What is the best lip moisturizer?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I did 3 rounds of accutane, the last was several years ago but it seems my lips will never get back to thier pre-accutane state. I can't wear lipstick anymore because of all the danged dryness. What is THE BEST lip moisturizer? Is there anything that will get my lips soft, supple, smooth again?

I just recently started putting my Intense Gel on them when I do my face but I need something on there all the time.

Aquafina makes a product called Hydrating Lip Oil, can get it in any store I think, its helped my dry lips, but I put vaseline on them at night and this seems to be the best.

Oh and I like this one too, C.O. Bigelow's Mentha Lip Shine, come in tints, and regular (no color) and Ultra Mentha Lip Shine, has a high mint flavor and tingles on your lips but it also seems to stay on quite a while.

I found that Carmex actually makes them peel more. My sister is a doctor and she saiy carmex is ad idea too cause lips because for one, it actually has an agent to cause peeling and two, lips become dependent on it....thats why I switched to the Vaseline. I have been carrying tubes of the vaseline lip care around since I beagn the accutane...this is what I'm saying...it's been 3 years now since my last accutane and I still can't go without have 10 tubes of vaseline...I have 2 in my truck, at least one in every room of my house, one in each coat pocket...I don't go without it. If I forget it....gross, cracked lips. I wonder if my lips have become dependent on vaseline, won't produce their own moisture since I have been slathering it on for so long?????

I see you're in the states...I just did a search on this stuff and only come up with UK sellers...where do you get yours?

recently I've been using Sally Hansen Lip Repair, I love it... and the tube is really big, it lasts forever :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I can't find the pic, but it is in white tube with golden cap.

I don't like Carmex either, made big chunks of skin peel off my lips. I prefer Blistex in the blue jar or Blistex Pro-care in a pale blue tube.

I love Kiehl's SPF 15 Lip Balm--super protective and hydrating, and goes great---in clear form--under lipstick. The tinted forms are more like deeply moisturizing glosses.

When my lips are super dry, I use Aquaphor. I also use it on my cuticles and hands. I've found it's the best thing for dry skin/lips. You can get little chapstick size containers for your purse.

I was just in doing my face routine a little while ago, applied my Pure Vitamin Therapy and it suddenly hit me...why not give this a whirl on my lips :icon_roll

So, I'm gonna try this for a week or so and see how it goes.

I use Gold Bond Ultimate Moisture on everything but my face. It cured dry feet in two days nearly. So I thought, why not try it....and now my lips are in the best condition they have ever been. THis is the first time i can remember that my lips are actually not chapped. I can only use it at night, but its amazing.

Vaseline petroleum jelly is the best remedy for me. My lips are nice and smooth now. I have a small one in my purse and a large one near my bedside. Cheap remedy!

I love Clinique Superbalm and Aquaphor ointment.

LOL @ Kim's article, people actually think Carmex can cause cancer? LMAO. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My favorite are Burts Bees lip balm and John Masters Organics. John Masters being my ultimate favorite. They keep my lips very moist.

I've tried anything for my lips but nothing did anything except Chapstick Plus+!!!

Latest posts

Back