Dark Fairy SFX Tutorial

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
https://youtu.be/qU356KhFW0Q

This is the first time I have every used liquid latex. I had a fun time creating this idea. It can take awhile to come up with ideas and to learn different techniques but we are getting there. We are fast learners and appreciate any feedback you have for us.

Face-
The vines were created using latex layered with cotton. Since this was the first time working with latex it took a short amount of time to get the hang of it. Start by putting a small amount of latex down, then layer your cotton on top and saturate the cotton with latex. Make sure you put enough latex on top of the cotton to smooth it out. While the latex is drying smooth out the edges or push them up; it just depends on what look you are going for. Repeat as many times as you feel is necessary to create the vines you want. 

I really wanted a black eye mask to make the look really striking. I quickly drew out the rough shape I was looking for with a white eyeliner. I then took a black water activated airbrush paint and created the eye portion. I wound up taking the paint all the way into my hairline. 

After I had all the shape I was looking for with the mask I took blue, emerald, aqua, and purple water activated airbrush paints to make patches of color over my face and neck. 

I went in with a mix of black and green water activated paints to create definition in the vines and to cover the cotton. I wanted to mix the lighter green color with a contrast of the darker, mixed green color to give it more of a realistic look. I also took the lighter green color and made smaller vines off of the latex and cotton vines to give even more detail. 

Using aqua and purple water activated paints I splattered my whole face and neck. The colors tied in really nicely with the vines. 

Eyes- 
I decided to pack a black eyeshadow onto my whole eyelid and into the crease. I did this so the black paint wouldn't crease as much and it make the eye mask look as one whole piece. I wanted the center of the lid to sparkle just a little bit so I lightly pressed Bobby Dazzle right on the lid. I finished my eyes off with a little bit of blue eyeliner and two coats of mascara. 

Lips- 
I felt it was necessary to make my lips match the rest of the look as well as I could. I used Jeffree Star Velvor Liquid Lipstick in Scorpio with Colourpop Vice in the center to highlight it slightly. I decided to create some sparkle to match with my eyes with Colourpop Lunch Money highlighter tapped onto the center of my lips.

https://youtu.be/qU356KhFW0Q

Back