Has anyone else had problems with Clarisonic brush heads becoming discolored?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been using the Clarisonic Mia 3 for a couple of months now. I was originally using the sensitive brush head that the device came with until the white bristles of the brush head turned blue! It happened after one wash, it was not a gradual thing. I washed it well, but the blue color is still there and I am not sure what's causing it. Otherwise, the brush head still works fine.

I then purchased the radiance brush head because the sensitive brush head was still just a little too abrasive for my skin. The same thing happened to this one, too! I have never heard of this happening to anyone else. 

I only use the clarisonic with cetaphil cleanser. Could another product containing benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid be causing the discoloration? Is it some ingredient in my makeup? 

Has anyone else ever had this problem?

They change color from old use and need to be replaced every few months but I've not heard of it turning blue!  It may be another product or your makeup causing it.  I'm interested in knowing if others have had the same problem too or not.

Latest posts

Back