When will you stop believing the LIE?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The LIE that Angelina Jolie has high cheekbones?

As you can see from this picture, hers sit very low on her face and are very unpronounced. All the makeup trickery in the world won't deceive anyone; you can clearly see her facial bone structure in this picture. Compare her cheekbones to the man's on the right... now THOSE are what high cheekbones look like, and they're extraordinarily rare to have.

11111111.jpg

I believe high cheekbones have nothing to with how "sharp" it looks in profile.  It really is bone placement.  I have high cheekbones and mine do not look like that very good looking man's.  Mine are more like Jolie's, so yes, I would say she has high cheekbones.  Her bones are highly placed - they just don't stick out 10 inches or anything.   High cheekbones are not rare.  

Chiseled good looks - those are rare ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
HIGH

High cheekbones start at the temples, swoop down and arch close to the eye sockets. High cheekbones can look incredibly photogenic, but putting blusher in the wrong place can make them look sharp and bony.

Seen on:

Famous high cheekbones include Naomi Campbell, Uma Thurman, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Katharine Hepburn and Lisa Kudrow.

Low cheekbones start near the corners of the mouth and curve gently up towards the bottom of the ears. Low cheekbones make a striking beauty feature, but they can also make the face look heavy if blusher is applied badly.

Seen on:

Famous low cheekbones include Helena Christensen, Cameron Diaz, Christina Ricci, Jennifer Aniston and Elisha Cuthbert.
from http://foofooslippers.com/2015/03/11/your-bone-structure/

jolie's cheekbones do start at her temple, not at her mouth nor do they go towards her lower ear either...

from http://foofooslippers.com/2015/03/11/your-bone-structure/

jolie's cheekbones do start at her temple, not at her mouth nor do they go towards her lower ear either...
I don't think that's a very good source for assessing what high cheekbones are, and who has them. This site says that "famous people with LOW cheekbones" include Helen Christensen and Cameron Diaz, which just has to be a joke. They both have beautiful high cheekbones. The other women on the list, particularly Christina Ricci, I can see a case for.

I've always understood "high cheekbones" to just refer to cheekbones that are, quite simply... pronounced. Everyone has cheekbones... it's just that some are subtle and others are pronounced. If you have high cheekbones, you'll notice a shadow under your cheekbone under most lighting (without makeup of course).

If they refer to cheekbone placement as you suggest, I was not aware of that?

@@RealityCheck_1990 from what I understand, it is bone placement.  My high cheekbones are not pronounced because I have chubby cheeks, but they are high.    They are called high because of where they sit on your face and it "holds" up your face - people with high cheekbones have extra support holding up the skin on their face.    high cheekbones start at your temples and come under your eye.  The shadows under your cheekbones do not mean you have high cheekbones, that is more about your face shape, which the cutie pie in the photo you posted has a totally different facial shape from Jolie, and how much fat you have on your face.   I use my face as an example, my face  is long oblong and my cheekbones are not sharp or pointed, but you can see them swoop down from the temple,  and there is an indent.   It is harder to see on my face, you really have to see my face from the side to notice.   Based on the shape of your face, it can be really noticeable or more subtle.  The gentleman in the photo has defined jawline and the photography there is using lighting to enhance his cheekbones to get that sharp definition.  His face is leaner than Jolie's as well, which the leaner the face, the more that your bones will be pronounced.

that is why Helen, who has amazing cheekbones, has low cheekbones - they don't start at the temple - same with Diaz as well.

Latest posts

Back