Swap Help

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Everything I sent arrived damaged.  I used an Ipsy mailer that was marked fragile.  Supposedly the cap of something wasn't screwed on tightly.  I offered this person to pick different items from my list as replacements.  Am I on the hook to either track down replacement items or pay for the item I swapped for?  It might just be easier to just swap for the item I received and send it to her. She has tons of good reviews, so I don't think it's a scam.  I feel like I have the worst luck in life.  It's like nothing good ever happens to me.  This probably won't even post in the right spot.

Damaged goods on arrival is par for the course, in my opinion. You can only do so much when you pack items, I've have swaps arrive with powder broken (wasn't the main item I swapped for) so I fixed the powder, told my friend it arrived in that condition so that she could wrap more carefully in the future and we moved on. I usually wrap liquids as tight as possible, tape any caps, bubble wrap then put in a plastic ziploc bag, You can never be too careful and I always double-guess myself too. If the items were absolutely ruined, like contaminated by the uncapped item then its good you offered replacements, but if its something that can be wiped off, like a lipstick that got jostled so much in shipping that the lid came off and wiped itself all over some cardboard packaging, well that'll wipe off, not a problem. If you need further assistance or just want someone to vent to, you can always pm me :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back