-->

Welcome Guest to MakeupTalk

Welcome to MakeupTalk, one of the largest beauty communities online! Love makeup and beauty products as much as we do? Do you look forward to getting your beauty subscription boxes every month? Sign up or sign in to join in on the conversations and share your love for makeup, beauty and subscription boxes with others. By signing up or signing in you get access to the features listed below. Signing up is FREE and requires minimal information. We look forward to seeing you on the forums and having you part of our community! Thanks for stopping by!
  • Start new topics and reply to others in our MakeupTalk Forums
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get notification & email updates
  • Get your personal profile page and make new friends in our Community
  • Submit your reviews about Makeup Products and get feedback from other users
  • Send personal messages to other members

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

Latest Posts

Sponsors

Become a Forum Sponsor!

Photo

Glossybox LE Holiday 2015 Box

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#Post 21 of 111 OFFLINE   nicolispicoli

nicolispicoli

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Joined 14-September 12
Reviews

Posted 02 November 2015 - 12:27 PM

I was able to add the gilt city voucher (the limited box plus one month deal) to my existing sub that I just re-stared a week ago. I wonder how that extra (non-limited edition) box gets added to your account. I can see the holiday box details, but nothing about the other box, I wonder if that means I'll get two November boxes, I sure hope not as it's not very exciting.  

#Post 22 of 111 OFFLINE   LoveSkinCare

LoveSkinCare

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts
  • Joined 26-August 14
Reviews

Posted 02 November 2015 - 01:27 PM

Sorry if this is a dumb question but how do these vouchers work? I currently have a month to month sub but would like to get in on this deal. Do I have to cancel my current month to month and then subscribe to a year sub and enter the voucher at checkout?

#Post 23 of 111 OFFLINE   KrissyMichelle

KrissyMichelle

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Joined 03-May 15
Reviews

Posted 02 November 2015 - 02:50 PM

Sorry if this is a dumb question but how do these vouchers work? I currently have a month to month sub but would like to get in on this deal. Do I have to cancel my current month to month and then subscribe to a year sub and enter the voucher at checkout?

The website you order the deal from will send you an email to walk you through using the voucher. It looks like there's a link you follow to redeem it. 

• Reija and LoveSkinCare like this

#Post 24 of 111 OFFLINE   nicolispicoli

nicolispicoli

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Joined 14-September 12
Reviews

Posted 02 November 2015 - 03:06 PM

I read some month to month users on MSA cancelling and then applying the voucher, but since they didn't restrict it to new customers only seems they could just apply it to current subs and credit the account so you stop paying monthly until after the time is up for the voucher.

I purchased the holiday box plus one month, but in order to ensure I receive a holiday box, I have to basically get two November boxes since I currently have a sub. I can't cancel and then apply the code because I'm on a discounted plan and will lose that discount if I cancel and re-sub.

• Reija and LoveSkinCare like this

#Post 25 of 111 OFFLINE   LoveSkinCare

LoveSkinCare

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts
  • Joined 26-August 14
Reviews

Posted 02 November 2015 - 04:35 PM

Thank you both for the explanations. It makes more sense now. It's such a good deal to pass up

#Post 26 of 111 OFFLINE   MET

MET

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • Joined 24-May 14
Reviews

Posted 02 November 2015 - 04:57 PM

Wow that Gilt City deal just caused me some serious pain!  I purchased 5 of the LE + 1 month boxes and two of the 12-month deals all as Christmas presents.  Now I have to figure out when to start these since I don't want to give a voucher but rather start the subs for them.  This will be tricky...

• Reija, beachbaby30 and LoveSkinCare like this

#Post 27 of 111 OFFLINE   Saffyra

Saffyra

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts
  • Joined 09-February 14
Reviews

Posted 02 November 2015 - 06:02 PM

I tried to get month plus LE deal and for some reason I got an email back about a half an hour later saying my payment didn't go through. I have a sneaking suspicion it sold out at the same time I was trying to buy it. I'm going to be so bummed about that.

I just reupped my sub using a code that gives me the boxes for $12.50 for life but that one year thing would probably have been better for me. Hm.

#Post 28 of 111 OFFLINE   Stella A

Stella A

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
  • Joined 01-December 14
Reviews

Posted 02 November 2015 - 07:24 PM

@Saffyra  Did you try paying with paypal by chance? If so, their site has been having major issues with paypal payments not going through. I also got an email saying that my payment was delayed on my order and to contact customer service. Long story short, just log onto Gilt.com using the same login info as on Giltcity.com, add a credit card as your default payment method, then click on the process payment button. Hope this helps...

Edited by Stella A, 02 November 2015 - 07:27 PM.

• Saffyra likes this

#Post 29 of 111 OFFLINE   linda37027

linda37027

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Joined 10-May 13
Reviews

Posted 03 November 2015 - 05:54 AM

@Saffyra  Did you try paying with paypal by chance? If so, their site has been having major issues with paypal payments not going through. I also got an email saying that my payment was delayed on my order and to contact customer service. Long story short, just log onto Gilt.com using the same login info as on Giltcity.com, add a credit card as your default payment method, then click on the process payment button. Hope this helps...

Thank you. I was having this issue too and got it to go through following your instructions.

• Stella A likes this

#Post 30 of 111 OFFLINE   MissKris17

MissKris17

Enthusiast

• Super Moderators
  • 958 posts
  • Joined 05-November 13
Reviews

Posted 03 November 2015 - 06:02 AM

Spoiler on MSA

Attached Thumbnails

• LE 2015.PNG

• Reija and Shauna999 like this

#Post 31 of 111 OFFLINE   MissKris17

MissKris17

Enthusiast

• Super Moderators
  • 958 posts
  • Joined 05-November 13
Reviews

Posted 03 November 2015 - 07:04 AM

Aarghh! Forgot to us the Spoiler thing - Sorry!!

#Post 32 of 111 OFFLINE   Saffyra

Saffyra

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts
  • Joined 09-February 14
Reviews

Posted 03 November 2015 - 09:36 AM

@Stella A Thank you!!! I had used Paypal but I did exactly as you said and it looks like worked this time around and I don't get another email about it. :D I had emailed them but no response so hopefully this fixed it. After seeing the spoiler, I knew I really would have been disappointed not to get it.

Edit: it worked!! i have my voucher now! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Edited by Saffyra, 03 November 2015 - 09:47 AM.

• Stella A likes this

#Post 33 of 111 OFFLINE   KrissyMichelle

KrissyMichelle

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Joined 03-May 15
Reviews

Posted 03 November 2015 - 12:18 PM

I got the year long sub from Gilt City and just decided to start it this month because otherwise, I'd forget about it and have wasted the money, and my box is already in pack mode. That's super quick for me. 

• Reija, Saffyra and LabiosRojos like this

#Post 34 of 111 OFFLINE   girlnamedpete

girlnamedpete

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Joined 01-April 14
Reviews

Posted 03 November 2015 - 01:10 PM

Reminder to anyone using the Gilt City deal that you can also get a rebate if you use Mrrebates to log into Gilt City.  I got an add'l $5.25 back, making the grand total for a year sub $99.75 ($8.31 a month)!!!

• Reija, beachbaby30 and Jay.Aitch.Gee like this

#Post 35 of 111 OFFLINE   KrissyMichelle

KrissyMichelle

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Joined 03-May 15
Reviews

Posted 04 November 2015 - 10:28 AM

For anyone that has received a Limited Edition box before, do they do a quiz and glossydots for those as well?

#Post 36 of 111 OFFLINE   Soma

Soma

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Joined 29-June 15
Reviews

Posted 04 November 2015 - 04:37 PM

Any Idea on more Spoilers for LE Holiday Box?

#Post 37 of 111 OFFLINE   JuliaS

JuliaS

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Joined 24-December 12
Reviews

Posted 06 November 2015 - 08:39 PM

I was just looking through my US Weekly magazine and they have a picture of the LE box. It's the same picture showing the Aerin and Nuxe, but there is a spoiler. It says there are five treats from high-end lines, Aerin, Nuxe, La Praire and Tom Ford. They only listed four in the caption. It sounds like a good box, I'm excited!
  • Reija, Cupcakes, nicolispicoli and 4 others like this

#Post 38 of 111 OFFLINE   Bizgirlva

Bizgirlva

Aficionado

• Super Moderators
  • 4,276 posts
  • Joined 13-November 12
Reviews

Posted 07 November 2015 - 06:23 PM

I was just looking through my US Weekly magazine and they have a picture of the LE box. It's the same picture showing the Aerin and Nuxe, but there is a spoiler. It says there are five treats from high-end lines, Aerin, Nuxe, La Praire and Tom Ford. They only listed four in the caption. It sounds like a good box, I'm excited!

What page what issue?? I want to go look!

#Post 39 of 111 OFFLINE   Bizgirlva

Bizgirlva

Aficionado

• Super Moderators
  • 4,276 posts
  • Joined 13-November 12
Reviews

Posted 07 November 2015 - 06:51 PM

Never mind I found it
image.jpeg
  • Reija and Soma like this

#Post 40 of 111 OFFLINE   MeganR44

MeganR44

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Joined 25-September 14
Reviews

Posted 10 November 2015 - 08:58 AM

I used the voucher for the one month plus limited edition holiday box and it's out for delivery today!!

• 2,323,899 Posts
  • 109,782 Members
  • 18,578 Reviews
  • 54,003 Albums