-->

Welcome Guest to MakeupTalk

Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others in our MakeupTalk Forums
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get notification & email updates
  • Get your personal profile page and make new friends in our Community
  • Submit your reviews about Makeup Products and get feedback from other users
  • Send personal messages to other members

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic

Sponsors

Become a Forum Sponsor!
Photo

Dry acne prone skin

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 15 OFFLINE   mechelw

mechelw

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Joined 21-June 05
Reviews

Posted 24 January 2006 - 01:59 AM

any products you can recommend for this skin type? a good cleanser, non-greasy moisturizer... etc.
"I thought I was a complete and total genius... then I realized I had already seen this episode of Jeopardy."

Me without Zesty Taco/Chipotle Ranch Doritos.

#Post 2 of 15 OFFLINE   Ljp

Ljp

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Joined 18-October 05
Reviews

Posted 24 January 2006 - 02:13 AM

Try jurilique calendula cream. its anti-bacterial,anti-infalmmatory, but super moisturizing.

#Post 3 of 15 OFFLINE   kaeisme

kaeisme

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,467 posts
  • Joined 04-November 05
Reviews

Posted 24 January 2006 - 12:39 PM

I have very dry and acne prone skin, which can be such a pain to keep your face moisturized and acne at bay, especially cystic acne..ugh.. I use Dial skin cleanser and then I use Weleda Skin Food moisturizer at night. It feels kinda heavy going on, but it disappears so fast. and doesn't feel greasy. I use Oil Of Olay for sensitive skin in the am before makeup.I have very little breakouts and my skin feels good so far.
Kae
1/2 Native American / light skin/ green eyes/ black hair/dry sensitive skin
Made With Intent

#Post 4 of 15 OFFLINE   Ljp

Ljp

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Joined 18-October 05
Reviews

Posted 26 January 2006 - 01:38 AM

Thank you for your tips....I will try it. I also just got a sample of the jurilique calendula cream....I find it really speeds up the healing time of cysts.. Its thick but not oily...:icon_lol: Thanks

#Post 5 of 15 OFFLINE   Ljp

Ljp

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Joined 18-October 05
Reviews

Posted 26 January 2006 - 02:03 AM

Also since I now LovE calendula (cuz it seriously makes the healing time 10x faster) I've been keeping my eye out for other products that have it in it. I tried the Kiehls calendula toner......Its awesome i use as a toner everyday....but also if you soak a cotton pad in it and hold on the zit......it shrinks it...plus less redness....then put the calendula (jurlique) cream On.....:icon_lol: ...You can get samples of both so it works out....

#Post 6 of 15 OFFLINE   Liz

Liz

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,574 posts
  • Joined 27-February 05
Reviews

Posted 26 January 2006 - 04:37 AM

that's what i'm trying to find too :( i have combo skin, but more on the dry side. and acne fighting stuff dries my skin out even more!
Liz

#Post 7 of 15 OFFLINE   BeneBaby

BeneBaby

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,802 posts
  • Joined 10-June 05
Reviews

Posted 26 January 2006 - 03:59 PM

Hi! Seems we've been blessed with the same skin-type! Here's what I use... AM- Kiehls oil-free Sodium PCA moisturizer. Feels very smooth and keeps dry patches away. You can add a little sunscreen to it too. PM-Kiehls Abyssine Cream. This really evens out my skin tone and makes me feel so soft in the morning. Treatment- To control breakouts I use Differin Cream. It has given me the perfect skin I have always dreamed about. With my insurance it is only about $10. Ask your derm. about it. All of the other acne-control meds dried my skin out and made it worse.
Hey friends....Looking for a Makeup Artist in Northern California?
Check out my flyer in the Makeup Artist Forum here.I am also swapping ALOT of stuff.....

#Post 8 of 15 OFFLINE   Mitsuko

Mitsuko

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  • Joined 17-December 05
Reviews

Posted 26 January 2006 - 11:02 PM

i use Cetaphil now and its awsome
Boys will come and boys will go, tell me something i don't know.

#Post 9 of 15 OFFLINE   swibby28

swibby28

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Joined 30-November 05
Reviews

Posted 27 January 2006 - 03:32 PM

Are you sure you have dry skin? I get pimples but my face was feeling dry and I talked to a Clarins person who suggested that I have oil producing skin that is dehydrated. I was, of course, curious as to what that meant. She said that I was drying out the surface, but that I was still producing oil which led to clogged pores and pimples. I started using some alcohol free stuff and a light moisturizer and I am so happy. I see a bit of a shine from time to time, but I think it is a healthy glow. My big obsession is breakouts and there aren't any. At least not the way they would happen before. NO BLACKHEADS either, doing things this way. When I was drying out the surface, I had tons. sarah

#Post 10 of 15 OFFLINE   SierraWren

SierraWren

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,770 posts
  • Joined 29-July 05
Reviews

Posted 27 January 2006 - 06:21 PM

As my skin has begun getting dryer, but remained acne prone, I've been using this too, and it's really good.

#Post 11 of 15 OFFLINE   Summer

Summer

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts
  • Joined 30-April 05
Reviews

Posted 28 January 2006 - 07:39 PM

I will always recommend Neutrogena skin care for problemed skin. I have always had success with that line.

#Post 12 of 15 OFFLINE   korina981

korina981

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts
  • Joined 25-January 06
Reviews

Posted 29 January 2006 - 07:09 AM

that was my case too. I mean my face feels sooo dry after i wash it (even if i use stuff labelled non-drying and moisturizing). when i was in HS i thought this was good. that if i washed and washed and washed i wouldn't get pimples anymore because i thought the drying was good. but it seemed that when i woke up i had super, super oily skin... so being naaive i'd wash another 4 or 5 times in a row... anyway, too make a long story short, i eventually kind of figured out what was going on. :icon_lol:

#Post 13 of 15 OFFLINE   mechelw

mechelw

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Joined 21-June 05
Reviews

Posted 30 January 2006 - 04:34 AM

well i've been thinking and i believe using a BAR SOAP is to blame with my somewhat dry skin. you see, i've used cetaphil bar soap in the shower to take makeup off & in the morning for a quick wash for a while now & i'm thinking that maybe that's why my skin is always somewhat tight. At night, I always follow it with a scrub or my cleanser, philosophy purity made simple. Recently i tried dove's bar soap because of the "1/4 moisture" but i'm just thinking all cleansing bar soaps are not for the face?? (or my face in particular) i really like using something at night in the shower to take my makeup off! i was thinking of trying dove's cream cleanser for this. also, my face get's red/flushed easily & i liked how bar soap was so simple and didn't irritate my skin and left it even-toned but if my face is always tight after it... then it must not be right. :icon_sad:
"I thought I was a complete and total genius... then I realized I had already seen this episode of Jeopardy."

Me without Zesty Taco/Chipotle Ranch Doritos.

#Post 14 of 15 OFFLINE   patricia69

patricia69

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Joined 20-October 06
Reviews

Posted 20 April 2007 - 01:49 PM

where can i get jurlique?

#Post 15 of 15 OFFLINE   Ljp

Ljp