-->

Welcome Guest to MakeupTalk

Welcome to MakeupTalk, one of the largest beauty communities online! Love makeup and beauty products as much as we do? Do you look forward to getting your beauty subscription boxes every month? Sign up or sign in to join in on the conversations and share your love for makeup, beauty and subscription boxes with others. By signing up or signing in you get access to the features listed below. Signing up is FREE and requires minimal information. We look forward to seeing you on the forums and having you part of our community! Thanks for stopping by!
  • Start new topics and reply to others in our MakeupTalk Forums
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get notification & email updates
  • Get your personal profile page and make new friends in our Community
  • Submit your reviews about Makeup Products and get feedback from other users
  • Send personal messages to other members

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

Latest Posts

Sponsors

Become a Forum Sponsor!

Photo

Glossybox August 2015 *Spoilers*

Beauty Subscriptions Glossybox SPOILERS

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#Post 61 of 75 OFFLINE   Reija

Reija

MuT Mom

• Administrators
  • 9,618 posts
  • Joined 27-September 03
Reviews

Posted 20 August 2015 - 05:52 AM

I used the nail polish last night on my toes. I got the purple shade. It works well on the toes. I used the butter of london nail foundation. It's one of my favorite basecoats.

MakeupTalk Admin :)
Like us on Facebook - Twitter - Pinterest - Instagram
I also make handmade jewelry and I'm obsessed with natural beauty products and essential oils.

#Post 62 of 75 OFFLINE   bliss10977

bliss10977

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Joined 10-May 13
Reviews

Posted 20 August 2015 - 12:00 PM

Has anyone emailed/gotten a response about the half empty lip balm? I'm debating contacting them because I really like it and I'm bummed there's so little in the tube.

#Post 63 of 75 OFFLINE   sakura33

sakura33

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Joined 20-August 15
Reviews

Posted 20 August 2015 - 12:29 PM

Long time lurker here. I actually wrote to Glossybox after reading many had the same experience with the half empty lip balm. They actually responded quickly and said they were sorry, but that they were out of replacements to send but instead let me choose from a rather long list of inventory they had available to send me as a replacement. I wound up with the Skin and Co Truffle Serum instead! Not a bad deal! I am pretty impressed with their customer service and recommend contacting them about the unsatisfactory lip balm amount.

• Reija and bliss10977 like this

#Post 64 of 75 OFFLINE   bliss10977

bliss10977

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Joined 10-May 13
Reviews

Posted 20 August 2015 - 12:47 PM

Thank you!

#Post 65 of 75 OFFLINE   girlnamedpete

girlnamedpete

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Joined 01-April 14
Reviews

Posted 20 August 2015 - 12:57 PM

Long time lurker here. I actually wrote to Glossybox after reading many had the same experience with the half empty lip balm. They actually responded quickly and said they were sorry, but that they were out of replacements to send but instead let me choose from a rather long list of inventory they had available to send me as a replacement. I wound up with the Skin and Co Truffle Serum instead! Not a bad deal! I am pretty impressed with their customer service and recommend contacting them about the unsatisfactory lip balm amount.

Same exact experience with them.  I picked the Beautyblender.  They already sent me tracking for it, as well.

• artemiss likes this

#Post 66 of 75 OFFLINE   KrissyMichelle

KrissyMichelle

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Joined 03-May 15
Reviews

Posted 21 August 2015 - 04:44 PM

So while at work today, I received notification via USPS Text that my replacement box has FINALLY arrived after sitting in the post office for 2 days first. I get home, check the mail, and BAM! TWO BOXES! Which is funny, because if I follow the tracking for my original box that the apartment number was cut off of, it's not one that I received. So they sent me two replacement boxes? Which, I'm NOT complaining. They're exactly the same, so I'm gifting one to my friend (who actually loves the bubblegum pink polish). 

Anyways. I'm not a huge fan of the color of polish I got, but I swatched it on one nail (took two coats because I always do a thin first coat) and it dried in 3 minutes flat. I'm not talking it still squishes a little when I touch my nail" dry, I'm talking DRY. Done. I-can-pop-open-a-soda-can dry. I'm in love with the formula. Too bad I'm too broke for $12 polish.. 

Everything else will be used. I'm actually really happy with this box! 

• Reija, Bizgirlva and artemiss like this

#Post 67 of 75 OFFLINE   Bizgirlva

Bizgirlva

Aficionado

• Super Moderators
  • 4,276 posts
  • Joined 13-November 12
Reviews

Posted 21 August 2015 - 05:36 PM

I'm telling you the spa ritual polish is the fastest drying polish ever!
  • Reija and Krystyn Lowe like this

#Post 68 of 75 OFFLINE   MissKris17

MissKris17

Enthusiast

• Super Moderators
  • 958 posts
  • Joined 05-November 13
Reviews

Posted 21 August 2015 - 05:49 PM

So while at work today, I received notification via USPS Text that my replacement box has FINALLY arrived after sitting in the post office for 2 days first. I get home, check the mail, and BAM! TWO BOXES! Which is funny, because if I follow the tracking for my original box that the apartment number was cut off of, it's not one that I received. So they sent me two replacement boxes? Which, I'm NOT complaining. They're exactly the same, so I'm gifting one to my friend (who actually loves the bubblegum pink polish). 

Anyways. I'm not a huge fan of the color of polish I got, but I swatched it on one nail (took two coats because I always do a thin first coat) and it dried in 3 minutes flat. I'm not talking it still squishes a little when I touch my nail" dry, I'm talking DRY. Done. I-can-pop-open-a-soda-can dry. I'm in love with the formula. Too bad I'm too broke for $12 polish.. 

Everything else will be used. I'm actually really happy with this box! 

Check out eBay! A lot of people will list the items they got in boxes that the don't want. You can get one a lot cheaper!!

• artemiss likes this

#Post 69 of 75 OFFLINE   Reija

Reija

MuT Mom

• Administrators
  • 9,618 posts
  • Joined 27-September 03
Reviews

Posted 21 August 2015 - 06:34 PM

I'm telling you the spa ritual polish is the fastest drying polish ever!

It definitely is! I used it and couldn't believe how fast it dried compared to some of the other ones I have. Thanks for the tip!

I also make handmade jewelry and I'm obsessed with natural beauty products and essential oils.

#Post 70 of 75 OFFLINE   KDramasinPajamas

KDramasinPajamas

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Joined 02-February 15
Reviews

Posted 21 August 2015 - 06:48 PM

I am really enjoying the lash primer. I am using as tipped as a lash conditioner. I am hoping it will make my lashes more manageable and easier to curl. 

• Reija likes this

#Post 71 of 75 OFFLINE   Reija

Reija

MuT Mom

• Administrators
  • 9,618 posts
  • Joined 27-September 03
Reviews

Posted 21 August 2015 - 06:55 PM

I am really enjoying the lash primer. I am using as tipped as a lash conditioner. I am hoping it will make my lashes more manageable and easier to curl. 

I forgot about the primer. Thanks for the reminder to get it out. :)

• KDramasinPajamas likes this

#Post 72 of 75 OFFLINE   Krystyn Lowe

Krystyn Lowe

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts
  • Joined 21-March 14
Reviews

Posted 24 August 2015 - 11:10 AM

I contacted GB about the half empty lip balm and they quickly sent me a list of products to pick from so of course I picjed the 260.00 orogold thermal mask, lol! I got one in the mothers day box, kinda can't believe they had it on the list amongst travel size things! Woohoo.
  • Reija, lauradiniwilk and artemiss like this

#Post 73 of 75 OFFLINE   artemiss

artemiss

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Joined 30-January 15
Reviews

Posted 24 August 2015 - 02:42 PM

Same exact experience with them.  I picked the Beautyblender.  They already sent me tracking for it, as well.

That was my choice as well, I was torn between that, the Orogold mask and the Unwash cleansing conditioner, but I still have some of those left, and I need a need Beautyblender.

#Post 74 of 75 OFFLINE   sakura33

sakura33

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Joined 20-August 15
Reviews

Posted 26 August 2015 - 12:46 PM

I received my serum (replacement for the half empty lip balm) yesterday and actually snorted. I won't complain since it was basically a "freebie" but the size of the sample was laughable. I wasn't assuming it would be the full size (which is about $75) but I got a Birchbox sized sample (like .034 oz)- and I just hope that is NOT what members actually got as one of their box items whenever this product went out. I always though Glossybox was supposed to be full/deluxe/travel sized items?

Edited by sakura33, 26 August 2015 - 12:47 PM.

#Post 75 of 75 OFFLINE   KrissyMichelle

KrissyMichelle

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Joined 03-May 15
Reviews

Posted 29 August 2015 - 03:04 PM

So, new update. I received a third box today. The original one that they were sending back. I'm so confused. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Beauty Subscriptions, Glossybox, SPOILERS

• 2,323,899 Posts
  • 109,782 Members
  • 18,578 Reviews
  • 54,003 Albums