Glossybox June 2016 **Spoilers**

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Almost a new month.  All I hope for is no more products from that sketchy conglomerate of companies. 

I've got three free boxes I exchanged Glossydots for but then I think it's time for GB and I to part ways.  It's been years. 

MSA Posted this. As an Allure subscriber, I am not too excited about getting another red box. lol. 

Screen-Shot-2016-05-31-at-9-768x416.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a little afraid of the box being Make-up heavy. I hope the next spoiler is a face mask or something else skin care related. 

Screen-Shot-2016-05-31-at-9.30.27-PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting @! Not really feeling this box. I hope it gets better.

Prep and prime makes me think of skincare and maybe a primer, hoping for recognizable brands at least.  Glossybox is really getting into unknown brands along with the sketchy-ass company that they keep partnering with.  I'm not a complainer and never contact customer service unless it's an actual problem but the statement from GB recently is still not sitting well with me.  I think I'm sticking with my cancellation after I get these three free boxes coming to me.  Got too much crap anyway!

I agree, nothing exciting about more mascara. I can't tell you how much mascara I have in my stockpile and how infrequently I change mine out lol. Glossybox seems to have lost its excitement too, I won't renew when my Gilt City deal is up. 

Full spoilers are up on MSA. It's a disappointing box, imo.

icona MILANO Emotion Allowed Mascara

Vichy Eau Thermale (water spray mist)

Leighton Denny Miracle Mist (this is a nail polish drying spray)

Caolion Freshly Hydro Sheet Mask

Tantowel

I remember being tempted by Glossybox in Jan/Feb of this year but I'm glad I didn't sign up. They've become pretty boring with unknown brands that really aren't worth it to me.

The same is happening with Boxycharm, albeit to a lesser degree (the MUG products have been their only exciting products recently).

I actually like this box and am especially excited for that nail polish drying spray, but I don't get what any of the products have to do with the Broadway theme.

I actually like this box and am especially excited for that nail polish drying spray, but I don't get what any of the products have to do with the Broadway theme.
Technically it's a Tony Awards theme. I can see how the products fit an awards show theme: clear, "dewy" complexion, tan skin, smudge-free manicures, waterproof mascara (for all the tears during acceptance speeches).

I would have much preferred a Broadway theme! Nyx Wicked lippies, hair powder for our Hamilton wigs... ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got a mail in my other email address...it says a Sinful Color Nail polish will be included...from Kylie Jenner Collection...Colors will vary...and I think every box will come with one of them.

That was not included in any of the blogger reveals.....

Eh I'm not thrilled about mascara. The water spray is ok, I use them at the beach they're pretty refreshing. I'm intrigued by the nail polish spray.

I like sheet masks enough, but they do get over sampled in these boxes. And while I personally like to self tan, I think the tan towel is a terrible sample to include, unless it's an extra. The possible addition of nail polish makes me like the box more. 

I'm excited about the thermal water spray and the quick drying spray and sheet masks. Surprisingly I don't get too many sheet masks. I hate the tan towel as a sample and so over mascara. I have more than I can use in a lifetime, thanks to all my boxes. 

According to Glossy's instagram, we will be getting a nail polish. It's supposed to be a color from the Kylie Jenner Sinful Colors polishes. Not blown away this month at all. 

According to Glossy's instagram, we will be getting a nail polish. It's supposed to be a color from the Kylie Jenner Sinful Colors polishes. Not blown away this month at all.
The nail polish is on their webpage now too. Isn't Sinful Colors a brand that sells for $1.99 at Walgreens? Don't get me wrong - I love a (good) cheap polish, but Sinful Colors is neither "Luxury" nor "up-and-coming niche," which is how Glossybox describes all of its products on its home page.

Also, can I just say that I do not care for the Kardashian presence in sub boxes this June? Between the Allure box and this one, my K-family branded possessions have increased 200%...

Latest posts

Back