-->

Welcome Guest to MakeupTalk

Welcome to MakeupTalk, one of the largest beauty communities online! Love makeup and beauty products as much as we do? Do you look forward to getting your beauty subscription boxes every month? Sign up or sign in to join in on the conversations and share your love for makeup, beauty and subscription boxes with others. By signing up or signing in you get access to the features listed below. Signing up is FREE and requires minimal information. We look forward to seeing you on the forums and having you part of our community! Thanks for stopping by!
  • Start new topics and reply to others in our MakeupTalk Forums
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get notification & email updates
  • Get your personal profile page and make new friends in our Community
  • Submit your reviews about Makeup Products and get feedback from other users
  • Send personal messages to other members

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

Latest Posts

Sponsors

Become a Forum Sponsor!

Photo

Glossybox November 2015 *SPOILERS*

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 57 OFFLINE   lauradiniwilk

lauradiniwilk

Aficionado

• Super Moderators
  • 1,524 posts
  • Joined 03-April 12
Reviews

Posted 27 October 2015 - 06:56 AM

Time to start a November thread! October was good to me, I'm cautiously optimistic for November :)

Edited by lauradiniwilk, 27 October 2015 - 06:57 AM.

• Reija, Shauna999, MissKris17 and 2 others like this

#Post 2 of 57 OFFLINE   Jay.Aitch.Gee

Jay.Aitch.Gee

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Joined 24-October 14
Reviews

Posted 27 October 2015 - 12:23 PM

Time to start a November thread! October was good to me, I'm cautiously optimistic for November :)

I know the internet is inundated with subscription box review blogs, but I think if I ever started one I might call it "Cautiously Optimistic..."

It seems to capture my whole experience with sub-box culture thus far  ;)

• Reija, lauradiniwilk, Shauna999 and 2 others like this

"Busy, busy, busy" - what a Bokononist whispers whenever he thinks about how complicated and unpredictable the machinery of life really is.

#Post 3 of 57 OFFLINE   Jay.Aitch.Gee

Jay.Aitch.Gee

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Joined 24-October 14
Reviews

Posted 01 November 2015 - 07:55 AM

Spoilers for the November box!

http://www.ramblings...ew-coupon-code/
  • Reija likes this

"Busy, busy, busy" - what a Bokononist whispers whenever he thinks about how complicated and unpredictable the machinery of life really is.

#Post 4 of 57 OFFLINE   Jay.Aitch.Gee

Jay.Aitch.Gee

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Joined 24-October 14
Reviews

Posted 01 November 2015 - 07:58 AM

I really love the hand cream that's in there, and I'm always willing to try a new sheet mask, but otherwise I'm feeling pretty meh about this box.

#Post 5 of 57 OFFLINE   sakura33

sakura33

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Joined 20-August 15
Reviews

Posted 01 November 2015 - 09:24 AM

Who knows what will be in mine since mine tends to vary quite a bit (for better or worse) from the reviewer boxes- but this box is pretty meh (although some will be used eventually). Fitting for my last box (besides the LE holiday since I couldn't help myself lol)
  • MissKris17 likes this

#Post 6 of 57 OFFLINE   Lindahusker

Lindahusker

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Joined 18-May 15
Reviews

Posted 01 November 2015 - 11:08 AM

I have one more rue la la deal, not using it for this one, hope Decembers is better!!

#Post 7 of 57 ONLINE   Stella A

Stella A

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Joined 01-December 14
Reviews

Posted 01 November 2015 - 01:33 PM

I feel pretty meh about this box. Have not been really excited with the last few glossyboxes (with the exception of the October box) and I am definitely not a fan of box variations so I just went ahead and cancelled my sub. I was tempted on getting the 6-month Rue la la deal but I'm going to pass on that for now until the boxes improve enough to tempt me again into resubbing...

Edited by Stella A, 01 November 2015 - 01:39 PM.

#Post 8 of 57 OFFLINE   littlemissnurse

littlemissnurse

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • Joined 16-October 14
Reviews

Posted 01 November 2015 - 05:44 PM

This box is also really meh to me. My subscription ends with November and I'm confident that I will be canceling. Glossybox used to be my favorite sub hands down, but it seems like ever since they started having box variations that my boxes have been more and more lackluster.

• Jay.Aitch.Gee likes this

#Post 9 of 57 OFFLINE   MissKris17

MissKris17

Enthusiast

• Super Moderators
  • 958 posts
  • Joined 05-November 13
Reviews

Posted 02 November 2015 - 05:56 AM

This box is free for me since I used my points. It's not an exciting box, but all items will be used assuming the lip pencil isn't too dark.

#Post 10 of 57 OFFLINE   Reija

Reija

MuT Mom

• Administrators
  • 9,503 posts
  • Joined 27-September 03
Reviews

Posted 02 November 2015 - 06:28 AM

I would have loved have gotten the EL moisturizer sample but otherwise I'm glad I cancelled. The main reason I cancelled was to cut back on boxes but I ended up picking Popsugar back up so not really making progress. I did purchase the holiday box though so I'm interested in seeing how that is going to be. Glossybox has been hit and miss for me and I've subbed and unsubbed so many times.

• Jay.Aitch.Gee and Lindahusker like this

MakeupTalk Admin :)
Like us on Facebook - Twitter - Pinterest - Instagram
I also make Handmade jewelry

#Post 11 of 57 OFFLINE   Queennie

Queennie

Enthusiast

• Super Moderators
  • 887 posts
  • Joined 19-January 14
Reviews

Posted 03 November 2015 - 03:20 PM

Looks like an OK box for me.

One thing though I will say, this is probably just me, but every time I see an Estee Lauder, Lancome, or sometimes even Clinque product that looks like that, all I can think is "GWP"!

• MET and Jay.Aitch.Gee like this

#Post 12 of 57 OFFLINE   dash4

dash4

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Joined 29-April 14
Reviews

Posted 03 November 2015 - 03:21 PM

I cancelled but resubbed.. after seeing the giltcity deal on MSA..

You get 12 months for $150 on giltcity , but there is a coupon code for 30% off newbies to the site.. So I ended up getting 12 months for $105... but also, Top Cash Back is offering 15% for "new customers" of gilt city.. so if that works out.. it will be $89.25 for 12 months... basically $7.50 per month.. I could not pass that up!!  

I have never used giltcity - they claim they will send me my voucher within the next few hours... so we'll see.

Edited by dash4, 03 November 2015 - 04:18 PM.

#Post 13 of 57 OFFLINE   nicolispicoli

nicolispicoli

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Joined 14-September 12
Reviews

Posted 03 November 2015 - 04:27 PM

You get 12 months for $150 on giltcity , but there is a coupon code for 30% off newbies to the site.. So I ended up getting 12 months for $105... but also, Top Cash Back is offering 15% for "new customers" of gilt city.. so if that works out.. it will be $89.25 for 12 months... basically $7.50 per month.. I could not pass that up!!  

I have never used giltcity - they claim they will send me my voucher within the next few hours... so we'll see.

If your voucher doesn't show up, check your spam folder. Though my receipt came to my regular inbox, for some reason the voucher was sent to spam. I didn't notice until after I went to their website and just opened it from the "My Account" page.

#Post 14 of 57 OFFLINE   dash4

dash4

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Joined 29-April 14
Reviews

Posted 03 November 2015 - 05:26 PM

If your voucher doesn't show up, check your spam folder. Though my receipt came to my regular inbox, for some reason the voucher was sent to spam. I didn't notice until after I went to their website and just opened it from the "My Account" page.

I just got it!  Thanks.. That is way too good of a deal to pass up.  

#Post 15 of 57 OFFLINE   KDramasinPajamas

KDramasinPajamas

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Joined 02-February 15
Reviews

Posted 03 November 2015 - 05:29 PM

I noticed this Glossybox instagram post yesterday: "in all of our November boxes each of our subscribers will receive@marskcosmetics shimmery gold powder!"   I wouldn't mind getting everything that came in ROASM's box. I love love love masks and am always happy to get anti-aging lotions/creams/serums. I would use everything in that box.  

I know I usually get a different box than MSA, not sure how different mine is from ROASM. 

• Reija, Queennie and Jay.Aitch.Gee like this

#Post 16 of 57 OFFLINE   sakura33

sakura33

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Joined 20-August 15
Reviews

Posted 04 November 2015 - 09:14 AM

I just got my tracking- which is shocking because my boxes usually ship really late

• KDramasinPajamas likes this

#Post 17 of 57 OFFLINE   KDramasinPajamas

KDramasinPajamas

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Joined 02-February 15
Reviews

Posted 04 November 2015 - 09:35 AM

I just got my tracking- which is shocking because my boxes usually ship really late

I had to double check which thread I was in when I read the words tracking. lol. This is very early for Glossybox. Did you use glossydots for it? Someone on MSA posted that they usually get their box early when they redeem glossydots for it. 

#Post 18 of 57 OFFLINE   Bizgirlva

Bizgirlva

Aficionado

• Super Moderators
  • 4,194 posts
  • Joined 13-November 12
Reviews

Posted 04 November 2015 - 09:37 AM

I just got my shipping for Glossy too! whoa now Glossy way to be on your game this month.

#Post 19 of 57 OFFLINE   KDramasinPajamas

KDramasinPajamas

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Joined 02-February 15
Reviews

Posted 04 November 2015 - 09:58 AM

I am always happy with my Glossybox. I got a year sub in September, paying almost twice what you are paying per month of course. Sigh. The only thing keeping me from subbing to a second box is that next year after glossydots I will not have to sub again til November. I am definitely going to wait for a deal as good as this next year. 

#Post 20 of 57 OFFLINE   sakura33

sakura33

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Joined 20-August 15
Reviews

Posted 04 November 2015 - 10:01 AM

I didn't use Glossydots, but maybe since it is my last box (I cancelled) they are trying to sway me back with better shipping? LOL I don't know...

• KDramasinPajamas likes this

• 2,323,316 Posts
  • 109,584 Members
  • 18,571 Reviews
  • 54,002 Albums