-->

Welcome Guest to MakeupTalk

Welcome to MakeupTalk, one of the largest beauty communities online! Love makeup and beauty products as much as we do? Do you look forward to getting your beauty subscription boxes every month? Sign up or sign in to join in on the conversations and share your love for makeup, beauty and subscription boxes with others. By signing up or signing in you get access to the features listed below. Signing up is FREE and requires minimal information. We look forward to seeing you on the forums and having you part of our community! Thanks for stopping by!
  • Start new topics and reply to others in our MakeupTalk Forums
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get notification & email updates
  • Get your personal profile page and make new friends in our Community
  • Submit your reviews about Makeup Products and get feedback from other users
  • Send personal messages to other members

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

Latest Posts

Sponsors

Become a Forum Sponsor!

Photo

Glossybox September 2015 Spoilers

Glossybox Beauty Subscriptions SPOILERS

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#Post 61 of 72 OFFLINE   KDramasinPajamas

KDramasinPajamas

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Joined 02-February 15
Reviews

Posted 03 October 2015 - 12:50 AM

I got mine but unfortunately my blush was broken, but wow - is it beautiful..

I don't think I have ever had anything broken inside my glossybox :-(  and the one time I do - it is something I would definitely wear.

I got the lipstick,  but in a bright red color.. I do not wear reds, so I will have to find someone to pass it on to.. the design of the lipstick looks so cool - I wish it was a color I would wear.. I don't know why I always get red lipsticks in all my subscription boxes but somehow I do and I do not even swatch them because I literally despise red lipstick.. oh well.

I wish I would have gotten the coffee mask/scrub.. :-( I have over 2,000 glossydots - I was thinking of ordering another box....and hope I get the nude lipstick + scrub.. (or an un-broken blush lol).

@dash4 and @Tazdvil If you used email instead of the contact form on the website you may want to give that a try. 

I know others have posted that they are out of the blush but you can repress the blush with a little rubbing alcohol. If you do not know the trick, there are a few youtube videos that can show you how.

Edited by KDramasinPajamas, 03 October 2015 - 12:55 AM.

#Post 62 of 72 OFFLINE   Tazdvil

Tazdvil

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Joined 04-May 13
Reviews

Posted 03 October 2015 - 07:07 PM

Hmmmm, it was through the contact form. I emailed using that email, hopefully I get a reply. Thank you for the suggestion.

#Post 63 of 72 OFFLINE   MissKris17

MissKris17

Enthusiast

• Super Moderators
  • 958 posts
  • Joined 05-November 13
Reviews

Posted 04 October 2015 - 08:14 AM

I've used the email and always got a reply.

#Post 64 of 72 OFFLINE   dash4

dash4

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Joined 29-April 14
Reviews

Posted 05 October 2015 - 08:02 AM

@dash4 and @Tazdvil If you used email instead of the contact form on the website you may want to give that a try. 

I know others have posted that they are out of the blush but you can repress the blush with a little rubbing alcohol. If you do not know the trick, there are a few youtube videos that can show you how.

I used the contact form, but I try the email address that was posted on the previous page.   They still have not contacted me back. :-(  I have a 6 month subscription that I was already thinking about cancelling when it is up (in November) and I think they just made my decision for me.  :(  Not cool.

#Post 65 of 72 OFFLINE   KDramasinPajamas

KDramasinPajamas

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Joined 02-February 15
Reviews

Posted 06 October 2015 - 08:05 AM

I used the contact form, but I try the email address that was posted on the previous page.   They still have not contacted me back. :-(  I have a 6 month subscription that I was already thinking about cancelling when it is up (in November) and I think they just made my decision for me.  :(  Not cool.

If both of those have failed try posting on their facebook page that you have tried to contact by email and by contact form and have not gotten a response. I have not used this method but I have heard that other people have had success with it. 

I have had both responses overnight and had to wait 1 to 2 weeks for a reply at different times, but when I finally did get a response they have exceeded my expectations for handling the issue. 

Edited by KDramasinPajamas, 06 October 2015 - 08:06 AM.

• Reija likes this

#Post 66 of 72 OFFLINE   Tazdvil

Tazdvil

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Joined 04-May 13
Reviews

Posted 07 October 2015 - 09:25 AM

Got a response using the email, thank you! They are out of blush but offered a variety of other options. They never received the contact form attempts... Maybe that system is flawed.
  • Reija and KDramasinPajamas like this

#Post 67 of 72 OFFLINE   SetToStunning

SetToStunning

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Joined 04-January 12
Reviews

Posted 08 October 2015 - 09:19 PM

So this hot mess showed up at my door. It was free so I don't know if I should bother to complain, given that I already was duped pissy with their customer service... The blush would have been the only thing I was excited about so at least I got a good reminder as to why I unsubbed in the first place.
image.jpeg

Edited by SetToStunning, 08 October 2015 - 09:20 PM.

In the religion of the insecure, I must be myself, respect my youth

#Post 68 of 72 OFFLINE   Reija

Reija

MuT Mom

• Administrators
  • 9,490 posts
  • Joined 27-September 03
Reviews

Posted 09 October 2015 - 04:44 AM

So this hot mess showed up at my door. It was free so I don't know if I should bother to complain, given that I already was duped pissy with their customer service... The blush would have been the only thing I was excited about so at least I got a good reminder as to why I unsubbed in the first place.
attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

what a bummer about the blush! :(

MakeupTalk Admin :)
Like us on Facebook - Twitter - Pinterest - Instagram
I also make Handmade jewelry

#Post 69 of 72 OFFLINE   Bizgirlva

Bizgirlva

Aficionado

• Super Moderators
  • 4,194 posts
  • Joined 13-November 12
Reviews

Posted 09 October 2015 - 12:32 PM

Oh no! 

#Post 70 of 72 OFFLINE   dash4

dash4

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Joined 29-April 14
Reviews

Posted 14 October 2015 - 01:52 PM

Hi guys,

I have been sick for the past five days so I have been unable to update.  I did get a response finally via the EMAIL option ( I had been using the contact option on the website - if I was unclear in previous posts)..

Anyway, I got a helpful lady and she offered to send me another item of my choosing.. unfortunately they are out of the blushes..which is a bummer.. but perhaps I will try to "repress" the one I got. I have done that with a Mac blush and I did not like the way it turned out though.. but maybe I will give it a shot, because I opened that blush again today - and I really, really, really love that color.

Sorry for the lack of an update.  I do not like giving an update on my update - when it has been resolved so nicely.. but I was very sick.  :(

Thank you all for the nice responses and the helpful posts.  I appreciate it!!

#Post 71 of 72 OFFLINE   dash4

dash4

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Joined 29-April 14
Reviews

Posted 14 October 2015 - 01:56 PM

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Oh gosh! Maybe I should be thankful that they were OOS of the blush.. I really don't understand why they don't bubble wrap fragile items.. It is common sense that even with those little black shreds of paper - it will still get jostled in that big box.. and likely break.

All they have to do is bubble wrap the really fragile things, like a blush.  Not every item.  

It isn't surprising that so many people had issues with broken blushes.. such a disappointment, because it seems like such a lovely product.. 

• MissKris17 likes this

#Post 72 of 72 OFFLINE   dash4

dash4

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Joined 29-April 14
Reviews

Posted 18 October 2015 - 02:56 PM

UPDATE:  I got my replacement product.   I had picked it out but the wording was sort of vague, so I did not really know what I was getting.

They sent me the #1 Heavenly Luxe Airbrush Powder & Bronzer brush by It Cosmetics - which retails for $48 on their site.  Wow.. Glossybox REALLY  made it up for it.   I am a little stunned to be honest..

Edited by dash4, 18 October 2015 - 02:57 PM.

• Reija and lauradiniwilk like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Glossybox, Beauty Subscriptions, SPOILERS

• 2,323,287 Posts
  • 109,581 Members
  • 18,571 Reviews
  • 54,001 Albums