-->

Welcome Guest to MakeupTalk

Welcome to MakeupTalk, one of the largest beauty communities online! Love makeup and beauty products as much as we do? Do you look forward to getting your beauty subscription boxes every month? Sign up or sign in to join in on the conversations and share your love for makeup, beauty and subscription boxes with others. By signing up or signing in you get access to the features listed below. Signing up is FREE and requires minimal information. We look forward to seeing you on the forums and having you part of our community! Thanks for stopping by!
  • Start new topics and reply to others in our MakeupTalk Forums
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get notification & email updates
  • Get your personal profile page and make new friends in our Community
  • Submit your reviews about Makeup Products and get feedback from other users
  • Send personal messages to other members

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

Latest Posts

Sponsors

Become a Forum Sponsor!

Photo

August 2015 PopSugar Must Have Box *Spoilers*

146 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 147 ONLINE   girlnamedpete

girlnamedpete

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Joined 01-April 14
Reviews

Posted 19 July 2015 - 10:01 AM

OK,I'm ready. *lol* I looked back on August boxes from 2014 and 2013 and it seems they aren't as season specific as most months, which is nice.  It seems they kind of bridge summer/fall.  About now every year I get SO excited for fall and am over summer (we had a freak rain/thunder/lightning storm yesterday and I was in heaven) -I know, I should probably be committed.  I live in So CA and we are in a horrendous drought so heat is not exactly welcome.

Anyway, bring it on!  Let's go!

Edited by girlnamedpete, 19 July 2015 - 10:02 AM.

• Reija, jiblet and Jay.Aitch.Gee like this

#Post 2 of 147 OFFLINE   Snolili

Snolili

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Joined 09-October 13
Reviews

Posted 20 July 2015 - 09:41 AM

What a rainstorm it was, too. (Also in SoCal.) Hopefully there will be more rain, goodness knows we could use it. Maybe it will be "back to school" ish? Or End of summer? It might be fun to get that BBQ/picnic stuff some people were hoping for in the July box, for those last summer gatherings. I really hope for a better snack. I thought the bar from the July box was nasty. 

• aweheck likes this

#Post 3 of 147 ONLINE   girlnamedpete

girlnamedpete

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Joined 01-April 14
Reviews

Posted 20 July 2015 - 01:08 PM

What a rainstorm it was, too. (Also in SoCal.) Hopefully there will be more rain, goodness knows we could use it. Maybe it will be "back to school" ish? Or End of summer? It might be fun to get that BBQ/picnic stuff some people were hoping for in the July box, for those last summer gatherings. I really hope for a better snack. I thought the bar from the July box was nasty. 

Maybe for us they can include a raft or canoe??  :P

• jiblet likes this

#Post 4 of 147 OFFLINE   Snolili

Snolili

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Joined 09-October 13
Reviews

Posted 20 July 2015 - 01:10 PM

Maybe for us they can include a raft or canoe??  :P

That would be awesome, lol. Maybe some stylish life jackets?

• Shauna999, girlnamedpete and jiblet like this

#Post 5 of 147 OFFLINE   hilaryrose90

hilaryrose90

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Joined 29-August 14
Reviews

Posted 23 July 2015 - 09:29 AM

Last year's August box is what sold me on ordering September, which was my first box. So I definitely have high hopes, and am hoping for a spoiler soon - I also just ordered the fall Rachel Zoe box after seeing the gorgeous watch that's the hero item.

But it's July 23rd and they're still selling the July box, and I got an email the other day that said "LESS THAN 300 LEFT!" which is actually an absolute shiteload of boxes to have left this late into the month. They've definitely exhausted all their extra subscribers from the holiday sales and I think they're back to the scramble now. We'll probably start seeing decent coupon codes again soon, but if I had to guess I'd say we won't see a spoiler for some time. Maybe not until someone unboxes!  :(

#Post 6 of 147 OFFLINE   s112095

s112095

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Joined 26-March 13
Reviews

Posted 25 July 2015 - 08:11 AM

I think maybe the boxes where there isn't one luxury feeling item and the other nice things has turned people off. It's nice to know the themes but when it feels like everything is $28 it's not the same. Maybe. Especially with Rachel Zoe's first 3 hero items being that bracelet, a Cambridge satchel bag and the watch for fall. 

#Post 7 of 147 OFFLINE   penny13

penny13

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Joined 07-July 13
Reviews

Posted 26 July 2015 - 07:22 AM

But it's July 23rd and they're still selling the July box, and I got an email the other day that said "LESS THAN 300 LEFT!" which is actually an absolute shiteload of boxes to have left this late into the month. They've definitely exhausted all their extra subscribers from the holiday sales and I think they're back to the scramble now. We'll probably start seeing decent coupon codes again soon, but if I had to guess I'd say we won't see a spoiler for some time. Maybe not until someone unboxes!   :(

Agreed - I think they were able to "sell out" because a bunch of us had subscribed with the holiday sale. Personally, when my six months were done, I didn't resub, and have been able to trade for whatever I wanted. I'm also curious to see if we get more $10.00 coupons like we used to see.

I'm looking for the Miasani bracelet from the first Rachel Zoe box - I have the House of Harlow Lynn sunglasses in fog, the Cambridge Satchel from the recent box, or the popsugar marc jacobs bracelet to trade!

#Post 8 of 147 OFFLINE   Hectors Friend

Hectors Friend

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Joined 01-December 13
Reviews

Posted 27 July 2015 - 08:03 AM

the $20 coupons were good too. : )  

#Post 9 of 147 OFFLINE   nicepenguins

nicepenguins

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts
  • Joined 26-February 12
Reviews

Posted 27 July 2015 - 08:20 AM

Wow, that's sad that they are still selling the july boxes...and not even sharing their "inspiration" for August.

The $ value of 250 or so boxes at $40 each is like $10k--that's not very much money to a huge company like that...they should just have a contest to win a July box and focus on August. Those who are long term subscribers often enjoy the fun of anticipation and little hints, and when we don't have that, the sub isn't as fun for me.

For August I LOVE back to school themes...like when we got the lunchbox and apple dish. I would love some cute little desk supplies, a new makeup item for fall, a colorful bracelet, maybe something fitness or nutrition related...
  • Reija, MET and Jay.Aitch.Gee like this
I made my list!

#Post 10 of 147 OFFLINE   lauradiniwilk

lauradiniwilk

Enthusiast

• Super Moderators
  • 927 posts
  • Joined 03-April 12
Reviews

Posted 27 July 2015 - 10:56 AM

If my memory is correct, August is the PSMH anniversary month, so I'm looking forward to an extra special box this month!

• Reija, nicepenguins, MoiSurtout and 2 others like this

#Post 11 of 147 OFFLINE   northwest22

northwest22

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • Joined 09-October 13
Reviews

Posted 27 July 2015 - 08:32 PM

I'm excited for August's box. I feel like we're moving out of summer into Fall (my favorite season.)
  • Reija likes this

#Post 12 of 147 OFFLINE   zeesa

zeesa

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Joined 19-September 14
Reviews

Posted 30 July 2015 - 10:23 AM

So, I think I found a spoiler, possibly? This is posted under the instagram user Ramonahmb. 

https://instagram.co...en-by=ramonahmb

I have a screen shot of the image, but cannot figure out how to attach it here. It looks like Kris Nations is a jewelry company. Maybe we will get something from them? http://krisnations.com

#Post 13 of 147 ONLINE   girlnamedpete

girlnamedpete

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Joined 01-April 14
Reviews

Posted 30 July 2015 - 10:35 AM

You are GOOD!  Interested to see what it is.  Some of their stuff appeals to me but some doesn't at all.  I will keep an open mind and think positive!

#Post 14 of 147 OFFLINE   zeesa

zeesa

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Joined 19-September 14
Reviews

Posted 30 July 2015 - 10:40 AM

Haha - thanks! I hope it's not a wrap bracelet and that it's something substantial. I wouldn't mind one of their bar necklaces, like this one: http://krisnations.c...na-bar-necklace. Hopefully it's something nice - maybe even specific for Popsugar!

• MET likes this

#Post 15 of 147 OFFLINE   Teach22

Teach22

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Joined 11-October 14
Reviews

Posted 30 July 2015 - 11:39 AM

Oooh thats pretty, I just hope its not a state specific necklace.  While I think those state necklaces are very cute I wouldn't want a neckalce of a state I have no connection  to and I doubt they d take the time to send  each subscriber the state they live in.  I wonder if this is for the August box, I wonder how far in advance they have the boxes ready.

#Post 16 of 147 ONLINE   Bizgirlva

Bizgirlva

Aficionado

• Super Moderators
  • 2,774 posts
  • Joined 13-November 12
Reviews

Posted 30 July 2015 - 11:56 AM

Blegh. I'm a little "over" PopSugar jewelry, but I suppose it swaps well.

My Rachel Zoe ring from the Fall Lux box (oh that reminds me time to start thinking about that too), is starting to turn my finger green. Ughh. I love that ring too, most of the "gold" has rubbed off and it became sort of a pretty rose gold, but now it's starting to turn a copper color (likely why my finger is now green). I can't help put feel it's cheap quality and over-hyped.  :(

#Post 17 of 147 OFFLINE   inimitable_d

inimitable_d

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Joined 21-June 15
Reviews

Posted 30 July 2015 - 04:20 PM

Hmmm…I think that site has some cute items, but also things I don't see myself wearing.  I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I'm really worried the jewelry value is overinflated, too.  I just got a silver-toned ring from another subscription, supposedly valued at $60-$100 (I can't find an exact match on the maker's website), but after wearing it for every day over the course of less than a month, it's already turning an unflattering coppery color.  

#Post 18 of 147 OFFLINE   Sadejane

Sadejane

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Joined 14-March 12
Reviews

Posted 30 July 2015 - 04:52 PM

Interesting maybe sort of kind of spoiler!  Popsugar does love to give us jewelry and because of them, I've amassed a lovely collection of baubles (that I totally love).   

This does kind of remind me of that sphinx razor spoiler from months ago, we all thought it would be in the next box but it still hasn't appeared.  Though I bet companies like Popsugar work months and months in advance to secure items for their box so there's still a chance we'll get it.  I was pretty excited about that razor but it's one of those things I'd want to test out first.  

#Post 19 of 147 OFFLINE   Teach22

Teach22

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Joined 11-October 14
Reviews

Posted 30 July 2015 - 07:39 PM

Interesting maybe sort of kind of spoiler!  Popsugar does love to give us jewelry and because of them, I've amassed a lovely collection of baubles (that I totally love).   

This does kind of remind me of that sphinx razor spoiler from months ago, we all thought it would be in the next box but it still hasn't appeared.  Though I bet companies like Popsugar work months and months in advance to secure items for their box so there's still a chance we'll get it.  I was pretty excited about that razor but it's one of those things I'd want to test out first.  

I agree if that photo was taken the day it was posted I doubt its in the August box but the picture could have been taken awhile ago and just posted recently to stir up excitement.  We will see.  I know I m so sad about the razor if thats not in the August box then my guess is we aren't getting one.  It would have fit in perfectly with the July box. :(

#Post 20 of 147 OFFLINE   lippey

lippey

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 26-August 14
Reviews

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:45 PM

Looks like Ramonhmb gave an update on the same Instagram page: "No necklaces in the box.  Can I spoil it and says what in there?  Studs for some and a chain bracelet for others.  Have to wait and see the design in your boxes!"

• 2,298,033 Posts
  • 105,792 Members
  • 18,417 Reviews
  • 53,985 Albums