Waterproof Mascara Harsh on the Lashes?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just read in the latest Shape magazine that Kloe Kardashian doesn't like to wear waterproof mascara on the lashes because of how harsh they can be on the lashes. Per the magazine the trick is to protect the lashes with a regular mascara first and then add a layer of waterproof mascara on top. Has anyone tried this? Do you think waterproof mascaras are harder on the lashes? I've found that mascaras that last longer on the lashes tend to be a bit more harsh and I try not to wear waterproof or really long lasting mascaras every day. Has anyone noticed a difference in the health of their lashes and the type or a brand of mascara that you wear?

I've noticed that EL mascaras tend to work better on my lashes as far as keeping them healthy go. I used a Mustaev mascara a few weeks ago and love how long lasting it is but ended up scratching my eye and lost a few eye lashes in the spot that I was scratching so now I'm bummed. I usually rotate between 3-4 different mascaras that are either full or sample size. For the longest time I was only wearing EL mascara and noticed that my lashes were really healthy.

What is an EL mascara @@Reija? I feel like I should probably already know this, but can't seem to remember

I have noticed that mascara tends to weaken your lashes. Think to when you were a kid or if you see one, their lashes look great! Or like men that don't wear mascara, some of their lashes tend to look so healthy and strong! I have found that some mascaras make my eye lashes weak, the kind of mascara that stays on your lashes for a long time. This is just from my experience though, maybe that is just me. Would love to see if anyone does some research about this

What is an EL mascara @@Reija? I feel like I should probably already know this, but can't seem to remember
I think EL means Estee Lauder :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I usually use Lancome mascaras and they tend to cause little to no eyelash fall on me. I noticed Neutrogena (sample from Walmart beauty box) and W3ll People mascara (sample from Birchbox) caused immediate eyelash fall when I tried them, but it can be as well because they were not very fresh.

I think it's easy for Khloe K to not use mascara, she is probably using silk eyelash extensions all the time :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back