Foundations/Primers for DRY skin and LARGE PORES?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi ladies! I am needing some advice. I have pretty dry skin but I also have extremely large pores on my checks, and I mean LARGE, like cat whiskers could come out of them. I have yet to find any sort of foundation or primer that I feel has really "smoothed" out my pores like they claim to. (I have tried all the common primers benefit porefessional, smashbox photo finish pores, MUF smoothing, dr brandt, etc, etc, etc)

My biggest thing is that I have dry skin so therefore I love a glowey/dewey look, but obviously any shine or luminosity on the pores does nothing but emphasize them. I'm looking for any ideas that would help to smoothe out my pores withou completely mattifying my face. Please do not recommend any overly mattifying foundations or primers as I do NOT like looking super matte and have dry skin. I do have a pretty good skin care routine so I would not be against hearing of some skincare products that may have worked for helping with large pores. (Yes, I'm aware you cannot actually shrink the size of the pores).

Thanks ladies, I appreciate any insight and advice!

Hi! Welcome to MUT! Have you tried any Korean skin care products? I find that the Korean skin care products really work and their BB/CC creams are great to use on their own or as a primer under a foundation. They really smooth out the skin and give it glow. Dr. Jart is a great brand and so is Missha. I like both of their BB creams. For Dr. Jart their Beauty balms are great. 

I have large pores but normal skin. 

Have you perhaps tried using Benefit Porefessional or Maybelline Baby skin as a primer?

I really think this works wonders especially in conjunction with the Benefit Oxygen Wow Foundation. 

I second the Benefit porefessional. I had forgotten about it. I have a few enlarged pores and the Benefit one seems to work well. Thanks for the tip @@sarahwilloughby! I also have two generous sample sizes of the YSL primer and it has little gold flakes in it. It's really nice. It really smooths the skin and gives it a little glow but not too much. Just wish it wasn't so expensive.

Use Bodyography Foundation Primer. This is excellent treatment for your problem. This outclass oil free foundation comes with antioxidants, vitamins A and E, green tea and grape seed extract. It offers a silky smooth skin and works as long lasting flawless base. My friend also having problem like this and she buy this foundation from Storemass. Now she is happy from results.

Hello there, i think for your problem you should try using Estee Lauder illuminating perfecting primer. Depending on the coverage they have good foundations that would go well with this particular primer. My suggestion in regards to foundation would be one from the nutrition line. The primer and the foundation gives a dewy look and covers up pores well. Hope this was of help to you.

Back