red skin help

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi, I suffer from red skin, especially on my nose and cheeks. I avoid any harsh chemicals in my cleansers and makeup to help and Ive been taking antibiotics and it is still red. I also have dark circles under my eyes. Please can I have some advice on what makeup to use to help cover it up that won't irritate it further and also if you have any tips on how to calm it down too?

Hi! Welcome to MUT! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20"> Have you tried mineral makeup? Mineral makeup is a "healthier" option for makeup that covers redness very well. There are many brands available to try. Ulta and Sephora have mineral makeup lines. For dark circles there are many concealers to try. Neutrogena and Physicians formula have concealer sticks that are easy to use and carry with. You can blend them with a finger or use a concealer brush. Bareminerals has a concealer too. Hope this helps and hope others have suggestions for you too.

Welcome to MakeupTalk!

Something that has helped out my skin calm down but also cover it amazingly has been the Hourglass Hyaluronic Skin Tint, this foundation is what I believe to be why my skin has been less red. It is very moisturizing, and would recommend greatly. The price is pretty high, so if you can't afford it maybe just look into buying some skincare with hyaluronic in it to help with redness. Good luck!

Back