April 2015 No Buy Thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everybody, I thought I would start the no buy thread for April early, looking forward to it. I am almost finished with my project of using all my foil samples (80). In April, I will work on a project pan to use up all my deluxe samples in the area of body care, skin care, and hair care. My goal is to use them all up, then use my full size items in these categories (I have far fewer full size items than I do samples). I want to get down to my ideal collection which is just to have one (and maybe one backup) of each hair, skin, and body product. 

To begin, I sorted and inventoried my deluxe samples:

2 makeup remover

3 shower gel

4 conditioner (regular, rinse out)

4 hand cream

4 toner

7 shampoo (includes 2 minis of shampoo/shower gel, bubble bath 3 in 1, which I do use on hair and body)

9 face cleansers (includes 2 small face soaps)

9 eye creams

10 serums

10 masques

10 peels/scrubs

15 body lotion/oil (includes 2 oils for hair, body, and face)

17 face creams in tube (does not include any sunscreens that are tinted - those are with my makeup)

20 face creams/oils in bottles and jars

20 hair treatments (dry shampoo, leave in conditioners, hair oil, hair perfume, hair masque, styling products)

Total deluxe samples: 144!

I have so many samples because in 2014 I tried many beauty subs, purchased many boxes from Beauty Bar warehouse sales, and also purchased some beauty advent calendars. 

I don't have a project for my nail polish, perfume, and makeup yet. I will work on one after I get going on this project. 

For my financial goal, in April I want to pay off my Netbook (about $170), which has a promotional APR. 

Happy April! 

Back