• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SCAMMER on MUABS.com

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lumaday

Lumaday
Reaction score
Hey all, if any of you use MUABS.com I wanted to make you aware of this (originally posted on Specktra)

This isnt directly related to ebay (so admin feel free to remove if it violates the rules) but i want to make the group aware of a fake seller on MUABs, a site I recently came across where you can sell and buy makeup.

This user (who is no longer on MUABs but went by the name of "sweetlolitajessie" - I have screenshots if anyone needs to see the fake posts) had posted photos of MAC LE lipsticks for sale that I coincidentally saw on specktra (the specktra user posted these photos a year ago and I alerted her to this. She informed me someone had already told her as well!)

This person insisted I use google wallet to pay and refused to accept a paypal payment. 

I decided to ask for more photos of the items because i thought this was suspicious (plus the price of the items were low for their value). She never got back to me after I asked for more photos. Now shes no longer on MUABs (or her posts) so I guess someone reported her.

Moral of the story. Always ask for more photos (yes its a burden for sellers but its a small price to pay to make sure someone isnt gonna get cheated out of money and as a seller im ok with sending more photos. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> AND request an invoice through paypal!

I got scammed by what I believe to be the same seller but under a different name.  She agreed to sell me 5 gently used MAC MSF products for $100 including Superb, which I guess is kind of rare. I'm new to MAC so I just thought it was a good deal but I should have realized it was too good to be true. Right after I paid I got an email from another MUABS member letting me know they thought this seller was the same as "sweetlolitajessie" but under a different name.  The new seller was "Glittered Vanity".  I asked GV if she could send me more pics of the items and she agreed and did. even though she sent the pics I asked her if she could refund my money because I had a weird feeling and wanted to back out of the sale.  After me begging her she agreed and sent a refund via PayPal.  Then she complained about how she was losing out on the $10 MUABS seller's fee.  I felt bad if she was a legit seller so I sent her $10 via PayPal to cover it.  I didn't realize at the time that all she had to do was request a refund from MUABS to get the fee back.  All this happened on Friday.  Later that day she relisted the lot and I think she sold it again because it was gone a few hours later.  By Sunday her page/shop/username was gone.

Anyway, I feel really stupid but I got scammed because today the refund was 'returned' which means they took the $100 out of my account anyway. She most likely pulled the money out of PayPal right away and closed her account so they can't run the refund.  I filed a dispute and hopefully PayPal helps me out, but everyone please be aware that there is a seller scamming people. Her MUABS shop was a mix of higher and lower end items so it looked legit, it's not like she was just selling expensive/rare items.  I did a little research with Google and if this is the same person as "sweetlolitajessie" then her thing seems to be pretending to sell lightly used MAC MSF items, including some rare ones like Superb and Whisper of Gilt.

I have her PayPal info including email and name and the name and email she was using to correspond about the items.  Her 'email' name and PayPal name did not match nor did the email addresses which was another red flag to me that made me back out of the sale. 

I really liked MUABS but this has put a bad taste in my mouth.  I don't know how people that do this sleep at night. 

Latest posts

Back