Wet Shave Club - Ladies box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
anyone else getting this?  I signed up for the pre-sale, as it is 50% off (only 2 more days at this price)

womensbox.jpg

here is the first spoiler

1962854_892121947512708_2886782943476384774_n.jpg

After seeing @@biancardi's post I signed up.  At first the free shipping code didn't work (I just put in a order a couple days ago) so I emailed them and got them to reinstate it.  I hope it lives up to the hype. :wub:

Thanks for posting the spoilers! This looks like a geat one. I might need to sign up.

they just posted the full box on FB - OMG.  Can't wait!!

Wet Shave Club's first women's box! Soaps from @StirlingSoap In Black Cherry and Strawberry Bubbly, body frosting from Whoos the Man Soap in Strawberry Citrus, our gorgeous pink razor, blades, and an awesome synthetic brush

11210498_896027670455469_3449408334908784649_n.jpg

my box came!  here is my review :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My box came neatly packaged in a brown cardboard box with the Wet Shave Club Logo on the top. 

Instruction Card on how to Wet ShaveThey really should tailor these instructions for women ~ legs, armpits and other pit places…I am not shaving my face, guys….

Wet Shave Club Safety Razor in Pink ~ WOW, this razor has some heft to it .  This is a very weighty razor and not some lightweight plastic thing.  This is a wonderfully enameled pink handled razor that has Wet Shave Club on the top of its head.  I cannot wait to use this tomorrow morning!   This is designed by Kevin Pereira, one of the owners of WSC.  Value $29.99

Description:  If Floyd can be Pink, then so can you. This double edge safety razor can tackle all things, big and small. This safety razor will leave you with silky smooth skin, irritation-free. This investment will last for years to come and will instantly up your shaving-game. Think pink – life’s better that way.

Treet Dura Sharp Double Edge Blades (10 pack)   These carbon steel double edged blades will fit in the Pink razor.   According to WSC, I should change my blade every 3 days or so.  Value $3.99

Satin Tip – The Purest – Luxury Synthetic Shaving Brush in Black  I have never used a shaving brush before, so I am interested on how this works with my soaps and a close shave.   This brush feels so soft and if I just cannot master using the brush as a shaving brush, I might reappropriate this as a facial powder brush!  The handle is a matte rubber that is easy to grasp and makes it non-slippery when your hands are wet and soapy.   I also like that it is synthetic as many shaving brushes that are made with natural hairs are getting the hairs from China and their fur farms.   So far, this box is shaping up nicely!   Value $29.99

Description: These brushes by Satin Tip have had hundreds of hours of research and product development to build what we feel are the world’s finest and most affordable synthetic shaving brushes.  Each brush comes with an attractive paper slip case for storage and travel.   Made of 100% pure synthetic materials. Ultra soft ends, but firm enough core bristles to make a great lather. These brushes rival and yield better results than most badger hair versions. The handles are just as amazing as the bristle.  Made with a low slip rubberized coating these handles always receive high praise.  As another added bonus of utilizing a synthetic brush you can take comfort in the fact that your product has not contributed to animal cruelty and the badger and boar fur farms primarily in China.  

Shaving Soap pucks by Stirling Soap Co  I received two 1 oz  sample pucks of soaps, one in Strawberry Bubbly and the other in Black Cherry.  Please note, that these soaps do contain animal fats, so if you are looking for a vegan soap, this isn’t it.  However, I don’t have objections to beef tallow in my soap, as it is becoming more popular in DIY and indie soap makers and beef tallow makes this soap more slick and easy to shave with.   This also contains almond oil, shea butter and lanolin too. WSC stated on their IG account that these were cruelty free. I can really smell the Black Cherry one ~ it reminds me of Faygo Black Cherry Soda Pop and I love it!  Strawberry Bubbly reminds me of strawberry bubble gum :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  These soaps are very pliable and you can bend them like silly putty.    I checked out Stirling Soap Co’s scents and there are a few that I would love to try out, such as Cocoa Forest, Lemon Glacial, Lemony Orange, Frozen Tundra, Tuscany and Bergamot Lavender.   Sample 1 oz pucks:  Strawberry Bubbly: Value $1.25  Black Cherry:  Value $2.50

Description: For one of the best shaves on the market at any price, pick up a puck of Stirling Shave Soap. With an improved lather that is easy to build, this soap provides a slickness that is unmatched! Made by hand in small batches, this (full sized) puck is 3 inches in diameter and weighs approximately 125 grams (may vary slightly based on cure time). Meant to be used with a brush and shaving bowl or apothecary cup, we guarantee that this soap will outlast a normal can of shaving foam or gel and leave you feeling silky smooth.  NOTE: Our shave samples are three inches in diameter just like the full pucks. They will weigh between 20-30 grams. They are a perfect fit for the small tins that can be found in the Hardware section.

WetShaveClub%20wetshaveclub%20bull%20Instagram%20photos%20and%20videos%202015-05-11%2019-01-53.jpg
image from https://instagram.com/p/2YxeDiCiMV/?taken-by=wetshaveclubIngredients: Beef Tallow, Stearic Acid, Distilled Water, Castor Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Potassium & Sodium Hydroxide, Almond Oil, Lanolin, Shea Butter, Coconut Milk, Fragrance Oil, Clay, Sodium Lactate

Whoo’s Soaps Strawberry Citrus Body Frosting After shaving my legs, a good body lotion is required!  This smooth, lightweight but very moisturizing lotion is very creamy and I can smell the strawberries with a faint scent of lemon/lime and almost soapy-fresh.   This scent reminds me of something from my childhood, but I cannot place it.   This lotion is full of antioxidants, emollients and moisturizing ingredients.   Whoo’s Soap is an Etsy shop (yeah, go etsy!) and they have sugar scrubs, perfumes and shampoos there, as well as a men’s shop.  This lotion is not in their shop yet, so I am thinking it is either brand new or exclusive to WSC Ladies box!   Sample Size 2 oz Value $3.00 (based on other past lotions they sold)

Ingredients: water, safflower oil, glycerin, butylene glycol, stearic acid, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100, cetyl alcohol, dimethicone,allantoin, Vitamin B5, aloe vera juice, calendula officinals flower extract, chamomile extract, cucumber fruit extract, lavender extract, Vitamin E, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, carbomer, triethanolamine, phenoxyethanol, caprylyl glycol, ethylhexylglycerin, hexylene glycol, fragrance oils   cosDNA.com analysis

I really love my Wet Shave Club Ladies Box!!  I am pretty excited about trying these products and cannot wait to see what is in my next box.  I would love it if they had a shaving bowl included (I am going to have to use a cereal bowl for now! haha), maybe a tin for our soap pucks and as far as scents go, women do like piney, herbal, minty and citrus scents!  Please don’t think we all want floral and berries  (although I LOVE the Black Cherry soap scent!)   I paid $14.50 as I took advantage of the pre-order where I would get 50% off my first box and received a value of almost $71.00!  Pretty good deal :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

That soap smells SO good!! I definitely hope for some minty goodness in a future box. Although, I don't really need another box for awhile because this one has so much in it.

anyone else get a June ladies box?  I have to be missing some items, because this $26.00 box was less than $14.00

I received

sample (1 oz) sie of Puur  Pure Honey Mist ($3.50)

sample (1.5) soap & shave red leaf soap in oatmeal, milk & honey (2.67)

sample (2 oz) of seasons of love gifts oatmeal cookie sugar scrub (3.50)

shark 5 pack razors (1.42)

astra platinum 5 pack razors (2.25)

my box was not tampered with.   I am really disappointed in this month's offerings if that is all there is.

I received the same disappointing box.  I agree that the value is low considering they charge $26.  Maybe they should look into including some indie bath products or something else that would boost the fun factor in receiving a monthly shaving box.  As it is, I am going to cancel because I don't really need two packages of shaving blades every month.  I know I'm hairy but I'm not Sasquatch!

I received the same disappointing box.  I agree that the value is low considering they charge $26.  Maybe they should look into including some indie bath products or something else that would boost the fun factor in receiving a monthly shaving box.  As it is, I am going to cancel because I don't really need two packages of shaving blades every month.  I know I'm hairy but I'm not Sasquatch!
I will be complaining to them.  The value of the box should meet what we paid for it.  I honestly think they aren't prepared for a ladies box, because the men boxes always look good.

@Cupcakes  you should email them - they responded to me & stated I was missing a leather cover, worth 20.00 (not sure what that is...) and they are shipping that out to me

Just chatted with Jen via their IM and the leather cover is for the razor we received last month.  She said they will send it via Priority Mail. 

I received the razor cover today and took a picture of my complete June box up on instagram @BagsBitesBoxes Appologies in advance if I am not allowed to do that! I need to learn how to post photos on here one of these days. :blink: :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got mine as well - I have to say, unless next month's box is really fantastic, I am not subbing for more at that time - I locked into a 3 month sub, so one more for me.

Oh man, that first box was so great looking too!  I almost subbed before I saw what you said you got in the second box.  Please let us know how your next month's box is! 

they actually do have a theme - it is honey oatmeal

the aftershave mist smells just like honey, the scrub like an oatmeal cookie and the soap also smells like honey. Even the leather cover is honey colored - lol

Yeah, next month needs to wow me.

I think it would help if they did a little info card with the shipments to explain the collection.  I only found out the Puur Pure Honey Mist was specially made for them when I spoke with them to explain my disappointment in the value of the box.  The info card would also help customers know if they are missing items (i.e. the leather razor cover).  I'll stay for another shipment and hope the next box kicks butt because I want them to succeed!

Latest posts

Back