Glossybox May 2016 **Spoilers**

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FullSpoiler/Review up at MSA:

Rituals shower gel in Zensation

Benefit Roller Lash mascara

Nioxin shampoo and conditioner

Talika moisturizer

Versaspa self tanner for face

I'm ok with all of that except the self tanner. On the whole, I don't find the box particularly exciting, but at this point, 3 years into the sub box game, what am I going to find that's really exciting unless it's a brand-spankin' new product?

FullSpoiler/Review up at MSA:

Rituals shower gel in Zensation

Benefit Roller Lash mascara

Nioxin shampoo and conditioner

Talika moisturizer

Versaspa self tanner for face
I am super excited about the Shower gel. I always suggest bath products in the Glossybox surveys that ask what would have made the box better.  I really hope I get it in my box. I don't think I have ever gotten the bath item when it was an option. I might have to go double check the beauty profile questions to see if there is a question that pertains to that. I Love that they are including a shampoo with the conditioner.  Moisturizer - YES Please. I can never have enough moisturizers for my face! 

I find the box to be disappointing, I'm so sick of self tanners in sub boxes. How many people are actually using them? Maybe it's just me that doesn't; I embrace my paleness lol. Moisturizer and mascara are super unexciting, we get them in nearly every box. I still have a whole tub of moisturizers to use up. The only thing I'm remotely excited about is the Rituals shower gel. After my Gilt City year is up, I'm definitely not resubbing. They used to offer pretty good boxes, full size items all the time. It just seems more and more disappointing lately. 

Last edited by a moderator:
The Benefit mascara is a great product. I currently have one and it's my favorite mascara. On the whole, it's a pretty ok box. I've never used self-tanner, so that'll be interesting. 

I made the decision this morning to cancel my subscription though. I bought a six-month plan so my last box will be July. I like Glossybox, but I have too many subs and decided it's one of the ones I need to cut out. I'll probably also end up canceling the Popsugar mini.

The mothers day box is on sale today for $29

image.png

Code is: GLOSSYMOTHER

Definately way over priced. I wonder if it is like those products that are sold in mall kiosks that are way over priced

Definately way over priced. I wonder if it is like those products that are sold in mall kiosks that are way over priced
I wonder the same where they start with a price of $749.95 and somehow end up selling it at 80% off making you feel like you got a deal

Bingo. So it's $750 glycerin.

Excuse me..."organic" glycerin.

Adore Organic Innovation is part of the same outfit as Orogold and Vine Vera, 2 kiosk scam brands Glossy is already in bed with.

last night I checked my account and saw my May box was in "pack" mode...so imagine my surprise when at 10:15AM today (which is also really early for our mail delivery) a Glossybox arrived. It had all the same things as posted on MSA.

I checked back into my Glossybox account, and the box is still listed in "pack" mode.

This is really early - I usually don't get my box until the 20-something of the month, and this is the first time in almost 2 years it's arrived before my Birchbox (which didn't even ship until the 12th)

Something weird is going on with my boxes this month...

I got my box! Totally out of the blue! I had no idea it was even shipped. And it beat my Birchboxes in arriving. I got the same variation that was in MSA's review.

image.jpeg

Latest posts

Back