Is there any other solution to this?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm 30 years old and have accumulated a lot of little spots from the sun throughout the years, up until about 5 years ago when I really started to wear sunscreen. I started wearing sunscreen to not only avoid getting more but to also avoid the lighter spots getting darker. I've been to the dermatologist and was told that they are moles. The best way to describe them is it looks like I got a black pen and pressed it against my skin making a little dot.

So they're not a big deal, you can hardly see them unless you're up close. However, they do bug me so I've stuck to my sunscreen regime. So is this my only solution? Just wear sunscreen everyday for the rest of my life and always look white as a ghost? I've never had any luck with sunless tan products.

It sucks because I could be out for a day in the sun without sunscreen and get a spot. Anyone else have this issue? How do you deal with it?

Thanks for your time.

Hi!

Have you tried lightening products like serums for sun spots and/or vitamin C serum under your moisturizer? Those are great for sun spots and preventing age spots etc. I got a sample of Estee Lauder night serum for age spots and really like it. Can't say if it's helping to lighten my spots because with a sample size you really can't judge it but I like the way it feels. I've found Korean skin care to be so much for effective to various skin conditions than the main stream products. Their masks are great and maybe worth trying. Every time I use a Korean mask I can't believe how much better my skin feels and looks. Sephora, Birchbox and several other sites now sell Korean products if you are interested in checking them out. For daily sunscreen, Dr. Jart is a great brand.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try an Alpha Betahydroxy serum. Mark lees makes a good one called Alphaplex. He makes two different ones, Alphaplex (http://shop.marklees.com/Alphaplex-MLSL-A.htm) which is what I use and he makes Alpha Advance (http://shop.marklees.com/The-Moisture-Support-System-Alpha-Advance-MSS-AA.htm) which is more moisturizing and is also made for more mature skin.  Like I said I use the Alphaplex and I had a lot of acne scarring. I've been using it twice a day since April and most of my scarring is GONE! They're just slight imperfections now, but nowhere as bad as they used to be. Also, going to a spa and getting microdermabrasion or a chemical peel once a week most likely will really help as those are two things that help with sunspots.

As for self tanning, what products have you tried out and what didn't you like about them?​ I have tried a lot of sunless tanning stuff and might be able to help you out by recommending a few of my favorites! :)

Thank you for the replies and info. I've never had chemical peels or anything like that...forgot to mention I'm a male. I googled skin care forums and this seemed like easily the best place to ask my question because of the knowledgeable people here.

Is an Alpha Betahydroxy serum something that I could apply to multiple spots on my face without anything weird happening? Like it doesn't lighten the skin around my little dots, does it? Just the dark spot? I don't want to use it for weeks and have it do something bizarre to my face lol.

It sounds like it would be good because I could rub it in to about 10-15 little dots on my face without anyone knowing there's cream on my face. So that would just gradually fade away? That sounds great.

And sunscreen is the only way to avoid future spots?

I had a similar freckle problem, especially over my nose. I have been using dark spot treatment serums (Vichy ProEven daily dark spot corrector, Lancome Bright Expert Dark Spot Corrector, or Skinceuticals Advanced Pigment Corrector) under my moisturizer both AM and PM for the past 2 years. Also I always apply sunscreen (minimum SPF25) during the day, all year long. My freckles are all gone now. I also regularly use microdermabrasion creams.
You can try exfoliating your skin often and using dark spot treatments to get rid of sun spots before looking into chemical peels as they can be a bit harsh on your skin.

If you only have sun spots, it is possible to get rid of them, I got rid of mine but it took maybe a little longer than a year.

In the Mornings I used Vit-C serum straight after clansing (no toner), wait 15-20min a follow regular routine (toner, serum, moisturizer spf).

In the evenings. after cleansing I used BHA toner, wait 15-20min. Followed by Clarins gentle exfoliating toner (aha), wait another 15-20min. Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Night Oil, wait 30min and follow regular routine (hydrating toner in a spritz, serum, moisturizer, etc).

It seems a bit long and it is but it worked :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> You can use some K-beauty lightening serums as well but they will not help with pigmentation they will just help to maitain your skin clear and bright.

I hope it helps.

The Glow Hunter

My age spot is slowly disappearing. I have been using Monsia Skincare since Dec 2014 and I think it is the hyaluronic acid in the toner, and day & night moisturizers that is slowly but surely fading my age spot. You mentioned moles - I don't think hyaluronic acid will get rid of these. Have you had them checked by a dermatologist?

I am using Mederma skin care for scars. It also improves the color texture and the overall appearance of your old or new scars.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back