-->

Welcome Guest to MakeupTalk

Welcome to MakeupTalk, one of the largest beauty communities online! Love makeup and beauty products as much as we do? Do you look forward to getting your beauty subscription boxes every month? Sign up or sign in to join in on the conversations and share your love for makeup, beauty and subscription boxes with others. By signing up or signing in you get access to the features listed below. Signing up is FREE and requires minimal information. We look forward to seeing you on the forums and having you part of our community! Thanks for stopping by!
  • Start new topics and reply to others in our MakeupTalk Forums
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get notification & email updates
  • Get your personal profile page and make new friends in our Community
  • Submit your reviews about Makeup Products and get feedback from other users
  • Send personal messages to other members

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

Latest Posts

Sponsors

Become a Forum Sponsor!

Photo

Glossybox May 2016 **Spoilers**

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#Post 21 of 47 OFFLINE   Bizgirlva

Bizgirlva

Aficionado

• Super Moderators
  • 4,194 posts
  • Joined 13-November 12
Reviews

Posted 16 May 2016 - 12:12 PM

FYI Glossybox had a customer service survey up for me, it was worth 50 dots.

• Reija and KDramasinPajamas like this

#Post 22 of 47 OFFLINE   KDramasinPajamas

KDramasinPajamas

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Joined 02-February 15
Reviews

Posted 16 May 2016 - 03:03 PM

Got my shipping notice today. Yay. I need a little pick me up present. 

• Reija and MET like this

#Post 23 of 47 OFFLINE   LoveSkinCare

LoveSkinCare

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts
  • Joined 26-August 14
Reviews

Posted 16 May 2016 - 03:14 PM

Got my shipping notice too

#Post 24 of 47 OFFLINE   LoveSkinCare

LoveSkinCare

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts
  • Joined 26-August 14
Reviews

Posted 17 May 2016 - 09:03 AM

Mine is out for delivery today!

#Post 25 of 47 OFFLINE   bliss10977

bliss10977

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Joined 10-May 13
Reviews

Posted 17 May 2016 - 01:14 PM

Me too! It's really nice to know it'll be here within a reasonable time frame for once!

Just kidding. It's been stuck on label created for two days.

#Post 26 of 47 OFFLINE   LoveSkinCare

LoveSkinCare

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts
  • Joined 26-August 14
Reviews

Posted 17 May 2016 - 02:54 PM

Got my box and got all the same except I got the Adore instead of the Versaspa , sigh......

Edited by LoveSkinCare, 17 May 2016 - 02:55 PM.

#Post 27 of 47 OFFLINE   Bizgirlva

Bizgirlva

Aficionado

• Super Moderators
  • 4,194 posts
  • Joined 13-November 12
Reviews

Posted 17 May 2016 - 06:30 PM

Got my box and got all the same except I got the Adore instead of the Versaspa , sigh......

Oh no! Which product? The $750 serum?
  • Reija likes this

#Post 28 of 47 OFFLINE   LoveSkinCare

LoveSkinCare

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts
  • Joined 26-August 14
Reviews

Posted 18 May 2016 - 06:09 AM

Oh no! Which product? The $750 serum?

Yep it was that one but it is a deluxe sample I think 0.5 oz
After reading all the scamy things online about this company, I doubt I'll use it, plus it is heavily perfumed.
  • Reija and zillionthwriter like this

#Post 29 of 47 OFFLINE   Kookymama

Kookymama

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts
  • Joined 01-May 14
Reviews

Posted 19 May 2016 - 05:48 AM

No self tanner either.  I want to try self tanners this year and can't seem to get one in a box. ;)

I got the serum..  

• Reija likes this

#Post 30 of 47 OFFLINE   KDramasinPajamas

KDramasinPajamas

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Joined 02-February 15
Reviews

Posted 20 May 2016 - 11:30 AM

I got the Adore Elite Facial Serum too. 

• Reija likes this

#Post 31 of 47 OFFLINE   jenny1973

jenny1973

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • Joined 13-July 15
Reviews

Posted 20 May 2016 - 11:49 AM

Mine was delivered today, I wonder if the "overpriced" serum is in my box????  But I also don't know about the self- tanner either.  Can't wait to see!

• Reija likes this

#Post 32 of 47 OFFLINE   linda37027

linda37027

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Joined 10-May 13
Reviews

Posted 20 May 2016 - 01:25 PM

I got the self tanner, which I will not use. It's not new to me, but I love the benefit mascara. Will try the other stuff. Not my favorite box, but okay.
  • Reija likes this

#Post 33 of 47 OFFLINE   inimitable_d

inimitable_d

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Joined 21-June 15
Reviews

Posted 20 May 2016 - 03:53 PM

I got the Adore serum, too.  Meh.

• Reija likes this

#Post 34 of 47 OFFLINE   zillionthwriter

zillionthwriter

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Joined 22-January 16
Reviews

Posted 20 May 2016 - 10:26 PM

Am I the only one who received the Estee Lauder Revitalizing Supreme Global Anti-Aging cream? I also got the Zensation foam, the Nioxin, Benefit mascara, and the Talika. Overall I'm happy with this box!

• Reija and KDramasinPajamas like this

#Post 35 of 47 OFFLINE   Krystyn Lowe

Krystyn Lowe

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts
  • Joined 21-March 14
Reviews

Posted 21 May 2016 - 10:58 PM

The Adore serum? I cannot with this scammy dirtbag company. Has anyone else read the ingredients? I put a bit on my finger to feel the consistency and knew immediately it was full of silicones before even looking. First of many bad ingredients? Silicones like dimethicone and cheap filler oils. Silicone primers are one thing, I don't want or need it in a serum. What makes them think everyone is stupid? I can read ingredients lists ya dummies! Tossed down the sink and recycled...
  • Reija, Jay.Aitch.Gee and zillionthwriter like this

#Post 36 of 47 OFFLINE   Krystyn Lowe

Krystyn Lowe

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts
  • Joined 21-March 14
Reviews

Posted 21 May 2016 - 11:17 PM

Just read a long article on independent(dot)com about the gross Dead Sea/Vine Vera/Orogold/Adore company alleging no permits for stores, illegal workers, illegal and unethical tactics and outright lies. Why GB is in bed with these dirtbags is beyond me. Here's a few paragraphs of their shenanigans

"There are also allegations of outright deception and fraud. Dead Sea Cosmetics–affiliated kiosks were kicked out of New Zealand entirely when workers there convinced an autistic man to buy $4,400 worth of merchandise and, in another instance, sold $17,000 worth of products to a man with short-term memory loss who couldn't remember purchases he had made just moments earlier. Closer to home, an elderly woman with Alzheimer's — the mother of a downtown employee working next to one of the cosmetic stores — was reportedly swindled out of $800.

A September 2014 article in The Times of Israel took an investigative look at the proliferation of suspicious Dead Sea Cosmetics–related businesses around the world. The story details how many young Israelis pursue work with the companies to pay for their post-army travels, and how the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Department of Labor has been investigating the organizations since at least 2007."
  • Reija, Jay.Aitch.Gee and zillionthwriter like this

#Post 37 of 47 OFFLINE   Jay.Aitch.Gee

Jay.Aitch.Gee

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Joined 24-October 14
Reviews

Posted 22 May 2016 - 08:28 AM

@Krystyn Lowe Yes, it's so insane! I've detailed my experiences in both an Orogold and an Adore "boutique" elsewhere on this site:

http://www.makeuptal...lers/?p=2411874

I get more and more disturbed thinking about when the saleswoman at Adore claimed it was "impossible" for anyone to be allergic to their products. That's straight up foolywang, but as she's assuming a position of "expert" in the interaction, a more...shall we say, trusting consumer might see no reason not to believe her, and could have a serious, potentially fatal, allergic reaction.  But the saleswoman sees the customers strolling through the mall in the exact same way her employers see her - which is, just barely. 

These scammy outfits reveal the worst aspects of human nature - their entire success is based on deception, exploitation, and selfishness. The employees deceive, cheat, and potentially endanger the customer, while in turn the owners of the companies mislead, exploit, and potentially endanger the employees, the majority of whom are working illegally and hired on false premises. Some of them don't even earn an hourly wage - just commissions.  For both the corporate bigwig recruiting and exploiting young workers and the saleswoman desperate to earn commission on 2oz of perfumed silicone sold at a 1000% mark-up, getting through the workweek, making a profit, and collecting a paycheck are all that matters - no thought is given to the real human unhappiness that is spread by what each is doing. 

• Reija, Krystyn Lowe and zillionthwriter like this

"Busy, busy, busy" - what a Bokononist whispers whenever he thinks about how complicated and unpredictable the machinery of life really is.

#Post 38 of 47 OFFLINE   zillionthwriter

zillionthwriter

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Joined 22-January 16
Reviews

Posted 22 May 2016 - 06:13 PM

Yeah, their involvement with these scammy companies is part of the reason why I chose to not renew my 6-month subscription. I gave the Vine Vera creams they sent me one star and I also included criticism of the company and Glossybox's involvement with them in my overall review for the box. I wonder if that's why they sent me the Estee Lauder cream instead of Adore. 

Edited by zillionthwriter, 22 May 2016 - 06:15 PM.

• Reija and Krystyn Lowe like this

#Post 39 of 47 OFFLINE   Jay.Aitch.Gee

Jay.Aitch.Gee

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Joined 24-October 14
Reviews

Posted 23 May 2016 - 08:46 AM

Yeah, their involvement with these scammy companies is part of the reason why I chose to not renew my 6-month subscription. I gave the Vine Vera creams they sent me one star and I also included criticism of the company and Glossybox's involvement with them in my overall review for the box. I wonder if that's why they sent me the Estee Lauder cream instead of Adore.

I'm glad to hear you voiced this - I've sent them two emails (one in December, re: Orogold, and one March re: Vine-Vera), but they have not been acknowledged more than a generic "we value your feedback" response. I left a comment on MSA specifically for "Gabrielle" - we'll see if it gets acknowledged there.

I did not get the Adore serum either - I got the self tanner, which I won't use, since I don't use tanning products (but at least I can, in good conscience, pass the self tanner along to someone else). I WISH I'd gotten the Estée Lauder cream! I think I already received that particular product in my November box though.

I bought a year of Glossybox on Gilt City, so I'm subscribed until December (by which point I'll have accumulated enough "dots" for at least 3 more boxes, if my math is right). But they'll be hearing from me every time they partner with one of these outfits.
  • Reija and Krystyn Lowe like this

"Busy, busy, busy" - what a Bokononist whispers whenever he thinks about how complicated and unpredictable the machinery of life really is.

#Post 40 of 47 OFFLINE   Bizgirlva

Bizgirlva

Aficionado

• Super Moderators
  • 4,194 posts
  • Joined 13-November 12
Reviews

Posted 25 May 2016 - 09:55 AM

Oh my! 

Glossy Box is protecting its brand on social by saying ‘the customer isn’t always right’

http://www.thedrum.c...-t-always-right

Just gonna leave that right there....

• 2,323,302 Posts
  • 109,583 Members
  • 18,571 Reviews
  • 54,002 Albums