-->

Welcome Guest to MakeupTalk

Welcome to MakeupTalk, one of the largest beauty communities online! Love makeup and beauty products as much as we do? Do you look forward to getting your beauty subscription boxes every month? Sign up or sign in to join in on the conversations and share your love for makeup, beauty and subscription boxes with others. By signing up or signing in you get access to the features listed below. Signing up is FREE and requires minimal information. We look forward to seeing you on the forums and having you part of our community! Thanks for stopping by!
  • Start new topics and reply to others in our MakeupTalk Forums
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get notification & email updates
  • Get your personal profile page and make new friends in our Community
  • Submit your reviews about Makeup Products and get feedback from other users
  • Send personal messages to other members

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

Latest Posts

Sponsors

Become a Forum Sponsor!

Photo

Glossybox August **spoilers**

Glossybox Beauty Subscriptions SPOILERS

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 38 OFFLINE   KDramasinPajamas

KDramasinPajamas

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Joined 02-February 15
Reviews

Posted 19 July 2016 - 06:04 AM

I hope it is ok that I start this thread. It seems early, but there is already a spoiler out! http://www.mysubscri...ification_email   e25fe232a3fbbdd0a464924b018b03c6-1.jpg

• Reija likes this

#Post 2 of 38 OFFLINE   Reija

Reija

MuT Mom

• Administrators
  • 9,618 posts
  • Joined 27-September 03
Reviews

Posted 19 July 2016 - 10:25 AM

Thanks so much for starting the topic @KDramasinPajamas and posting the spoiler!! 

MakeupTalk Admin :)
Like us on Facebook - Twitter - Pinterest - Instagram
I also make handmade jewelry and I'm obsessed with natural beauty products and essential oils.

#Post 3 of 38 OFFLINE   Bizgirlva

Bizgirlva

Aficionado

• Super Moderators
  • 4,276 posts
  • Joined 13-November 12
Reviews

Posted 25 July 2016 - 08:43 AM

The application of this product seems kinda silly and messy.

I usually use take the day off by clinique and just rub it around my eyes and lashes until the mascara dissolves, then follow up with cleanser.

I'm curious if they are actually sending this to everyone or if this will go the the same way the Nuxe shimmer spray did in July boxes.   

• artemiss and jenny1973 like this

#Post 4 of 38 OFFLINE   artemiss

artemiss

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Joined 30-January 15
Reviews

Posted 25 July 2016 - 11:39 AM

Agreed. The Nuxe isn't even a better product IMHO, I think it smells like canola oil and cheap jasmine perfume and isn't as useful as the shave oil since I don't always want that much sparkle, but the value difference coupled with the teaser indicating that would be what was in everyone's box kinda left a bad taste in my mouth.

• sakura33 likes this

#Post 5 of 38 OFFLINE   bliss10977

bliss10977

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Joined 10-May 13
Reviews

Posted 26 July 2016 - 05:11 AM

I'm happy with the shave oil, but I totally agree that the whole thing was shady.

#Post 6 of 38 OFFLINE   Jay.Aitch.Gee

Jay.Aitch.Gee

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Joined 24-October 14
Reviews

Posted 26 July 2016 - 07:41 AM

And then there are the folks (such as myself) who received neither the Nuxe oil nor the full size shave oil, but a 1.7 oz sample of shower gel "oil" worth pocket change ($2.31, by the most generous estimate).

I don't have a problem with variations per se, as long as the values are comparable. This month the value disparity was upwards of $50. Not cool, GB, not cool at all.
  • artemiss and jenny1973 like this

"Busy, busy, busy" - what a Bokononist whispers whenever he thinks about how complicated and unpredictable the machinery of life really is.

#Post 7 of 38 OFFLINE   bliss10977

bliss10977

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Joined 10-May 13
Reviews

Posted 26 July 2016 - 08:11 AM

And then there are the folks (such as myself) who received neither the Nuxe oil nor the full size shave oil, but a 1.7 oz sample of shower gel "oil" worth pocket change ($2.31, by the most generous estimate).

I don't have a problem with variations per se, as long as the values are comparable. This month the value disparity was upwards of $50. Not cool, GB, not cool at all.

Ugh that's awful, I'm sorry.
  • Jay.Aitch.Gee likes this

#Post 8 of 38 OFFLINE   jenny1973

jenny1973

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • Joined 13-July 15
Reviews

Posted 26 July 2016 - 08:16 AM

According to MSA, every box should have this item, not full size either, deluxe size!!!!  Looks like a possible trip to the eye foundation to me!!!lol!!!  I am so lazy at times, I just use make up wipes and pray for the best depending on what time I get home from work!  I just resigned up with a 3 month special and 2 free past boxes!  I doubt I will get the NUXE, I was under the impression that everyone that item but does not seem to be the norm!

#Post 9 of 38 OFFLINE   artemiss

artemiss

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Joined 30-January 15
Reviews

Oh yeah, that would have ticked me off, too. At least the other two were sorta comparable in use, that crappy shower gel is just meh, it isn't even the Rituals stuff which is nice. :(

#Post 10 of 38 OFFLINE   artemiss

artemiss

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Joined 30-January 15
Reviews

Oh yeah, that would have ticked me off, too. At least the other two were sorta comparable in use, that crappy shower gel is just meh, it isn't even the Rituals stuff which is nice. :(

#Post 11 of 38 OFFLINE   Jay.Aitch.Gee

Jay.Aitch.Gee

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Joined 24-October 14
Reviews

Posted 08 August 2016 - 12:15 PM

Glossybox has released a second spoiler: Trifle Cosmetics Lip Parfait Buttery Lip Cream

http://experience.gl...ust-sneak-peek/

The TooFaced mascara remover is allegedly "in every box," but they said that about the Nuxe oil last month, and we all know how that went down....

There's no similar promise made re: the lipstick, but I would be happy to receive one for the packaging alone - I mean, seriously, that's a PUG on one of them!

But based on my experiences with Grouchybox (oops, er, Glossybox) the last couple months, my box variation will probably consist of 3 Sinful Colors polishes, self tanner, and a dead spider.
  • Reija, Moringa, Shauna999 and 4 others like this

"Busy, busy, busy" - what a Bokononist whispers whenever he thinks about how complicated and unpredictable the machinery of life really is.

#Post 12 of 38 OFFLINE   girlnamedpete

girlnamedpete

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Joined 01-April 14
Reviews

Posted 08 August 2016 - 07:51 PM

But based on my experiences with Grouchybox (oops, er, Glossybox) the last couple months, my box variation will probably consist of 3 Sinful Colors polishes, self tanner, and a dead spider.

You never fail to crack me up!!!  *LOL* Oh, and I am excited to try the lipstick, too!

• Reija, Shauna999 and Jay.Aitch.Gee like this

#Post 13 of 38 OFFLINE   Bizgirlva

Bizgirlva

Aficionado

• Super Moderators
  • 4,276 posts
  • Joined 13-November 12
Reviews

Posted 09 August 2016 - 11:30 AM

A dead spider might be an improvement over a $2 shower gel. At least you could use it for Halloween decor and given their shipping schedule lately it would have arrived in time for the holiday.

Edited by Bizgirlva, 10 August 2016 - 11:28 AM.

• Reija, Jay.Aitch.Gee and artemiss like this

#Post 14 of 38 OFFLINE   Jay.Aitch.Gee

Jay.Aitch.Gee

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Joined 24-October 14
Reviews

Posted 11 August 2016 - 03:47 PM

There's (finally!) what looks to be an August full box post on Instagram:

Looks like:
-TooFaced mascara melt off
-trifle cosmetics lippie
-Fango body polish
-Wella hair oil
-some type of after sun lotion
-invisibobble hair ties

I would be decently happy to get this box - there are at least 3 things I would definitely have immediate use for (lippie, body polish, and hair ties), and the hair oil and after sun would get used eventually. The only item I'm iffy about is the mascara remover (which is of course the one "guaranteed" item). I have pretty sensitive/allergic eyes, and I've read a couple reviews that this stings or otherwise doesn't work so well for sensitive eyes.

I will say that those are my favorite hair bands. They really don't leave ponytail indentations, even if used on damp hair - and I have fine, textureless, stick straight hair that typically dents like nobody's business.
  • Reija likes this

#Post 15 of 38 OFFLINE   KrissyMichelle

KrissyMichelle

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Joined 03-May 15
Reviews

Posted 11 August 2016 - 06:01 PM

There's (finally!) what looks to be an August full box post on Instagram:

Looks like:
-TooFaced mascara melt off
-trifle cosmetics lippie
-Fango body polish
-Wella hair oil
-some type of after sun lotion
-invisibobble hair ties

I would be decently happy to get this box - there are at least 3 things I would definitely have immediate use for (lippie, body polish, and hair ties), and the hair oil and after sun would get used eventually. The only item I'm iffy about is the mascara remover (which is of course the one "guaranteed" item). I have pretty sensitive/allergic eyes, and I've read a couple reviews that this stings or otherwise doesn't work so well for sensitive eyes.

I will say that those are my favorite hair bands. They really don't leave ponytail indentations, even if used on damp hair - and I have fine, textureless, stick straight hair that typically dents like nobody's business.

I've always wanted to try these hair ties! I'm hoping this is the US box. I have basically the complete opposite of your hair (thick, coarse, curly) and get obscene ponytail bumps and headaches from having to wear them so tight so hopefully they'll work on my hair as well. I'd honestly love this box completely. 

• MET and Jay.Aitch.Gee like this

#Post 16 of 38 OFFLINE   KrissyMichelle

KrissyMichelle

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Joined 03-May 15
Reviews

Posted 11 August 2016 - 06:05 PM

Here's another! And it's the exact same!

Attached Thumbnails

• Capture+_2016-08-11-19-00-05.png

• Reija, MET and Jay.Aitch.Gee like this

#Post 17 of 38 OFFLINE   KrissyMichelle

KrissyMichelle

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Joined 03-May 15
Reviews

Posted 12 August 2016 - 05:59 AM

Sorry for the spamming comments, but MSA's is also up! 

http://www.mysubscri...ugust-2016.html

The only variation I'm seeing is instead of the Borghese body polish, it's a Borghese face mask. 

Edit: I finally scrolled down the MSA review and there's a new magazine thing for us and it seems to show all the variations you could be receiving. 

Edited by KrissyMichelle, 12 August 2016 - 06:00 AM.

• KDramasinPajamas likes this

#Post 18 of 38 OFFLINE   Reija

Reija

MuT Mom

• Administrators
  • 9,618 posts
  • Joined 27-September 03
Reviews

Posted 12 August 2016 - 06:16 AM

Looks like a good box. I just cancelled because I have too many products and need to cut back. My never ending quest to cut back and it doesn't seem to work in the long run but I keep trying. The pull back to sub boxes is just too strong and I always seem to come back. lol

• MET and Jay.Aitch.Gee like this

MakeupTalk Admin :)
Like us on Facebook - Twitter - Pinterest - Instagram
I also make handmade jewelry and I'm obsessed with natural beauty products and essential oils.

#Post 19 of 38 OFFLINE   KDramasinPajamas

KDramasinPajamas

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Joined 02-February 15
Reviews

Posted 12 August 2016 - 07:02 AM

Sorry for the spamming comments, but MSA's is also up! 

http://www.mysubscri...ugust-2016.html

The only variation I'm seeing is instead of the Borghese body polish, it's a Borghese face mask. 

Edit: I finally scrolled down the MSA review and there's a new magazine thing for us and it seems to show all the variations you could be receiving. 

I like it. I am looking forward to getting my box. My only complaint is the lipstick color. I am glad it is not another red, but I already got a couple of similar shades (i think from allure?). I personally prefer more fun colors like fuchsia, plum, or rose.

I love know what the variations might be. I wonder if that will be the only variations this month, or if it is just a variation from boxes that get borghese? 

Can anyone read what the sneak peak for September is?

• MET likes this

#Post 20 of 38 OFFLINE   Soma

Soma

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Joined 29-June 15
Reviews

Posted 12 August 2016 - 08:12 AM

MSA box is valued at $57...looks like this month may be similar to last month. Last month they said boxes would be atleast $60...and we know what happened. This month they said boxes would be $70+...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Glossybox, Beauty Subscriptions, SPOILERS

• 2,323,899 Posts
  • 109,782 Members
  • 18,578 Reviews
  • 54,003 Albums