Very new to the world of blogging, any advice?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I created my blog yesterday. There is nothing to it yet but one little test post. I am having the hardest time with the aesthetics of it. I myself am an all things Halloween type of person. Quite dark in my personality. All of which I am perfectly fine with. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> As i was looking  through themes in wordpress of course i managed to sniff out a couple Halloween-ie ones. Would that really work all that well with a beauty blog though. Besides just overall major nervousness about sharing with the world this is my biggest headache right now. Any thoughts on the delicate balance of presenting a blog as close to your personality as possible while not taking away from the subject?

Well blogging should be about a mix of your personality and information on a particular topic, do don't hold back on your personal style of writing or emotion, let it all shine and be genuine!

As a blogger myself, the best advice I can also give is to create relationships with other bloggers, offer to write stuff and see what they can offer in return. Build these relationships and you'll always have a place to write beyond your own blog.

Make your blog reflect your personality which will give it originality. If you stay true then your followers will see your authenticity and will appreciate it so much more. There's a lot of people copying other blogs but if they can showcase themselves through the blog then there's greater potential.

Also make sure you're consistent with your posts, I feel that is key!

What is your blog url?

xx

Latest posts

Back