Birchbox May 2017 *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here is the sample choice video for May boxes & the featured box:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJsFEYm2QGs

May 2017 Sample Choices:
MAC Strobe Cream
Vita Liberata Fabulous Gradual Tanning Lotion
Living proof PhD In Shower Styler

Featured Curated Box Sample Choices:
MAC False Lashes Mascara
OUAI Wave Spray
Clarins UV Plus Anti-Pollution Sunscreen (face sunscreen)
COOLA Mango Body Sunscreen (body sunscreen)
Manna Kadar Glo Illuminator

What are you guys picking?

It's gonna be hard for me to pass up MAC. But whewww that's a tiny size: .2 oz  

I'll be picking up the featured box as well!

Sample choice opens on April 26 for aces, April 27 for regular subscribers!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not too excited for either one although I do like MAC. I just don't have use for the strobe cream. I think I'll go with the featured box. I like the Clarins sunscreen.

Definitely going for the Vita Liberata tan sample for my pys and going to be buying the curated box. I love that bb is carrying MAC now, I've been saving my points and will be able to get my foundation for a couple dollars.

I like the self tanner but I think they offered it in a previous sample choice last year or maybe the year before. It's a good sample size compared to the mac and probably has a better value too. 

I like the self tanner too. I like the line in general. The products are great, easy to use and don't turn orange on my fair skin. I'm not a big self tanner person but this line changed my mind. The body blur is an amazing for legs in the summer. I had a chance to see them at a trade show too and had a long conversation with their rep about their products. I really liked the way they seemed to be conducting business too. No sleazy sales tactics or sales speeches.

I got my box to show with this link:

https://www.birchbox.com/me/boxes/women/2017/5

I'm not sure if it will work for everyone, last month it showed me my box once and then stopped working. But it showed my May box has the MAC false lashes mascara, Vita Liberata (my pys and favorite self tanner ever), derma e microdermabrasion scrub, nanette lepore eau de parfum, and living proof in-shower styler.

All in all, I like my box, but I wish Birchbox would send out something like a lip scrub, or foot care products. (I wouldn't mind trying out a foot mask now that summer and sandal weather is round the corner) The living proof is going in the swap box and I did love the sample of the derma e scrub that Ipsy sent me a few years ago so it'll be nice to try it again. 

I also bought the curated box and its nice, I haven't tried anything yet but the Coola Mango is something I used to trade for so I know that won't let me down. The MAC mascara is probably the only mascara in the world other than the blinc one that makes my lower lashes stand out so I'm grateful to be getting one in my monthly box and one in the curated. Not a bad month for my Birchboxes :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My box shipped so I live chatted with Birchbox and asked if they'd reveal my box which they did, but only on the app it won't show up on the desktop for some reason.

Anyway I'm getting 

The Beauty Crop Fabulous Flocking lashes - I love the name of this item fabulous flocking lashes. I'm overloaed with mascaras but hey what's another one?

Vita Liberate fabulous self tanning lotion - this wasn't my PYS choice but I'm glad to get it, I self tan and I've tried this in the past and I like this brand of self tanner. This was also the PYS with the highest value.

evo mane tamer smoothing shampoo & conditioner - it sounds like this is for frizzy hair, which isn't my hair type but I might pass these to a friend. I just hope they are not foil sample packets.

MAC cosmetice strobe cream - this was my sample choice.

Overall not a bad box for me.

Here is the sample choice video for May boxes & the featured box:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJsFEYm2QGs

May 2017 Sample Choices:

MAC Strobe Cream

Vita Liberata Fabulous Gradual Tanning Lotion

Living proof PhD In Shower Styler

Featured Curated Box Sample Choices:

MAC False Lashes Mascara

OUAI Wave Spray

Clarins UV Plus Anti-Pollution Sunscreen (face sunscreen)

COOLA Mango Body Sunscreen (body sunscreen)

Manna Kadar Glo Illuminator

What are you guys picking?

It's gonna be hard for me to pass up MAC. But whewww that's a tiny size: .2 oz  

I'll be picking up the featured box as well!

Sample choice opens on April 26 for aces, April 27 for regular subscribers!

Sorry for replying so late but I think that is the size of the samples that MAC (the company) sends out when you order from them directly.  It is small.

Yeah I got my curated box last week the sizes were pretty small. It seems companies start out with nice sized samples them shrink them down eventually. 

Here is my box.

I'm interested in trying the mascara. The Vita Liberata was my sample choice. I love the line even though I really don't like self tanners. I'll try the coola primer too. Yesterday I had a moisturizer with 15spf and a foundation and powder with sunscreen on and still got too much sun just got spending time outside at kids sport activities. Maybe the mineral primer will help.

IMG_9071.JPG

Edited to add: I tried the Clean perfume and it's really nice. Beautiful clean scent, perfect for summer time for an instant refresher that is not too heavy or perfumy

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back