-->

Welcome Guest to MakeupTalk

Welcome to MakeupTalk, one of the largest beauty communities online! Love makeup and beauty products as much as we do? Do you look forward to getting your beauty subscription boxes every month? Sign up or sign in to join in on the conversations and share your love for makeup, beauty and subscription boxes with others. By signing up or signing in you get access to the features listed below. Signing up is FREE and requires minimal information. We look forward to seeing you on the forums and having you part of our community! Thanks for stopping by!
  • Start new topics and reply to others in our MakeupTalk Forums
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get notification & email updates
  • Get your personal profile page and make new friends in our Community
  • Submit your reviews about Makeup Products and get feedback from other users
  • Send personal messages to other members

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

Latest Posts

Sponsors

Become a Forum Sponsor!

Photo

Glossybox January 2016 *Spoilers*

Glossybox Beauty Subscriptions SPOILERS

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#Post 61 of 75 OFFLINE   inimitable_d

inimitable_d

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Joined 21-June 15
Reviews

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:09 AM

I just got my box today.  I don't think the primer is full size - it seems to be about 0.5 oz.  I'm curious to try it, but I don't like that we were led to believe we were receiving the full size.

My favorite item is the hair clarifying treatment, even though I know it's the least expensive by far.  I've been looking for a new clarifier, so I'm excited to try this one.

The two creams are useful, but kind of boring since we get so many in subscription boxes.  Also, I thought it was weird to receive two in the same box.

The lip crayon isn't drying so that's awesome, but it's not opaque enough for me.

• Reija, MissKris17 and MET like this

#Post 62 of 75 OFFLINE   Bizgirlva

Bizgirlva

Aficionado

• Super Moderators
  • 4,276 posts
  • Joined 13-November 12
Reviews

Posted 15 January 2016 - 10:11 AM

My box arrived today, I got the Venitian Grove hand cream, it's very fragrant. I would have loved a lemon or vanilla scented one. I think I'll try to find them on the swaps.

• Reija likes this

#Post 63 of 75 OFFLINE   MissKris17

MissKris17

Enthusiast

• Super Moderators
  • 958 posts
  • Joined 05-November 13
Reviews

Posted 17 January 2016 - 07:41 AM

Today is my birthday and I got an email from Glossybox saying they were giving me 500 Glossydots. I don't remember them doing that before. Has anyone else received Glossydots on their birthday?

• Reija, MET, avaisdancing and 2 others like this

#Post 64 of 75 OFFLINE   Reija

Reija

MuT Mom

• Administrators
  • 9,618 posts
  • Joined 27-September 03
Reviews

Posted 17 January 2016 - 07:59 AM

Happy Birthday @MissKris17!!! How cool! I don't remember them offering that either.

MakeupTalk Admin :)
Like us on Facebook - Twitter - Pinterest - Instagram
I also make handmade jewelry and I'm obsessed with natural beauty products and essential oils.

#Post 65 of 75 OFFLINE   LoveSkinCare

LoveSkinCare

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts
  • Joined 26-August 14
Reviews

Posted 17 January 2016 - 08:03 AM

Today is my birthday and I got an email from Glossybox saying they were giving me 500 Glossydots. I don't remember them doing that before. Has anyone else received Glossydots on their birthday?

Happy birthday. Yes I got an email in July saying I would get the points, I didn't get them until December, LOL. I guess they realized they forgot.
  • Reija likes this

#Post 66 of 75 OFFLINE   Bizgirlva

Bizgirlva

Aficionado

• Super Moderators
  • 4,276 posts
  • Joined 13-November 12
Reviews

Posted 17 January 2016 - 08:07 AM

I also got 500 dots in June for my bday.

Happy bday!
  • Reija likes this

#Post 67 of 75 OFFLINE   Jay.Aitch.Gee

Jay.Aitch.Gee

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Joined 24-October 14
Reviews

Posted 17 January 2016 - 10:07 AM

Happy birthday! Yes, I got 500 dots in November. I was a bit surprised, and looked at my points history, and in November 2014 I had received 100 points for my birthday. Guess they decided to step it up!
  • Reija likes this

"Busy, busy, busy" - what a Bokononist whispers whenever he thinks about how complicated and unpredictable the machinery of life really is.

#Post 68 of 75 OFFLINE   KDramasinPajamas

KDramasinPajamas

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Joined 02-February 15
Reviews

Posted 17 January 2016 - 12:17 PM

Happy Birthday. I got 100 glossydots on my birthday at the beginning of October. I was expecting them. I don't think I got an email notification, it just noted that they were given for my birthday on the glossydots page. That was about a week before I paid for a year sub, so I was a month to month subscriber. I had only been subbing since April, so for 6 months at that time. I do not know how they calculate but I knew around the time I got the 100 I knew others got 500 for their birthday who had been subbing longer. Not sure if they were on year subs or not, but probably. 

#Post 69 of 75 OFFLINE   MissKris17

MissKris17

Enthusiast

• Super Moderators
  • 958 posts
  • Joined 05-November 13
Reviews

Posted 18 January 2016 - 07:34 AM

Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes!!

It makes sense that a newer subscriber would get 100 and someone that's been around longer would get 500. I've been a month to month subscriber for about two years. It's pretty cool since I had just shy of 1000 points before this, so this will get me a free box and a nice head start on another freebie. 

• Reija and Jay.Aitch.Gee like this

#Post 70 of 75 OFFLINE   girlnamedpete

girlnamedpete

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Joined 01-April 14
Reviews

Posted 19 January 2016 - 08:58 AM

I am hoping I don't get aced out on this box.  I got ship conf on 1/7 w/ a due date of 1/15.  My boxes are always a couple of days ahead of the due dates.  Well. per USPS my box has not moved sinve 1/7 and Newgistics says there's "an error locating the tracking number".  I messaged them via FB and I am hoping they can remedy this before they sell out. I was actually fairly excited for this box this month so I hope it gets worked out or it's on my porch when I get home.  1st world problems.

• Reija and Shauna999 like this

#Post 71 of 75 OFFLINE   Jay.Aitch.Gee

Jay.Aitch.Gee

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Joined 24-October 14
Reviews

Posted 19 January 2016 - 11:16 AM

I am hoping I don't get aced out on this box. I got ship conf on 1/7 w/ a due date of 1/15. My boxes are always a couple of days ahead of the due dates. Well. per USPS my box has not moved sinve 1/7 and Newgistics says there's "an error locating the tracking number". I messaged them via FB and I am hoping they can remedy this before they sell out. I was actually fairly excited for this box this month so I hope it gets worked out or it's on my porch when I get home. 1st world problems.

My fingers are crossed!
  • Reija, Shauna999 and girlnamedpete like this

"Busy, busy, busy" - what a Bokononist whispers whenever he thinks about how complicated and unpredictable the machinery of life really is.

#Post 72 of 75 OFFLINE   avaisdancing

avaisdancing

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Joined 04-September 14
Reviews

Posted 20 January 2016 - 01:54 PM

I got 200 points for my Bday in october, and my mother also received 200 points in December. We haven't been with Glossybox for long so maybe that's why we 'only' received 200? Either way, won't complain!

• Reija and MissKris17 like this

#Post 73 of 75 OFFLINE   girlnamedpete

girlnamedpete

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Joined 01-April 14
Reviews

Posted 21 January 2016 - 10:02 AM

My fingers are crossed!

Thanks.  I heard back from them and they are checking in to what's going on with the PO.  I asked them to PLEASE make sure I get this box one way or another because it's one I think I'll actually use.  They said it would take a few days to get back to me and, therefore, there lies my concern.  I have about 4000 points.  Maybe I'll just order another one with points just to make sure I get one.

• Reija and Jay.Aitch.Gee like this

#Post 74 of 75 OFFLINE   girlnamedpete

girlnamedpete

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Joined 01-April 14
Reviews

Posted 27 January 2016 - 03:21 PM

Still no resolution.  I initially contacted them 8 days ago and have followed up about 3 times.  They are still "looking into it".  It has been off the tracking radar for a full 21 days now. I am now annoyed because I am fairly certain I will NOT get this box.  Why can't they just send a new one??

ETA:  I just saw they replied to my earlier post asking for me to message them my email address.  Hopefully, it means they are sending me a new one.  

Edited by girlnamedpete, 27 January 2016 - 03:24 PM.

• Reija and Shauna999 like this

#Post 75 of 75 OFFLINE   girlnamedpete

girlnamedpete

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Joined 01-April 14
Reviews

Posted 28 January 2016 - 02:56 PM

Still no resolution.  I initially contacted them 8 days ago and have followed up about 3 times.  They are still "looking into it".  It has been off the tracking radar for a full 21 days now. I am now annoyed because I am fairly certain I will NOT get this box.  Why can't they just send a new one??

ETA:  I just saw they replied to my earlier post asking for me to message them my email address.  Hopefully, it means they are sending me a new one.  

They are FINALLY sending me a new box.   :smilehappyyes:

• Reija and MissKris17 like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Glossybox, Beauty Subscriptions, SPOILERS

• 2,323,899 Posts
  • 109,782 Members
  • 18,578 Reviews
  • 54,003 Albums