-->

Welcome Guest to MakeupTalk

Welcome to MakeupTalk, one of the largest beauty communities online! Love makeup and beauty products as much as we do? Do you look forward to getting your beauty subscription boxes every month? Sign up or sign in to join in on the conversations and share your love for makeup, beauty and subscription boxes with others. By signing up or signing in you get access to the features listed below. Signing up is FREE and requires minimal information. We look forward to seeing you on the forums and having you part of our community! Thanks for stopping by!
  • Start new topics and reply to others in our MakeupTalk Forums
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get notification & email updates
  • Get your personal profile page and make new friends in our Community
  • Submit your reviews about Makeup Products and get feedback from other users
  • Send personal messages to other members

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

Latest Posts

Sponsors

Become a Forum Sponsor!

Photo

Glossybox December 2015 *Spoilers*

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#Post 41 of 92 OFFLINE   Emmny

Emmny

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Joined 04-November 13
Reviews

Posted 11 December 2015 - 08:07 PM

I got the same response as Lindahusker:

"There was an error in our system. You ARE going to receive your December box at no additional charge within (2) weeks. We apologize for the error."

I'm glad they are sending the December box free of charge, but I wish they had reached out in advance regarding this issue, though (since it appears to be widespread). It would have been much nicer to have received a similar e-mail notice in advance, instead of having to contact CS and wait days for a resolution.

• Reija and Lindahusker like this

#Post 42 of 92 OFFLINE   KDramasinPajamas

KDramasinPajamas

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Joined 02-February 15
Reviews

Posted 12 December 2015 - 07:30 AM

My Glossybox is here and I got 2 variations. 

The things I got that were the same as reviewer's boxes so far are: The nail polish in the color Feverish. The MTJ mascara, and the Aubergine eye shadow.

Generally speaking, I do not care for red nail polish, but I really like this deep dark shade of red. I am very sensitive to certain nail polish fumes. Not sure if this one will make the cut yet. I plan to add the mascara to a Christmas gift and it made it here just in time! I haven't swatched the eye shadow yet, but I think it is a good color for me.  

The things I got in place of the sugar scrub and the lipstick are: EMK Beverly Hills Supra Face Cream .33 oz and LashFood Conditioning Lash Primer .13oz.

The EMK Supra Face Cream is really small but since the full size is $142, it's RV is $28.40. I love getting expensive lotions and creams, so I am pretty happy with that.  I like to use the lash primer without mascara. My lashes are very dark and thick but they are also coarse and straight, so the conditioning lash primer  helps me soften my lashes before I curl them. I would have to say lash conditioner is my favorite discovery since getting sub boxes. I am really happy to get another one

Edited by KDramasinPajamas, 12 December 2015 - 07:34 AM.

• Reija, Queennie and Lindahusker like this

#Post 43 of 92 OFFLINE   linda37027

linda37027

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Joined 10-May 13
Reviews

Posted 12 December 2015 - 04:57 PM

I got my box today same variations as above. Glossybox has really stepped up their shipping. I got this before Ipsy or Birchbox. 

• Reija and KDramasinPajamas like this

#Post 44 of 92 OFFLINE   MissKris17

MissKris17

Enthusiast

• Super Moderators
  • 958 posts
  • Joined 05-November 13
Reviews

Posted 13 December 2015 - 09:45 AM

Mine hasn't shipped yet.

• Queennie likes this

#Post 45 of 92 OFFLINE   Queennie

Queennie

Enthusiast

• Super Moderators
  • 894 posts
  • Joined 19-January 14
Reviews

Posted 13 December 2015 - 02:30 PM

Mine hasn't shipped yet.

Same, I'm a little bit worried now too

#Post 46 of 92 ONLINE   bliss10977

bliss10977

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Joined 10-May 13
Reviews

Posted 13 December 2015 - 04:07 PM

My Glossybox is here and I got 2 variations.
The things I got that were the same as reviewer's boxes so far are: The nail polish in the color Feverish. The MTJ mascara, and the Aubergine eye shadow.
Generally speaking, I do not care for red nail polish, but I really like this deep dark shade of red. I am very sensitive to certain nail polish fumes. Not sure if this one will make the cut yet. I plan to add the mascara to a Christmas gift and it made it here just in time! I haven't swatched the eye shadow yet, but I think it is a good color for me.
The things I got in place of the sugar scrub and the lipstick are: EMK Beverly Hills Supra Face Cream .33 oz and LashFood Conditioning Lash Primer .13oz.
The EMK Supra Face Cream is really small but since the full size is $142, it's RV is $28.40. I love getting expensive lotions and creams, so I am pretty happy with that. I like to use the lash primer without mascara. My lashes are very dark and thick but they are also coarse and straight, so the conditioning lash primer helps me soften my lashes before I curl them. I would have to say lash conditioner is my favorite discovery since getting sub boxes. I am really happy to get another one.

I got this variation too. The shadow is really pretty, I wasn't expecting to like it. I like that it's a light purply taupe. I expected it to be less neutral.
  • MissKris17 likes this

#Post 47 of 92 OFFLINE   Saiza

Saiza

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Joined 07-May 15
Reviews

Posted 14 December 2015 - 01:58 PM

I haven't received shipping notice yet either, last month I got it fairly early. I'm praying I get the scrub. 

• MissKris17 likes this

#Post 48 of 92 OFFLINE   MissKris17

MissKris17

Enthusiast

• Super Moderators
  • 958 posts
  • Joined 05-November 13
Reviews

Posted 14 December 2015 - 04:32 PM

@Saiza I really want the scrub too!

• Saiza likes this

#Post 49 of 92 OFFLINE   Bizgirlva

Bizgirlva

Aficionado

• Super Moderators
  • 4,303 posts
  • Joined 13-November 12
Reviews

Posted 15 December 2015 - 09:17 AM

I'm getting my box today. I saw someone on facebook got the hand cream, full size too valued at $18.

I'm curious about my variations. 

ETA: Color me underwhelmed. 

IMG_0372.JPG

I'm really sad I didn't get the hand cream or the scrub.  I won't use lash primer aka white mascara, this box is just so boring to me.

Edited by Bizgirlva, 15 December 2015 - 10:39 AM.

• Reija, Cupcakes and MoniqueMW like this

#Post 50 of 92 OFFLINE   lauradiniwilk

lauradiniwilk

Aficionado

• Super Moderators
  • 1,550 posts
  • Joined 03-April 12
Reviews

Posted 15 December 2015 - 11:26 AM

So, my very first month of Glossybox I got two boxes...the January box and some random one a couple of days later.  Thought it was a mistake but I didn't get a December box so I guess my 1 year sub is up.  I kind of wanted the eyeshadow but I don't really think I'll miss Glossybox at all. 

#Post 51 of 92 OFFLINE   MoniqueMW

MoniqueMW

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 02-December 15
Reviews

Posted 15 December 2015 - 01:36 PM

I'm getting my box today. I saw someone on facebook got the hand cream, full size too valued at $18.

I'm curious about my variations. 

ETA: Color me underwhelmed. 

attachicon.gifIMG_0372.JPG

I'm really sad I didn't get the hand cream or the scrub.  I won't use lash primer aka white mascara, this box is just so boring to me.

That facial cream looks super tiny, probably because it's so expensive. I'm hoping to get the hand cream. I don't mind getting the lash primer though. I'm using one from a previous box and I like it. 

• Reija likes this

#Post 52 of 92 OFFLINE   Bizgirlva

Bizgirlva

Aficionado

• Super Moderators
  • 4,303 posts
  • Joined 13-November 12
Reviews

Posted 15 December 2015 - 02:29 PM

That facial cream looks super tiny, probably because it's so expensive. I'm hoping to get the hand cream. I don't mind getting the lash primer though. I'm using one from a previous box and I like it. 

Yep .33 oz.  It's very expensive, so it better work miracles.  

• Reija and MissKris17 like this

#Post 53 of 92 OFFLINE   lauradiniwilk

lauradiniwilk

Aficionado

• Super Moderators
  • 1,550 posts
  • Joined 03-April 12
Reviews

Posted 15 December 2015 - 04:33 PM

A box randomly showed up after all...mascara, shadow, gold label lipstick in private jets, nail polish in feverish, coconut scrub. Should be my last one of I am remembering correctly that it started in January.
  • Reija likes this

#Post 54 of 92 OFFLINE   KDramasinPajamas

KDramasinPajamas

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Joined 02-February 15
Reviews

Posted 15 December 2015 - 06:34 PM

A box randomly showed up after all...mascara, shadow, gold label lipstick in private jets, nail polish in feverish, coconut scrub. Should be my last one of I am remembering correctly that it started in January.

did you already use up your glossydots? 

#Post 55 of 92 OFFLINE   MissKris17

MissKris17

Enthusiast

• Super Moderators
  • 958 posts
  • Joined 05-November 13
Reviews

Posted 15 December 2015 - 06:42 PM

Me too! Never got a shipping notice, the box just showed up today. I'm happy I got the scrub! I received the coconut variation. I know some people didn't want coconut in winter, but I live in southern California, so seasons... not really an issue. Maybe they do take location into consideration.

• Reija, lauradiniwilk and Jay.Aitch.Gee like this

#Post 56 of 92 OFFLINE   lauradiniwilk

lauradiniwilk

Aficionado

• Super Moderators
  • 1,550 posts
  • Joined 03-April 12
Reviews

Posted 16 December 2015 - 08:25 AM

did you already use up your glossydots? 

I can never get my act together in time to fill out the surveys, so I only have like 100 glossydots.  I was much more motivated to stay on top of reviews for Birchbox since that's real $$ instead of another meh glossybox. 

I guess that random "classic" box the first month was a mistake...when I log into my account it now says I have no active subscriptions.  Hopefully they don't flip me to month to month; I should probably give them a call just in case.  I am ready to be done with this one. 

#Post 57 of 92 OFFLINE   lauradiniwilk

lauradiniwilk

Aficionado

• Super Moderators
  • 1,550 posts
  • Joined 03-April 12
Reviews

Posted 16 December 2015 - 08:28 AM

Me too! Never got a shipping notice, the box just showed up today. I'm happy I got the scrub! I received the coconut variation. I know some people didn't want coconut in winter, but I live in southern California, so seasons... not really an issue. Maybe they do take location into consideration.

I live in Ohio and got the coconut scrub, but seeing as how it was almost 70 degrees the other day and there is no snow in sight, I am okay with the coconut...it will help me pretend that there is some sun to go along with the warmer weather instead of gray skies and rain. Maybe they should have sent me a hemp scrub, the official scent of Seattle ;)

• MissKris17 and Jay.Aitch.Gee like this

#Post 58 of 92 OFFLINE   MissKris17

MissKris17

Enthusiast

• Super Moderators
  • 958 posts
  • Joined 05-November 13
Reviews

Posted 16 December 2015 - 08:53 AM

I live in Ohio and got the coconut scrub, but seeing as how it was almost 70 degrees the other day and there is no snow in sight, I am okay with the coconut...it will help me pretend that there is some sun to go along with the warmer weather instead of gray skies and rain. Maybe they should have sent me a hemp scrub, the official scent of Seattle ;)

LOL.

I used the scrub this morning, the scent is very subtle.  I really love this scrub!! It leaves your skin moisturized, but not too oily. This is my favorite Glossybox item in a very long time.

• lauradiniwilk likes this

#Post 59 of 92 OFFLINE   Bizgirlva

Bizgirlva

Aficionado

• Super Moderators
  • 4,303 posts
  • Joined 13-November 12
Reviews

Posted 16 December 2015 - 09:15 AM

All this talk of the scrub makes me really sad I didn't get it. I'm scouring the swapping sources for it.

#Post 60 of 92 OFFLINE   sakura33

sakura33

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Joined 20-August 15
Reviews

Posted 16 December 2015 - 09:16 AM

My variations were the hand cream and a color protecting leave in conditioner. The eyeshadow is a lot prettier in person than in pictures, but not very pigmented. When I swatched it I could barely see it on my skin. I'll try it wet/with a primer.

• 2,324,097 Posts
  • 109,842 Members
  • 18,578 Reviews
  • 54,003 Albums