Should Birchbox open more brick-and-mortar stores?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Birchbox sent an email asking for people to vote about if they would be interested in having a Birchbox store in their city. Their first and only one is currently in NYC (not considering their summer campaign with some GAP stores). According to the email three lucky cities get picked. What are your thoughts on this? Do you want to see a Birchbox brick and mortar store by you?

I would love it if they opened one near me since their current one is way to far from me. I think if they had a store somewhere close by, I would definitely visit it. I don't currently visit Sephora or Ulta stores very often even though they are close. I prefer shopping online but somehow I'm more interested in BB stores. From the look of their NYC store based on pictures, I could get lost in there for hours. :) I think it's smart on their part to expand. What are your thoughts?

BB NYC Store.jpg

BB road trip.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
When we lived in NorCal, Birchbox has these collabs with Benefit in SFO which I went to. Their events are so fun and worth the money!

Hope they would really set up one here in OC! i will really go every weekend to take a break from mommy life! LOL

I would absolutely go if they opened one in Dallas.  Northpark Mall would be the perfect spot for a BB store.  

I would love it if one oppened up near me. I'm in Knoxville, TN. The one in NY is way too far away, but I would definitely go if one was closer. I think it would be fun to build my on birchbox. Can anyone that has been to the NY store tell us what it's like?

I went to the Atlanta pop-up today and wasn't overly thrilled. For one, it's really just not smart to plan an outdoor event in Atlanta in August. Sweat central. But the workers weren't exactly knowledgeable about the products and the selection wasn't very exciting. I did the build your own box, which was $15. Signs advertised a free Popsicle (from a local maker who is all over town) but they packed up and left while I was in line. They were doing free manis but the list was 20 deep, but there weren't even 20 people present.

I'll stick to being happy with online shopping Birchbox!

I went to the Atlanta pop-up today and wasn't overly thrilled. For one, it's really just not smart to plan an outdoor event in Atlanta in August. Sweat central. But the workers weren't exactly knowledgeable about the products and the selection wasn't very exciting. I did the build your own box, which was $15. Signs advertised a free Popsicle (from a local maker who is all over town) but they packed up and left while I was in line. They were doing free manis but the list was 20 deep, but there weren't even 20 people present.

Wow.  I didn't realize they were doing these events outside in the middle of Summer.  Thanks for posting your experience.  It does not sound like these BB roadtrip things were well-planned at all.  

I drove by on Friday, and the lines were crazy; since they were in the parking lot of an active shopping center, there was no parking either. I didn't realize it was an outdoor event until I got there. Between the $15 and $25 boxes and the heat index of 400ºF, it didn't seem worth it. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back