Redeeming Play! Bonus Points (need help)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay, so I wanted to trouble shoot with everyone before I called Sephora Customer service (again)

My first month my box came fine, I got the bonus card, etc.  I really liked all the samples I got.

The second month my box came, two samples were empty, but I got the bonus card, etc.  I ended up calling customer service about the two empty samples and they credited my account 200 points (totally fair, IMO).  At that point, I hadn't tried to redeem the bonus cards.

I went to a Sephora in store to buy some "necessities" and I was able to redeem one of the 50 bonus cards.  The stand alone mall store didn't have my staple fragrance (even though it showed it did online) so on my way out of the mall I stopped at the JCPenny Store & they had my fragrance (yay!) but the girl at the counter did not know how to redeem that bonus card.  I told her I would hold onto it & go back to a Sephora store to redeem. 

Back to another mall (with a better Sephora) and I attempted to redeem the 50 point card with a purchase.  They scanned the card, it shows on my receipt, but the points aren't showing up on my account?  The first transaction (above) the points showed up instantly, but with this transaction they do not?  In fact, when you look at your Sephora account online you can see the line where the bonus card is credited ... it shows differently than a normal transaction...

Has anyone had an experience where they redeem the card in the store as directed but the points don't show up?  I guess this warrants another call to customer service.  Can you redeem at a Sephora Inside JC Penny?  

Help!

I have not tried to redeem my card at a JCP Sephora, but I think some one mentioned on one of the other threads that you can only redeem one 50 point bonus card a month, I could be wrong though.

The same thing happened to me with the card last month.  I called Sephora and there was some glitch in their system.  If you call them they will credit you the points...easy peasy.

Latest posts

Back