My skin sucks my foundation up

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi! New here :)

So I have had this problem for ages. I don't know if its just my skin or if this is kinda normal for people with oily skin?

I have fluctuated through different skin care regimes and I cant say I'm that good with my skin but I have had months where my skins been really good and I've still had this problem.

The pic doesn't do much justice but I get huge patches on my skin and nose where the foundation just disappears and it looks very obvious in person. I've used several different primers and foundations and powders and setting sprays all and varied from high end and low end and regardless I seem to have this problem. I've also tried several different moisturizers underneath and that doesn't seem to help

Is there a trick I can do to stop it? Is it my cleansers or pores or moisturizers?

IMG_20160114_193615.jpg

Welcome to MUT @! This looks to me like an incompatible foundation/primer or moisturizer. What foundation is this and what primer or moisturizer did you use? This can happen if you use a silicone based primer or moisturizer and a water based foundation. The foundation slides right off the skin and pools up like that. I've had this happened many times and have had to figure out the right combo. One day I was trying different primers and foundations and it took me 3 times to get it to look ok.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">

Last edited by a moderator:
@@HollyColes The liquid foundation from Younique is fantastic, and looks so natural on the skin. It takes seconds to apply and I have the driest skin of life, so I know it works for both ends of the skin spectrum. The primer that Younique makes is silicone based, which is great for girls with oily skin. It'll give you that airbrushed look, which I love. I so wish I could use it! Lol but my skin is too dry. BIG thumbs up for that foundation though. I highly recommend it!

Did you try the liquid or the cream?

@@HollyColes The liquid foundation from Younique is fantastic, and looks so natural on the skin. It takes seconds to apply and I have the driest skin of life, so I know it works for both ends of the skin spectrum. The primer that Younique makes is silicone based, which is great for girls with oily skin. It'll give you that airbrushed look, which I love. I so wish I could use it! Lol but my skin is too dry. BIG thumbs up for that foundation though. I highly recommend it!

@HollyColes I prefer the liquid, for a more natural look on the skin, and because I can apply it extremely quickly. The cream is great on my dry skin, but I save that for days when I want more coverage. Both are also very buildable, and can be full coverage if I need them to. I simply prefer the liquid for it's easy application. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
Back