MAC Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolor

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I saw Jeffree Star's new video about the new MAC Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolor's and in his video the shades Burnt Spice and So Me are GORGEOUS! I ordered So Me from Macys.com and the color I got looks nothing like the shade he tries on in his video, even though it says it's the same shade. His is a lot more pinky/dusty brown, mine is flat out dark brown on my lips. I've never bought MAC lipsticks before, but the shades he was trying looked totally different than the swatches on MAC's website. I don't get it. 

I'm looking for a great nude lipstick or lipgloss I'm super pale. Korres twist lipstick in Grace is the PERFECT color for me, I LOVE it. But it's not available without buying a set of 3, and two of them I don't want. Does anyone know of anything close to that shade? 

Thanks! 

I've found that liquid lipsticks are tricky with the colors. Sometimes they dry as a darker or different color than what it looks like in the tube. Anastasia Beverly Hills has great liquid lipsticks so do Colourpop and Kylie Cosmetics are good too. Kylie has a lot of nudes in their line but many times everything is sold out. I wonder if Kat Von D Nude Fawn would be the right color for you. It looks very similar as the Korres one you mentioned. I really like Kat Von D too. If you are looking for lipsticks instead of liquid lipsticks, I have Urban Decay Safe word in matte and it's a really pretty nude. I also love Bite Beauty and the shade honeycomb is a pretty nude. It's lighter than the shade pepper which is pretty too. I think Pepper might be closer to the shade you have. The bite beauty Glace lip liner/lipstick is a pretty pinky brown and I use it for a nude, everyday look. I'm always on the hunt for nude lipsticks and have too many. lol. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back