Try The World - Food Subscription

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone tried the Try The World food subscription? I just subscribed to try it out because I'm interested in trying food from around the world plus I have way too many beauty subscriptions. Need something else for a change. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">

I got a gift sub for Christmas. While it is a fun box, and probably the most beautifully packaged one I've gotten, it is NOT worth the money.

The value of the box is far less than the cost, and *many* of the items I've received I've actually found at Big Lots of all places. It doesn't mean they aren't good quality, but if I can get the same items at Big Lots for $6, it certainly doesn't make sense to spend $35 to have them mailed to me.

I'm also not a fan of their customer service. Long story short, I was supposed to have my last box skipped, they sent it anyway, and then never responded to the email afterwards.

Thanks for the feedback wish I had known this before subscribing. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20"> I'll see how the first box is and then probably cancel.

I received my Try the World boxes. They had a promo buy one box, get one for free so I received two boxes. One European one which I'm really excited about and will use the products from it for sure. The items with gluten I can't eat but my family members can which is good. The other box is more exotic (Marrakesh) but I'll use some of the items from there to try them and I really liked the little booklet that came with the box with information and recipes.

try the world cover.jpg

trytheworld.png

trytheworld spoiler.png

nice!   I love food boxes ~ the pate, matcha tea, chocolates look really good and I love the Marrakesh box!

I got the same European box for free (except swap olives for pesto), just paid $5 shipping, as an intro box. I ended up cancelling because I wasn't super impressed with the value/selection. If it was a box of things that went together, I would probably feel differently, but they were just a mish mash of products. I have to say I was pretty excited to finally receive Rip Van Wafels though....

I'm excited about the chocolates in the European box. I eat way too much chocolate. I'm also interested in trying the matcha too. I drink green tea daily but haven't had matcha. I could probably go and buy similar or the same products from World's market but I like receiving little packages. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20"> I think I'll hang on for one more shipment and see what it's like. These remind me of the Vacation in a box boxes except these are all food items.

My box came today. This time the theme was Argentina. The box was ok. I cancelled my subscription though because I need to seriously cut back on all my boxes. The cookies didn't fit in the picture so I took a separate picture of the cookies.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Back