-->

Welcome Guest to MakeupTalk

Welcome to MakeupTalk, one of the largest beauty communities online! Love makeup and beauty products as much as we do? Do you look forward to getting your beauty subscription boxes every month? Sign up or sign in to join in on the conversations and share your love for makeup, beauty and subscription boxes with others. By signing up or signing in you get access to the features listed below. Signing up is FREE and requires minimal information. We look forward to seeing you on the forums and having you part of our community! Thanks for stopping by!
  • Start new topics and reply to others in our MakeupTalk Forums
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get notification & email updates
  • Get your personal profile page and make new friends in our Community
  • Submit your reviews about Makeup Products and get feedback from other users
  • Send personal messages to other members

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic

Latest Posts

Sponsors

Become a Forum Sponsor!

Photo

Safe eye moisturizer?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 12 OFFLINE   TabethaRose

TabethaRose

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 30-January 16
Reviews

Posted 11 July 2016 - 06:07 AM

I wear eye primer and eye shadow 5 days out of the week. The skin around my eyes and my actual eyelids have become soooo dry. Yet most moisturizers I find specifically say "keep away from eyes".

So how in the world can I moisturize my eyes?

Thanks!

#Post 2 of 12 OFFLINE   Reija

Reija

MuT Mom

• Administrators
  • 10,090 posts
  • Joined 27-September 03
Reviews

Posted 11 July 2016 - 07:33 PM

There are eye creams made specifically for the eye area that are different from the regular moisturizers. The eye creams are usually in smaller tubes instead of jars if that helps to find them in a store.

MakeupTalk Admin :)
Like us on Facebook - Twitter - Pinterest - Instagram
Makeup & skin care obsessed jewelry designer creating modern handmade jewelry

Essential Oils for holistic health

#Post 3 of 12 OFFLINE   TabethaRose

TabethaRose

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 30-January 16
Reviews

Posted 12 July 2016 - 06:41 AM

There are eye creams made specifically for the eye area that are different from the regular moisturizers. The eye creams are usually in smaller tubes instead of jars if that helps to find them in a store.

all the ones I'm finding so far are "age defying" and "toning". I don't want to put those chemicals on my eyes. Is there an eye cream 100% for moisturizing and nothing else?

Edited by TabethaRose, 12 July 2016 - 06:42 AM.

#Post 4 of 12 OFFLINE   Reija

Reija

MuT Mom

• Administrators
  • 10,090 posts
  • Joined 27-September 03
Reviews

Posted 12 July 2016 - 07:51 PM

100% pure has a great eye creams

Here is a link to them

https://www.100perce...tions/eye-cream

ELF has a radiance eye cream. Burt's Bees has eye creams too. Boots has an organic hydrating eye cream also. Hope some of these suggestions help with your search.

MakeupTalk Admin :)
Like us on Facebook - Twitter - Pinterest - Instagram
Makeup & skin care obsessed jewelry designer creating modern handmade jewelry

Essential Oils for holistic health

#Post 5 of 12 OFFLINE   GlennSandoval

GlennSandoval

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 27-July 16
Reviews

Posted 27 July 2016 - 09:13 PM

Use coconut oil for the area under eyes! Just rub some coconut oil and gently massage them under the eyes every night before you sleep. You will see the difference within a few days!

• Evster likes this

#Post 6 of 12 OFFLINE   Evster

Evster

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Joined 04-November 06
Reviews

Posted 27 July 2016 - 09:24 PM

Is your eye area different from the rest of your skin? You can then use the same moisturizer for your face for your eyes. That is what eye creams are... moisturizer and actually many have the SAME ingredients as your moisturizer but they give you less and charge you double. You can either use two different moisturizers. One for the type of skin on your face. One for your eyes specifically. Or if it says don't get in your eyes, you could be careful and not rub your eyes. That doesn't mean it is not for under your eyes.
"It's all make believe, isn't it?" (Marilyn Monroe)

#Post 7 of 12 OFFLINE   Lin1018

Lin1018

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Joined 28-August 14
Reviews

Posted 03 December 2016 - 06:45 AM

I wear eye primer and eye shadow 5 days out of the week. The skin around my eyes and my actual eyelids have become soooo dry. Yet most moisturizers I find specifically say "keep away from eyes".

So how in the world can I moisturize my eyes?

Thanks!

Mine doesn't - I use Monsia Skincare, from cleanser to toner to day moisturizer and at night the night repair cream. I keep my eyes closed when I apply cream around my eyes. As an additional moisturizer around my neck, forehead & around my eyes I also use vit E oil, this locks in the moisture and my skin still feels smooth and moist in the mornings. I only add vit E oil to my routine in the winter. Hope this helps.

#Post 8 of 12 OFFLINE   Sharon_Elizabeth

Sharon_Elizabeth

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Joined 13-October 15
Reviews

Posted 06 December 2016 - 06:38 AM

Coconut oil or Ora's Amazing Herbal face oil serum. It's all natural so it won't hurt to put on your eyelids.  Whatever you do use just remember a little goes a lonnng way so you don't need much!

#Post 9 of 12 OFFLINE   Terrie Dawson

Terrie Dawson

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Joined 06-June 15
Reviews

Posted 07 December 2016 - 03:37 AM

Yet there is another alternative for safe eye moisturizer i.e. virgin olive oil. Yes, it act as a narural ingredient that penetrates deep and seals in the moisture. 

#Post 10 of 12 OFFLINE   Taylor Dave

Taylor Dave

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 08-December 16
Reviews

Posted 08 December 2016 - 02:30 AM

Well, the same was the story of me. I had tried an infinite number of moisturizers, but none came in my favor. When I started searching products online, I came across Solvaderm Brand which has all the range of the goods related to Skin Care. I would request you to go through the same and hope you can get your answer after that.

#Post 11 of 12 OFFLINE   lisarayes

lisarayes

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Joined 18-November 16
Reviews

Posted 03 March 2017 - 10:03 PM

Eye comfort depends largely upon sufficient moisture in the eye. In addition to the comfort of eyes not being dry and itchy, moisture on the surface of the eye protects it. Following are some tips to moisturize eyes in a better way.

·         Supplement with research-proven nutrients and eyedrops that have been found to be helpful to manage dry eyes.

·         Make sure to eat lots of green leafy vegetables.

·         Avoid sugar and/or artificial sweeteners: Consumption of more than 11 teaspoons of sugar a day has been linked to dry eye syndrome (a single can of soda contains approximately 9 teaspoons of sugar). Sugar is hidden throughout processed and refined foods including cereals, ketchup, and salad dressings.

·         Avoid the toxic fats in commercial red meat, dairy products, fried foods, and man-made fats. These fats interfere with the proper metabolism of essential fatty acids in the body and are indirect causes of dry eye syndrome

·         Drink 8-10 glasses of water a day.

WrLens is a seller of ORIGINAL lenses DIRECTLY from the manufacturer Solotica.

#Post 12 of 12 OFFLINE   cjcj170

cjcj170

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 10-November 14
Reviews

Posted 08 March 2017 - 09:27 AM

You can use Yu-Be's Moisturizing Skin Cream for your whole face, including eyes. I use it and it really works, and I've specifically gotten dry patches on my eyelids that it's taken care of. I can't see spending money on two different products if you don't have to.

• 2,325,801 Posts
  • 110,530 Members
  • 18,589 Reviews
  • 53,994 Albums