Kylie Jenner Lip Kits

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Kylie Jenner released her lip kits today and they sold out right away. Was anyone able to get any? Thoughts? Any interest on these? It says on their site that a new shipment will be coming in later.

http://lipkitbykylie.com/

kylie jenner lip sets.png

kylie jenner lips.png

$29 seems a bit too much for these. I wonder how the quality is. Were you able to get some?

$29 seems a bit too much for these. I wonder how the quality is. Were you able to get some?
no I wasn't able to get any. By the time I checked, they were all gone which I guess was a good thing. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20"> I just wonder how they compare quality wise. I like neutral colors so that was the only reason I was remote considering one of these kits. 

I was excited to get these but didn't end up buying them. I don't think any of the colors are very unique to be honest :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> although they do look nice. Liquid lipsticks are always a hit or miss in formulation so it's better to prob sit back and watch what people say about them first.

Meh, those sorts of colors look terrible on me. Plus the lips covered in brown goo kinda grosses me out.
I think the colors would look terrible on me too but I like to pretend otherwise. I end up buying lip colors because they look pretty in a tube but not so much on me. :lol:

Yeah I'm really not all about the Kylie lip trend, my lips can not handle matte!

I'm more of a sheer-red/coral wash of shiny color, kind of the opposite of all of this

If anyone got one of these though, I would love to hear a review about it!

Honestly, Kylie is a genius for cashing out on her recent lip trend exposure lol. The shades look nice, but the price tag seems a little steep to me. I'm interested to see how quick they go on sale again. I'll be on the lookout for some youtube reviews on this.

I heard she rebranded Colourpop matte lipsticks haha there are some great dupes from Colourpop Nikkietutorials tweeted about. I think I'll just grab those for $6 each instead of waiting for the lip kits to restock at $30. Plus I think the idea of including a lip pencil that is the exact same shade of the lipstick is weird. I feel like the point of a liquid matte lipstick is that you don't need a liner and you can get a pretty clean application with just the lipstick itself lol but I could be wrong.

I heard she rebranded Colourpop matte lipsticks haha there are some great dupes from Colourpop Nikkietutorials tweeted about. I think I'll just grab those for $6 each instead of waiting for the lip kits to restock at $30. Plus I think the idea of including a lip pencil that is the exact same shade of the lipstick is weird. I feel like the point of a liquid matte lipstick is that you don't need a liner and you can get a pretty clean application with just the lipstick itself lol but I could be wrong.
Thanks for sharing about the dupes. If anyone knows the dupes or that thread, I'd lI've the check out those dupes. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

i was thinking about getting these myself but then i saw the price tag and freaked out. liquid lipsticks have always been hit or miss with me when it comes to the formula and i'm not to keen on spending almost 30 dollars on a particular lipstick that's just came out.. i'm probably going to get the dupes in the meantime and see what people actually think of the set when more reviews pop up.

Since I didn't get a hold of these for the sake of curiosity, I ordered the Anastasia liquid lipstick instead. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20"> I've tried a few liquid lipsticks and they don't usually work for me but I'll see if Anastasia is different. Maybe when they restock the Jenner kits, I might consider ordering one but not sure yet.

Since I didn't get a hold of these for the sake of curiosity, I ordered the Anastasia liquid lipstick instead. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I've tried a few liquid lipsticks and they don't usually work for me but I'll see if Anastasia is different. Maybe when they restock the Jenner kits, I might consider ordering one but not sure yet.
Yes! That's how I feel. Let us know how you like the ABH lipsticks because the consensus has been pretty divided. My lips get very dry so I need a liquid lipstick that won't crumble on me, so I've only been able to depend on Lime Crime, Kat von D, and Stila. I've tried less expensive ones but they never work out

I have a friend who purchased and here were her words/reviews: 

"Kinda overpriced for this lip kit. Not too into the quality, or should I say, lack of quality of this product. I think Kylie just put her name on a product. MAC lip products are 10 times better and have exceptional quality for the price you pay!"  

There you have it, looks like its not worth the price or quality. 

Agreeing with @@hidingfrommondays I heard that the colors are the exact same as some ColourPop liquid lipsticks. I do not know if it is the same formula, but for the price difference I think ColourPop is the way to go. And with the lip liner being the same shade, what is the point of that? Liquid lipsticks should not need a lip liner, let alone one of the same shade

It looks like a new collection might be released tomorrow based on IG posts. Just wanted to pass on the info to anyone who is interested.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Latest posts

Back