-->

Welcome Guest to MakeupTalk

Welcome to MakeupTalk, one of the largest beauty communities online! Love makeup and beauty products as much as we do? Do you look forward to getting your beauty subscription boxes every month? Sign up or sign in to join in on the conversations and share your love for makeup, beauty and subscription boxes with others. By signing up or signing in you get access to the features listed below. Signing up is FREE and requires minimal information. We look forward to seeing you on the forums and having you part of our community! Thanks for stopping by!
  • Start new topics and reply to others in our MakeupTalk Forums
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get notification & email updates
  • Get your personal profile page and make new friends in our Community
  • Submit your reviews about Makeup Products and get feedback from other users
  • Send personal messages to other members

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic

Latest Posts

Sponsors

Become a Forum Sponsor!

Photo

Play! By Sephora - June 2016 box *spoilers*

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 35 OFFLINE   zillionthwriter

zillionthwriter

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Joined 22-January 16
Reviews

Posted 25 May 2016 - 06:32 PM

There's a new teaser video on the Play! page at Sephora. 

The theme for June is "the minimalists."

Screen_Shot_2016_05_25_at_10_26_33_PM.pn

They says it's full of "easy-to-use, high-performance, must-have products for you to achieve that effortless look."

Edited by zillionthwriter, 25 May 2016 - 06:32 PM.

• Reija likes this

#Post 2 of 35 ONLINE   Reija

Reija

MuT Mom

• Administrators
  • 9,568 posts
  • Joined 27-September 03
Reviews

Posted 25 May 2016 - 06:35 PM

ooh, sounds good! Can't wait to see what's in the box. Thanks for posting @zillionthwriter!

• zillionthwriter likes this

MakeupTalk Admin :)
Like us on Facebook - Twitter - Pinterest - Instagram
I also make Handmade jewelry

#Post 3 of 35 OFFLINE   pearldrop

pearldrop

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts
  • Joined 27-January 15
Reviews

Posted 25 May 2016 - 08:10 PM

I saw some highlighter in the video. We will probably get a cream or liquid highlighter ;)

• Reija, DoctorToaster and OrangeCatLady like this

Happy New Year to my lovely MUT family  :santa:

#Post 4 of 35 OFFLINE   Queennie

Queennie

Enthusiast

• Super Moderators
  • 894 posts
  • Joined 19-January 14
Reviews

Posted 25 May 2016 - 09:54 PM

Thanks for the info @zillionthwriter and @pearldrop! A highlighter sounds great for the summer

• Reija and pearldrop like this

#Post 5 of 35 OFFLINE   aihutch

aihutch

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Joined 24-April 15
Reviews

Posted 26 May 2016 - 09:55 PM

Spoilers on MSA
  • Reija, Sherr, LuckyMoon and 1 other like this

#Post 6 of 35 OFFLINE   bliss10977

bliss10977

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Joined 10-May 13
Reviews

Posted 27 May 2016 - 06:46 AM

Spoilers look good
  • Reija, LuckyMoon and DoctorToaster like this

#Post 7 of 35 OFFLINE   aihutch

aihutch

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Joined 24-April 15
Reviews

Posted 27 May 2016 - 09:02 AM

I read some of the comments from last month and for June on MSA and people keep saying they wish it had bigger samples. I never received a large sample from Birchbox and for me they are the exact same price, I had to pay taxes on both boxes. Am I missing something? The brands I receive from Sephora are better to me than what I received in Birchbox or what I see my cousin getting in Ipsy, but people keep saying those are better. I'm trying to figure out what they expect from a $10 box.
  • Reija, Courtknee, liltrixter and 3 others like this

#Post 8 of 35 OFFLINE   DoctorToaster

DoctorToaster

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Joined 24-November 14
Reviews

Posted 27 May 2016 - 10:17 AM

I read some of the comments from last month and for June on MSA and people keep saying they wish it had bigger samples. I never received a large sample from Birchbox and for me they are the exact same price, I had to pay taxes on both boxes. Am I missing something? The brands I receive from Sephora are better to me than what I received in Birchbox or what I see my cousin getting in Ipsy, but people keep saying those are better. I'm trying to figure out what they expect from a $10 box.

I totally agree with your comment.

I've had Birchbox for nearly three years. I can count on one hand the number of boxes that had the same diversity and quality of products compared to Sephora Play. 

In addition, Birchbox is typically five samples, which often includes a tiny perfume vial as one of those five. Sephora Play is always six samples, with the perfume considered a bonus. 

The larger samples that I've received in my Birchboxes are typically dry shampoo, shampoo/conditioner or black eyeliners. All of these are things I like, but they are also the cause for a LOT of complaints on MSA

The "frequent repeat" brands from Sephora Play are broadly a higher quality than the "frequent repeat" brands from Birchbox. 

I think this is a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. That, and people seem to love to complain. The value for Sephora Play is great. It's a $10 box, so expecting the type of items you get in a $20 box is very confusing to me. 

• Reija, Sherr, Queennie and 4 others like this

#Post 9 of 35 OFFLINE   Queennie

Queennie

Enthusiast

• Super Moderators
  • 894 posts
  • Joined 19-January 14
Reviews

Posted 28 May 2016 - 07:27 PM

Excited for the Becca backlight primer :wub:

• Reija and OrangeCatLady like this

#Post 10 of 35 OFFLINE   littlemissnurse

littlemissnurse

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • Joined 16-October 14
Reviews

Posted 29 May 2016 - 10:24 AM

This looks like another good month to me!

• Reija, LuckyMoon and DoctorToaster like this

#Post 11 of 35 OFFLINE   Sakura Chiyo

Sakura Chiyo

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Joined 02-September 15
Reviews

Posted 29 May 2016 - 07:29 PM

I'm interested in the Becca. I've never tried anything by them but I've heard good things. The mascara is nothing new. I seem to get it as a sample in something almost monthly but I'll use it. It's not awful but I wish they would send me newer items to try. I'm interested in the description of the perfume but doubt I'll be able to use it. Too many scents trigger my migraines but at least in this box it's looked at as an extra (I'm looking at you Birchbox). I use SPF so the Tarte will be useful. Then again all the subscription boxes are sending me sunscreen now and I can only use so much before they expire.  I like hair products so I look forward to the Bumble and Bumble even though I haven't had much luck with them as a brand. Finally the BareMinerals I am super iffy on because I've had allergic reactions to their products before. Overall it's not a terrible box but I won't lie, I liked last months much better. I hope Sephora sends me more lipsticks. Lipsticks and mascara are always things I want/need.

• Reija likes this

#Post 12 of 35 OFFLINE   artist92

artist92

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Joined 17-May 15
Reviews

Posted 29 May 2016 - 08:50 PM

Why do I find all these dang boxes when I'm broke??  :lol:

• Reija, Sherr and LuckyMoon like this

#Post 13 of 35 OFFLINE   zillionthwriter

zillionthwriter

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Joined 22-January 16
Reviews

Posted 30 May 2016 - 05:09 PM

I'm excited for the Becca and the Tarte products. I like the Benefit mascara, but this is like the third time I get sent that product from different places. I don't like perfumes, don't wear bronzer, and don't find hair product samples too exciting.

Still, this is a good box for a $10 price. I'll probably include the products I don't use in future lots to sell on ebay.

• Reija likes this

#Post 14 of 35 OFFLINE   Courtknee

Courtknee

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  • Joined 12-March 12
Reviews

Posted 31 May 2016 - 12:55 PM

It's been a while since I've been on the online beauty scene - what is MSA, exactly? 

Oh, MySubscriptionAddiction - figured it out. :) I'm actually SUPER excited for this box, just because there's a lot of things I haven't tried, and products seem like good choices for sampling. (I always have mixed feelings on skincare samples... it's nice to try, but you usually don't get enough to see the results.)

My only concern is that the BB Don't Blow It looks a litttttle small, but it's hard to tell from the picture. Regardless, love the value. 

Edited by Courtknee, 31 May 2016 - 01:11 PM.

• Reija and aihutch like this

#Post 15 of 35 OFFLINE   aihutch

aihutch

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Joined 24-April 15
Reviews

Posted 31 May 2016 - 01:04 PM

It's been a while since I've been on the online beauty scene - what is MSA, exactly?

My Subscription Addiction. It's a great site and helped me pick my favorite sub boxes. The comments section can be great or awful though. Don't get me wrong, I like being able to express why I love or hate a box and we should all be able to do so, but some of the Play comments on MSA seem to want items that would not make sense for a $10 box.
  • Reija, Courtknee, Sherr and 1 other like this

#Post 16 of 35 OFFLINE   sakura33

sakura33

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Joined 20-August 15
Reviews

Posted 03 June 2016 - 07:46 AM

Oh, MySubscriptionAddiction - figured it out. :) I'm actually SUPER excited for this box, just because there's a lot of things I haven't tried, and products seem like good choices for sampling. (I always have mixed feelings on skincare samples... it's nice to try, but you usually don't get enough to see the results.)

My only concern is that the BB Don't Blow It looks a litttttle small, but it's hard to tell from the picture. Regardless, love the value. 

I have been using the tiny sample of don't blow it (came as a bonus from a Bumble and Bumble direct order) for a while in my travel toiletry bag- I've gotten at least 12-15 uses out of it and still have product in it! However, I have fine hair, so I don't need very much- I'm sure people with thick hair may use it up a lot faster.

• Reija and aihutch like this

#Post 17 of 35 OFFLINE   zillionthwriter

zillionthwriter

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Joined 22-January 16
Reviews

Posted 03 June 2016 - 11:16 AM

My credit card got charged this morning, so hopefully this will arrive soon!

• Reija and Saiza like this

#Post 18 of 35 OFFLINE   aihutch

aihutch

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Joined 24-April 15
Reviews

Posted 13 June 2016 - 11:45 AM

Got my shipping notice today! I think I'll like this one more than May (that Tarte crayon was hard!), I'm one of the few people who has never tried that mascara.
  • Reija and MyKidsHave4Legs like this

#Post 19 of 35 OFFLINE   MET

MET

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • Joined 24-May 14
Reviews

Posted 16 June 2016 - 09:12 AM

I'm finally off the waitlist - yay! 

• Sherr, LuckyMoon, LoveSkinCare and 1 other like this

#Post 20 of 35 OFFLINE   biancardi

biancardi

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,958 posts
  • Joined 07-September 13
Reviews

Posted 16 June 2016 - 10:08 AM

Got my shipping notice today! I think I'll like this one more than May (that Tarte crayon was hard!), I'm one of the few people who has never tried that mascara.

I purchased the fullsized tarte and it is so different from that sample.  I love the color, but that sample was awful

Edited by biancardi, 16 June 2016 - 10:09 AM.

• aihutch likes this

• 2,323,668 Posts
  • 109,671 Members
  • 18,576 Reviews
  • 54,003 Albums