New OCC Lip Tars

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics is releasing their lip tars in new packaging. These will be available on their site August 14th.

occ lip tars.jpg

occ lip tars.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, I bet they look beautiful on the lips too! I also really love the blue even though I tend not to get crazy with my lip colors! I would definitely find a way to wear that one though.

While they can be worn alone, Lip tars originally came in the squeeze tubes so you could mix them together to create your own custom shade. So yes ladies,  you can wear the blue! It will look better if it suits your skin tone, but you can mix it with a purple (like lavender) to tone it down and make it a little more day to day wearable.

While I think the new packaging hinders mixing, I think it will make application much better. I think that tends to be everyone's gripe...hard to apply. You actually only need a dot the size of a pinhead for both lips.

Good to know! I didn't know you can mix them. That's a great idea! Thanks for the info @ChullBird. I had ordered the matte lip tart and lip liner before my no buy and before I saw this new packaging and I can't wait to use them. I've used their lip tar before but don't think I applied it properly. The lip tar comes with the handy brush so it's great. The lip liner is a great neutral. I got the trick liner and lip tar in memento.

Yeah! Mix away, girl! You can do so much with them. Let me know how the liners work out, Ive been curious but haven't tried them yet.

Usually when people say they don't like the lip tars it's because they don't dry or feather too much. That's what happens when you use too much product. It's better to start small and build up.

I love these so much...I'm going to need all the new colors. All of them.

I've been away from makeup way too long...What is the difference between a lip tar, lip stain, and all day wear lip"stick"?

I've been away from makeup way too long...What is the difference between a lip tar, lip stain, and all day wear lip"stick"?
Lip tar is in liquid form but performs kind of like a lipstick with the coverage once it dries. Lip stain is usually thinner consistency and just stains the lips (adds a color on top) more like a lipgloss but once it dries it just leaves a stain (color) on the lips. All day lipstick is suppose to last all day and it's more of a lipstick consistency but can be similar consistency to lip tars. I've found that lip stains and tars don't last all day. Maybe someone else can explain this better than I can. I think my explanation sounds very confusing as I'm re-reading it.

The lip Tars are available today on their website http://occmakeup.com/ and at nordstrom.

The other day I used one of the lip tars in their old packaging along with their lip liner and I loved the coverage and how they felt on the lips. They lasted longer than lipstick on me. I'm definitely going to get these once my no buy is over.

I like the idea of them being in a tube for easier application, but like someone else mentioned this hinders mixing. I haven't used the lip tars in a while, but the last tube I had lasted forever and the staying power is amazing.

Latest posts

Back