Makeup for Auburn Hair

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi there,

I recently joined this forum due to a fabulous coworker telling me about this site.. (so excited).

I've been colouring my hair a deep Auburn color the last little while, and I can't seem to find the right makeup. I have brown eyes and a medium complexion. What are the best colors for "fake" redheads?

thanks so much

Vicki

As a natural redhead myself... I always was scared of a lot of makeup because it didnt seem it was 'for redheads'... but really you can use anything you like and make it work. Greens look especially good, as well as golds. You seem to have the average complexion (unlike myself who is uberpale) so you can do pretty much anything you want. You may just not be used to seeing the colors differently in light of having different hair. Play around with what you usually wear more and itll start to look more 'normal' to you.

Your eyecolor might play a bigger factor and that might be why you're having a time deciding. I have auburn hair and I wear every color under the sun. I have hazel eyes. What color are yours?

my eyes are brown.. but i'm thinking about going back to my natural color.. too much maintance with auburn hair.. the color just doesn't stay that long..

With brown eyes you can wear anything! I battled with the thought of going back, too, but I looked back at pictures and I decided against it. I talked to family and friends and even coworkers and they all agree they like me better with this color. I do agree it's quite a bit of maintenance. I was doing it at home for years, so it was quite messy too!! One little drop in the wrong place and yr doomed. Finally, I got my hair done at the hair place inside Walmart - SmartStyle, I believe - and it makes a huge difference. They use Matrix color and it's great. It was only $28!!!

Plus, I love the feeling of the auburn...the emotional feeling. It's a feeling I can't explain, but I bet you know what I'm talking about. And not to mention the compliments and the attention!!

DON'T DO IT! :icon_eek:

By the way, which color do you use?

Here are pics of me with blonde hair!! Whadda think? Don't tell a nyone you ever saw my teeth. :icon_chee

I'm in the same boat..I'm having problems with finding make up that suits too. I have hazel eyes and a pale complexion.

One tip as to keep the auburn from fading so fast, I use a medium reddish brown color so when it fades (which all darker colors seem to do) it's not as noticable. HTH some!

you look fantastic with red hair. I find it compliments you very nicely.

it's sorta the color I want my auburn hair to be. I find though that it's hard to get the right shade of auburn though.

But honey, on you, it's rocking

Wow, you look so different with blonde hair! I think the auburn is lovely on you though - I thought it was your natural colour! It suits you well :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I agree about trying lots of colours for the eyes - auburn and brown eyes can look soooo gorgeous! Here's some Isla Fisher for inspiration:

LOL, I'm still thinking about auburn hair and I don't even have it! I just saw Where The Truth Lies (movie) with Alison Lohman, and she's another actress (with brown eyes!) who wears auburn hair well. Couldn't find many pics of her but the movie shows it better. OK all this auburn thing is out of my system now! :icon_chee

hi there,I recently joined this forum due to a fabulous coworker telling me about this site.. (so excited).

I've been colouring my hair a deep Auburn color the last little while, and I can't seem to find the right makeup. I have brown eyes and a medium complexion. What are the best colors for "fake" redheads?

I have the same coloring as you and I use a medium reddish brown semi permanent hair color. I also have brown/tawny/olive green eyes. What works for me is reds that are brownish with a little orange in it. I look so pale if I don't wear that shade of lipstick. A peach/coral/brownish red blush looks great with it, but of course done lightly if the lipstick is on the brighter side.

I dye my hair red too and I have brown eyes . . . I usually use neutrals or greens for eyeshadow.

Back