The Box (Formerly Decoterie)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Decoterie sent out an email last night that there will be a new monthly box with a new name (possibly The Box but possibly also not The Box...I'll update the thread title once we know more).  It will be monthly instead of quarterly, and at a more affordable $100 price point.  The team will do live televised unboxing videos, which is kind of cool, and have a separate newsletter for subscribers vs. fans, which is less cool (unless you are a subscriber, in which case it's probably cool).  They also have themed pop-up shops "in a city near you" and customer personalized boxes in the works. 

I think the rebranding is a pretty smart move, as was the new customer of the month and thanking people for both positive and negative comments.  Sounds like Letitia and crew are ready to put Decoterie behind them and learn from past mistakes.  I'm excited for them but I'll probably sit this one out until after the first box or two.  How about you?  Anyone subscribing?

I got this same email last night or yesterday about how it was changing to "the box".  I still have a problem with them calling people out in their rant over the first insane box and then sending what looked to be drunken emails washing their laundry out to everyone.  Maybe if they offer a smaller price point box like Luxor Box does, I might would give it a try before I bite for a 100.00 box.  Hmmm, I will have to wait and see.

I think it's a very smart move. The rebranding is necessary I think, in order to get over the weird feelings associated with the Decoterie name. I'm sure it wasn't easy to make that decision but it was a good one.

The price point is still pretty high and I think diehard subscription box fans might find it difficult not to compare whatever is in the box to a Popsugar LE. When any box hits that $100 or more price point, it's hard not to do that.

I agree with @@jenny1973, offering a "petite" version like Luxor Box does is a really good idea. Then the box becomes available to a lot  more people and if brands are looking to get their name out, that's a good thing.

With this box  (and I hope it sticks with Home items as the main ingredient), I think most people are going to be looking for quality. From what I can tell, it wasn't the types of items that caused disappointment but the quality of them.

I think the owner has a good eye for curation but maybe bit off a little more than she could chew the first time around. Being featured on MSA can do that to a small business. I think the second/last Decoterie box is shaping up to be pretty nice. I'll be interested to see what's inside, thats for sure.

People on MSA are talking about not getting their holiday box.  Does this box exist anymore?  Anyone hear anything? 

I understood that subscribers were being moved to a monthly box. I've not received one since the Fall box nor can I get a reply from them. Anyone heard any news?

I understood that subscribers were being moved to a monthly box. I've not received one since the Fall box nor can I get a reply from them. Anyone heard any news?
People on MSA are filing with their credit card agency.  A lot of people have not had replies.  Tell them you aren't getting what you agreed upon. Tell them it was prepaid subscription therefore the services were not complete and the product not delivered. They should considered it an active charge since the services were not complete. She refunded some people after being asked in Dec.

Latest posts

Back