August 2015 PopSugar Must Have Box *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
OK,I'm ready. *lol* I looked back on August boxes from 2014 and 2013 and it seems they aren't as season specific as most months, which is nice.  It seems they kind of bridge summer/fall.  About now every year I get SO excited for fall and am over summer (we had a freak rain/thunder/lightning storm yesterday and I was in heaven) -I know, I should probably be committed.  I live in So CA and we are in a horrendous drought so heat is not exactly welcome.

Anyway, bring it on!  Let's go!

Last edited by a moderator:
What a rainstorm it was, too. (Also in SoCal.) Hopefully there will be more rain, goodness knows we could use it. Maybe it will be "back to school" ish? Or End of summer? It might be fun to get that BBQ/picnic stuff some people were hoping for in the July box, for those last summer gatherings. I really hope for a better snack. I thought the bar from the July box was nasty. 

What a rainstorm it was, too. (Also in SoCal.) Hopefully there will be more rain, goodness knows we could use it. Maybe it will be "back to school" ish? Or End of summer? It might be fun to get that BBQ/picnic stuff some people were hoping for in the July box, for those last summer gatherings. I really hope for a better snack. I thought the bar from the July box was nasty. 
Maybe for us they can include a raft or canoe??  :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last year's August box is what sold me on ordering September, which was my first box. So I definitely have high hopes, and am hoping for a spoiler soon - I also just ordered the fall Rachel Zoe box after seeing the gorgeous watch that's the hero item.

But it's July 23rd and they're still selling the July box, and I got an email the other day that said "LESS THAN 300 LEFT!" which is actually an absolute shiteload of boxes to have left this late into the month. They've definitely exhausted all their extra subscribers from the holiday sales and I think they're back to the scramble now. We'll probably start seeing decent coupon codes again soon, but if I had to guess I'd say we won't see a spoiler for some time. Maybe not until someone unboxes!   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think maybe the boxes where there isn't one luxury feeling item and the other nice things has turned people off. It's nice to know the themes but when it feels like everything is $28 it's not the same. Maybe. Especially with Rachel Zoe's first 3 hero items being that bracelet, a Cambridge satchel bag and the watch for fall. 

But it's July 23rd and they're still selling the July box, and I got an email the other day that said "LESS THAN 300 LEFT!" which is actually an absolute shiteload of boxes to have left this late into the month. They've definitely exhausted all their extra subscribers from the holiday sales and I think they're back to the scramble now. We'll probably start seeing decent coupon codes again soon, but if I had to guess I'd say we won't see a spoiler for some time. Maybe not until someone unboxes!   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Agreed - I think they were able to "sell out" because a bunch of us had subscribed with the holiday sale. Personally, when my six months were done, I didn't resub, and have been able to trade for whatever I wanted. I'm also curious to see if we get more $10.00 coupons like we used to see.

Wow, that's sad that they are still selling the july boxes...and not even sharing their "inspiration" for August.

The $ value of 250 or so boxes at $40 each is like $10k--that's not very much money to a huge company like that...they should just have a contest to win a July box and focus on August. Those who are long term subscribers often enjoy the fun of anticipation and little hints, and when we don't have that, the sub isn't as fun for me.

For August I LOVE back to school themes...like when we got the lunchbox and apple dish. I would love some cute little desk supplies, a new makeup item for fall, a colorful bracelet, maybe something fitness or nutrition related...

You are GOOD!  Interested to see what it is.  Some of their stuff appeals to me but some doesn't at all.  I will keep an open mind and think positive!

Oooh thats pretty, I just hope its not a state specific necklace.  While I think those state necklaces are very cute I wouldn't want a neckalce of a state I have no connection  to and I doubt they d take the time to send  each subscriber the state they live in.  I wonder if this is for the August box, I wonder how far in advance they have the boxes ready.

Blegh. I'm a little "over" PopSugar jewelry, but I suppose it swaps well.

My Rachel Zoe ring from the Fall Lux box (oh that reminds me time to start thinking about that too), is starting to turn my finger green. Ughh. I love that ring too, most of the "gold" has rubbed off and it became sort of a pretty rose gold, but now it's starting to turn a copper color (likely why my finger is now green). I can't help put feel it's cheap quality and over-hyped.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hmmm…I think that site has some cute items, but also things I don't see myself wearing.  I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I'm really worried the jewelry value is overinflated, too.  I just got a silver-toned ring from another subscription, supposedly valued at $60-$100 (I can't find an exact match on the maker's website), but after wearing it for every day over the course of less than a month, it's already turning an unflattering coppery color.  

Interesting maybe sort of kind of spoiler!  Popsugar does love to give us jewelry and because of them, I've amassed a lovely collection of baubles (that I totally love).   

This does kind of remind me of that sphinx razor spoiler from months ago, we all thought it would be in the next box but it still hasn't appeared.  Though I bet companies like Popsugar work months and months in advance to secure items for their box so there's still a chance we'll get it.  I was pretty excited about that razor but it's one of those things I'd want to test out first.  

Interesting maybe sort of kind of spoiler!  Popsugar does love to give us jewelry and because of them, I've amassed a lovely collection of baubles (that I totally love).   

This does kind of remind me of that sphinx razor spoiler from months ago, we all thought it would be in the next box but it still hasn't appeared.  Though I bet companies like Popsugar work months and months in advance to secure items for their box so there's still a chance we'll get it.  I was pretty excited about that razor but it's one of those things I'd want to test out first.  
I agree if that photo was taken the day it was posted I doubt its in the August box but the picture could have been taken awhile ago and just posted recently to stir up excitement.  We will see.  I know I m so sad about the razor if thats not in the August box then my guess is we aren't getting one.  It would have fit in perfectly with the July box. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Looks like Ramonhmb gave an update on the same Instagram page: "No necklaces in the box.  Can I spoil it and says what in there?  Studs for some and a chain bracelet for others.  Have to wait and see the design in your boxes!"

Latest posts

Back