night time skin care

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't say it is the best but it is what I do. I use Monsia Skincare and my routine is very simple.

1. Apply cleanser gently all over neck & face and tissue off.
  2. Toner on cottonwool until it is quite wet and gently apply to neck & face (taking care to keep eyes closed), usually do this once.
  3. If I have been using makeup during the day I clean again using jojoba oil and rinse with cool water and tissue dry. It is one of the ingredients in this product line and it gets mascara off easily (I put some on a bud & gently wipe my eyelashes)
  4. Then I apply the night moisturizing cream to neck & face
  5. In the winter I add a couple of drops of vit E oil on my neck, 1 drop around each eye and 1 drop across my forehead. I have been told that this seals in the moisture.
  6. I use whatever is left on my hands to rub into the backs of my hands.
This works well for me because in the morning my skin still feels smooth and it still feels "elastic" not tight.

1. Use some cleanser which work for you if you close your eyes and use it on your lashes, it removes any non-waterproof mascara with ease, so I never have to use a separate eye makeup remover.

2. Your next step should be a toner, especially if you have oily skin. Forget that stinky yellow Seabreeze astringent of yore; you should be using an alcohol-free toner.

3. Retinol is a MUST to keep fine lines at bay and even your skin tone. I have been using a prescription retinoid consistently (except when pregnant) since I was 14. 

4. Apply an essence. Is essence the same thing as a serum, you say? Nope, essence is a stinky water that you press into your skin BEFORE your serum.

5. Apply eye serum.

6. Enjoy! =)

If there's one single tip that helps, it is applying a good face cream or a natural oil overnight to moisturize your skin (unless your skin is too oily). Don't be surprised if you wake up with that fresh, dewy glow the next morning!

Here is the way to best take care of your skin at Night:-1. Start with a good cleansing to ensure you remove all makeup and build-up from the day.

2. Apply a soothing face mask to help your skincare products sink in more efficiently.

3. A topical retinoid will reduce clogged pores, even out skin tone and promote collagen-building, anti-aging effects.

4. Put on a thick layer of moisturizer all over the face and neck.

5. Gently tap on eye cream after putting on your night cream.

My daily routine would be washing my face with warm water and my organic hydrating creamy wash then moisturize after with Clinique or Oil of Olay moisturizer.

Wash your face and add a nightly face oil!  I was my face using Oras Amazing Herbal Face Scrub. It's natural and a powder that you add water to.  For the face oil I use their daily face oil.

Follow these routine:
1. Wash your face with soap and water.
2. Rinse your face.
3. Lather again.
4. Towel-dry your face.
5. Apply protective products.
6. Use Moisturizer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back