Beauty Joy Box?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone had experience with this subscription? I'm trying to decide between resubscribing to Boxycharm or subscribing here. They posted their first spoiler for April on facebook and it's extremely tempting!

I have no experience with this box but I just checked their facebook and looks like the spoilers for April are

Full size Too Faced product
Tocca

Last edited by a moderator:
Ouu those are some good spoilers. I love everything Too Faced. I was on the fence with this sub but this might be enough to push me into subscribing I think.

So I got my box today which surprised me because I just got the shipping info on Thursday!

What I got was:

A gemstone bracelet $8 (I'm not sure this is an accurate price but it's pretty and I'll wear it.

Too Faced Sweet Sun Shine Lip Gloss in Papaya Slushie $16 (this was what I was most excited about and the value paid for the box itself)

Tocca Body Lotion in grapefruit and cucumer $4.50 (it smells great I'll give it a try)

Paul Mitchell Awpuhi Wild Ginger Moisturizing Lather Shampoo $3.25

Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Wild Ginger Keratin Cream Rinse $3.25

I'm not to excited about the Shampoo or cream rinse but I will try them and everything else I will use! I think it was a pretty good value for $15 and it shipped really fast which is a bonus!

I've gotten Beauty Joy for 3 months and of the three months there's only like one product I keep and use. The jewelry is mostly gold tone, which I don't wear. I just got my May box and two of the products are ones I received last year in Lip Monthly and Luna For You, so not really happy about that. But there is a full size Laura Geller product, and the jewelry this month is kind of odd. 

This was my first (and last) month getting this box.  I got a gold JCat lipstick.  Like, seriously gold.  A sparkly lip liner which I guess would go with the gold lipstick if I was ever going to wear it.  A nice Laura Geller highlighter, a nothing special sample of lotion, and the weirdest Cinderella carriage necklace that at least my 6 year old daughter was excited about.  I was really disappointed in this box.  Out of the entire box, the only thing I was happy about getting was the highlighter.

Does anyone know how they source their beauty products? Are they from the brand directly or purchased from a third party reseller? I'm not too keen on questionably sourced products for my face as the risk of expired and/or counterfeit products is fairly high.

I love this Box! This month's June box is amazing! Check out spoilers and the review at everythingandnothin.

I love this Box! This month's June box is amazing! Check out spoilers and the review at everythingandnothin.
I like the earrings, I bought some like that at Kohl's a couple years ago. I canceled after last month with the Cinderella necklace. The jewelry was never my style and didn't seem like an awesome value. 

Here is what I got in my July Box! 

img_0599.jpg

img_0592.jpg

img_0595.jpg

img_0597.jpg

Was anyone else really disappointed with the July box?  First off, they double billed me.  Once on June 18 and then again on July 1st, with July being my first box.

The Sister Sky lotion and body wash are the hotel/hospitality bottles.  ( mariettacorp.com)

The nail polish looks ok, but I have not tried it yet. 

The Laura Gellar eye shadow is pretty, but that particular eyeshadow is found on Amazon for $12 so I am assuming it's discontinued. 

I did not get pretty Jewelry like I saw on some reviews online.  I cancelled right away, I am now searching for my third beauty box.

Birchbox, IPSY, .....

Back