Birchbox October 2016 *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
October sneak peek video will be up Wednesday! image.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the sample choice video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCestIgDBCM

Here are the choices:

Tata Harper Resurfacing mask;

Screen Shot 2016-09-21 at 12.17.46 PM.png

Juice Beauty Cleansing Milk:

Screen Shot 2016-09-21 at 12.20.30 PM.png

Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion skin exfoliant:

Screen Shot 2016-09-21 at 12.21.05 PM.png

Featured box:

Screen Shot 2016-09-21 at 12.22.27 PM.png

Curated Box will include: 
  • GLAMGLOW POWERMUD™ Dualcleanse Treatment
  • Avène Hydrance Optimale Hydrating Cream RICH
  • This Works deep sleep pillow spray
  • Oribe Gold Lust Dry Shampoo
  • MAKE Silk Cream Lipstick - Magnolia
Sample choice opens 9/27.  What are you going to pick?

I might have to go with the curated box because I love Oribe and the even the small, travel sizes of Oribe are so expensive. The curated box looks like a pretty high value.

Definitely picking the Tata Harper, I love that stuff but there's no way I can justify $58 for the full size. At least not right now, what with all the holiday sets popping up online.

I just read that 90% of the products in their store online will be available as an add-on to the October box to get it shipped free. Instead of having a handful of products that you can choose to add to your monthly box for the free shipping, the selection will include way more products.

Sample choice is open!! I went with the Tata Harper! It works  like a dream as a spot treatment!

I wanted the Tata Harper so bad but I chose the curated box because of the Oribe product. I ended up choosing the Tata Harper set as an add-on.

just an FYI if you search for "pillow spray" on Birchbox, it brings up the curated box for sale. That is the only way I have been able to find it. Just bought one! I also chose Tata Harper for my sample.

just an FYI if you search for "pillow spray" on Birchbox, it brings up the curated box for sale. That is the only way I have been able to find it. Just bought one! I also chose Tata Harper for my sample.
Thank you, doing the same!

I should have done this. A great tip! Thanks so much for sharing!!

Tata Harper Mask - though I can never make it to the website in time before everything gets sold out & my app crashes -no fail- when it opens.

Last month I had to "settle" on the Milk beauty lip & cheek which I ended up LOVING & i may buy full size

My box uploaded:

This Works Deep Sleep Pillow Spray, the one thing out of the curated box that I wanted to try so thats ok

Moroccanoil Body Souffle, never heard of it so not excited to try

Avene Hydrance Optimale Hydrating Cream, enough with the Avene already!

Air Repair Super Hydrating Eye Cream, gonna throw this in the swap box

MILK lipstick sample, meh the sample seems to be bigger than the one I have already but that color isn't going to match me at all, if its the Magnolia shade that was in the video.

My pys is nowhere to be seen, which sucks because I love tata harper. I looked back and I definitely received email confirmation so hopefully I do get it. If not then I guess I'll switch back to ipsy and leave bb for good. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oh no! I ran to check mine I really wanted the tata looks like I'm getting it and the juice beauty item.

IMG_2003.PNG

I'm satisfied with this box but kinda wish I got a different product other than the juice beauty. Oh well

I have been so sick of getting stuff in my box month after month for curly hair, that I unchecked that box and left my hair as color treated.  What am I getting this month?  Well. Parlor sleek blow out spray (will give this a try), Mally mascara (here you go mom!), my Tata Harper PYS (huzzah) and Madison Reed shampoo, conditioner, and root touch up. Here's the thing- light brown is showing as my sample color.  My profile says I have red hair.  Just no.  I'm riding what is left of my subscription and sticking with Sephora Play!  I'm out.

Well I meant to cancel this again since I really need to cut back on boxes and BB tends to be my least favorite. I forgot but my box doesn't look that bad. I didn't pick a sample because I honestly didn't care for any of them and I didn't think I was going to keep my subscription. 

Marcelle Xtension Plus Curl Mascara- I really don't mind mascara samples unless they are from a brand I don't like or I have already sampled it a million times. I haven't tried this one yet and I tend to like brushes that curve like this. I'm looking forward to this. It seems to have good reviews for a modest price point.

Dr. Lipp Miracle Balm- I suffer from chapped lips especially in the winter time so I always like getting products like this. Sometimes they get windburn as well and they swell and turn an unattractive shade of red and really hurt. My lips are already full so I end up looking like some funky cartoon.

Oribe Grandiose Hair Plumping Mousse- I love mousse! I may be in the minority but it really is one of the best products for my hair. 

dr.brandt Microdermabrassion Skin Exfoliant- Enough with the scrubs! I am overloaded with scrubs and I have several of these already! I use one maybe once or twice a month. 

Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentré- I have no real opinion of this other than I think it's boring. I really don't like being sent basic moisturizers with perfume added to them. Especially ones that are meant for my face. It's probably going on my feet. 

So three out of five isn't awful. I've noticed people are still getting Tokyo Milk perfume samples. It's annoying because I would really like to try the apple one. Normally I hate them sending me perfume but the one time I want one I will never get it. I was kind of hoping they would send me a mini Skinfood mask but maybe that isn't even an option for this month.

My box uploaded:

This Works Deep Sleep Pillow Spray, the one thing out of the curated box that I wanted to try so thats ok

Moroccanoil Body Souffle, never heard of it so not excited to try

Avene Hydrance Optimale Hydrating Cream, enough with the Avene already!

Air Repair Super Hydrating Eye Cream, gonna throw this in the swap box

MILK lipstick sample, meh the sample seems to be bigger than the one I have already but that color isn't going to match me at all, if its the Magnolia shade that was in the video.

My pys is nowhere to be seen, which sucks because I love tata harper. I looked back and I definitely received email confirmation so hopefully I do get it. If not then I guess I'll switch back to ipsy and leave bb for good. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
definitely contact them about your missing sample choice!! in the very least you should get points if they can't send it to you. This happened to me once (in the 4 years I've subbed so not bad) and they send me my sample choice separately.

I'm happy with my box- I am getting my tata mask, oribe mousse, phyto oil, an organic face cream and Mally mascara. I like hair stuff and like Oribe and Phyto so I am happy to have more.

definitely contact them about your missing sample choice!! in the very least you should get points if they can't send it to you. This happened to me once (in the 4 years I've subbed so not bad) and they send me my sample choice separately.
I emailed them and they've sent the Tata Harper to me separately, thank heavens! That stuff is a life saver, By the way there's tons of new stuff in the BB Shop, I've got my eye on one of the Marcelle gift sets.

My BB came sometime last week, but I was away.  I think the box updated only as my box delivered (so jealous that I can't peek during shipping).

Honestly, one of the better boxes I've received in the 6 months I've been back with BB...

Hustle Butter Luxe: I will keep this.  The FS price point isn't bad.  I will keep it in my purse for the cold winter months and use either as a lip treatment for chapped lips (can't hurt to try, right?) or for my hands when they start to get dry.

Loc Lipstick Sampler:  Lipstick samples should replace mascara samples IMO.  Maybe because I am just venturing into the world of lipstick, maybe because I just. don't. need. another mascara.  I liked the matte pink color.  Side note:  I really need to "organize" my lipsticks better in general.

Organic Pharmacy Double Rejuvenating Face Cream: I've used this twice since I got it and will probably use up the sample.  Sometimes I like to cycle my face creams out to try to get my skin to adapt to something else and this seems to do the trick.  The FS price is too high though.  It is not a miracle cream.  I would not consider purchasing FS.

Oribe Anti Humidity Spray: Why is BB sending this in October?  I read of others that LOVE Oribe.  I haven't tried it but will keep it for next year I guess.  I am a diehard Davines fan & have been for years.  Sample size is on-par with what I expect from BB.

Tata Harper Resurfacing Mask:  I have not tried it yet but it was my sample choice for box customization.  I probably will cycle it in over the next few weeks after I use up the face cream sample.  I guess my biggest concern is that it needs to be left on for 20-30 minutes, and that is a big time commitment for me in my morning routine.

Latest posts

Back