My Maven (substitutions) for everyone

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It's about time! I thought it was dumb that they waited this long. This is a win for me, since I don't have many holes in my nail polish collection but I am a fan of Julep's skincare and nail care. I will wind up taking a box more often because of it.

Can someone who's had My Maven for a while verify how it works for those of us who have watched from the sidelines? Is there a limit to which products you can sub into your box? Like, could I go crazy and do three bottles of Rethink Your Shower if I wanted while still keeping the original price?

Glad you have decided to join in on the Julep fun @@lamplighter! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20"> I've been with Julep since almost day one but then cancelled and started back up again about a year go. I've only skipped a few times. I just think for the price it's a great value. I like their skin care and make up too. My last box was two nail polishes and an eye shadow. Before that my boxes included add-ons. You can add on how ever many products you want on top of your features box and most of them are at discount so it's really hard not to go overboard with the add-ons especially since you get an extra gift if you add-on 3 items or more. You can modify the box to just include nail polishes but not sure if you can pick 3 of the same colors. I've never tried to do that. Hopefully someone knows.

Very cool, thanks! I've been a member for two years but I've always used the original non-substituting format (too cheap to spring for the extra $5 for My Maven). If there wasn't a box that appealed I skipped. I think this new change is so smart for them, because there'll be a reason for me to take a box almost every month now. A lot of the skincare will wind up almost as low-priced as secret store prices, and taking a box = Jules. It's a win for me, anyway.

When I signed back up I didn't upgrade to the option of changing the box either. I got frustrated after a few months and figured it was worth the extra cost because I've been able to make the boxes exactly how I want them. So much better this way.

I never upgraded to the new box format so am excited to now be able to customize and/or skip boxes at the $19.99 price.  I've gotten to the point where I enjoy their skincare/makeup as much as the polishes (if not more) so am excited I can now add them on!

Latest posts

Back