Dry acne prone skin

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
any products you can recommend for this skin type? a good cleanser, non-greasy moisturizer... etc.

Try jurilique calendula cream. its anti-bacterial,anti-infalmmatory, but super moisturizing.

I have very dry and acne prone skin, which can be such a pain to keep your face moisturized and acne at bay, especially cystic acne..ugh.. I use Dial skin cleanser and then I use Weleda Skin Food moisturizer at night. It feels kinda heavy going on, but it disappears so fast. and doesn't feel greasy. I use Oil Of Olay for sensitive skin in the am before makeup.I have very little breakouts and my skin feels good so far.

Thank you for your tips....I will try it. I also just got a sample of the jurilique calendula cream....I find it really speeds up the healing time of cysts.. Its thick but not oily...:icon_lol: Thanks

Also since I now LovE calendula (cuz it seriously makes the healing time 10x faster) I've been keeping my eye out for other products that have it in it. I tried the Kiehls calendula toner......Its awesome i use as a toner everyday....but also if you soak a cotton pad in it and hold on the zit......it shrinks it...plus less redness....then put the calendula (jurlique) cream On.....:icon_lol: ...You can get samples of both so it works out....

that's what i'm trying to find too :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> i have combo skin, but more on the dry side. and acne fighting stuff dries my skin out even more!

Hi! Seems we've been blessed with the same skin-type! Here's what I use...

AM- Kiehls oil-free Sodium PCA moisturizer. Feels very smooth and keeps dry patches away. You can add a little sunscreen to it too.

PM-Kiehls Abyssine Cream. This really evens out my skin tone and makes me feel so soft in the morning.

Treatment- To control breakouts I use Differin Cream. It has given me the perfect skin I have always dreamed about. With my insurance it is only about $10. Ask your derm. about it. All of the other acne-control meds dried my skin out and made it worse.

Are you sure you have dry skin? I get pimples but my face was feeling dry and I talked to a Clarins person who suggested that I have oil producing skin that is dehydrated. I was, of course, curious as to what that meant. She said that I was drying out the surface, but that I was still producing oil which led to clogged pores and pimples. I started using some alcohol free stuff and a light moisturizer and I am so happy. I see a bit of a shine from time to time, but I think it is a healthy glow. My big obsession is breakouts and there aren't any. At least not the way they would happen before. NO BLACKHEADS either, doing things this way. When I was drying out the surface, I had tons.

sarah

As my skin has begun getting dryer, but remained acne prone, I've been using this too, and it's really good.

I will always recommend Neutrogena skin care for problemed skin. I have always had success with that line.

that was my case too. I mean my face feels sooo dry after i wash it (even if i use stuff labelled non-drying and moisturizing). when i was in HS i thought this was good. that if i washed and washed and washed i wouldn't get pimples anymore because i thought the drying was good. but it seemed that when i woke up i had super, super oily skin... so being naaive i'd wash another 4 or 5 times in a row... anyway, too make a long story short, i eventually kind of figured out what was going on. :icon_lol:

well i've been thinking and i believe using a BAR SOAP is to blame with my somewhat dry skin. you see, i've used cetaphil bar soap in the shower to take makeup off & in the morning for a quick wash for a while now & i'm thinking that maybe that's why my skin is always somewhat tight. At night, I always follow it with a scrub or my cleanser, philosophy purity made simple. Recently i tried dove's bar soap because of the "1/4 moisture" but i'm just thinking all cleansing bar soaps are not for the face?? (or my face in particular) i really like using something at night in the shower to take my makeup off! i was thinking of trying dove's cream cleanser for this. also, my face get's red/flushed easily & i liked how bar soap was so simple and didn't irritate my skin and left it even-toned but if my face is always tight after it... then it must not be right. :icon_sad:

Back