What is the best way to apply loose powder?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use a velour sponge as I had a LM makeover and thats what she used, works for me but dont know what is best.

I swipe it on I feel like swirling puts to much on & I look cakey.

I kinda swirl it, but in a downwards motion always - so any downy hairs aren't so obvious.

I've done it all kinds of different ways, but I'm not sure what is best. I have a video of a makeup artist "doing" some faces, and he said it's best to pat it on gently with a puff, then sweep away the excess with a brush.

Yea I use a puff. I've never really paid any attention to the application process. I just do it.:icon_roll:icon_lol:

I swirl it around on my cheek and forehead. I swipe it under my eye area. And then lightly sweep it around the whole face for the final touch. I don't know if this is the right way to do it...but it make my face look even.

Me also. She lightly dipped the sponge in the powder, patted the excess off onto her hand and then applied it carefully to my face by slowly pressing and rolling it almost onto my skin. This way, she didn't disturb my base and it set it perfectly.

On occasion, i will use a powder brush also. It depends on how much time i have, and my mood really. I do like using a sponge, but it does take slightly longer.

Instead of using a powder brush to dust off any excess, if i feel the need, i will use a fan brush. It has a much gentler touch and seems to skim lightly over my makeup. Not a necessity at all, but i like it!

i place the powder on the brush and then shake off the excess and lightly brush the powder over my entire face with sweeping motions.:icon_bigg

Thanks for all the suggestions girls.. I do tap the brush on my hand to get rid of excess powder first but i might try downward strokes now rather than swirling. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back