How to hide large pores with makeup?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey girls..

The past few weeks, i've noticed that my pores are very visible on my forehead & cheeks. I've always known they were there but they just look huge these days. What can i do to cover them up. I use Estee Lauder DoubleWear foundation but that doesnt seem to do much, if anything i think they're more visible when i wear make up.

I know Clinique have the Instant Perfector but i have that and it doesnt do much really.

Any suggestions?

I am interested in anwers to this too.

Do you use a primer first? Mine seem better with the use of some kind of primer, right now I am using DHC's and its good, very velvety

Actually im all out of primer at the mo but hope to get Smashbox Photo Finish soon. Hopefully that will help.

I want to try that too, everyone has such good things to say about it

Ooooh Laura I'm glad you started this thread cause I need help with this too. Mine have seemed larger lately too. Help please...!!!!

I tried taking a pic but you cant see them in that.. They're so huge these days, it frightens me LOL!

i need help with this too. something i know works is to get a facial, because they cleanse your pores then so they will get smaller and your skin will have a healthier glow too. if you can afford its its definetily worth it. also, exfoliating and weekly face steams and face masks will help reduce them. i do however think that if you keep packing on makeup it will just make them bigger because they will get clogged.

My pores are pretty big, they seem even bigger when my face is even a bit greasy, so I use blotting sheets all the time. Also, in my case clinique blended face powder makes the pores appear much much smaller.

Some acidic and retinoid treaments make the pores smaller, but I am not sure what kinds are available in the us...

i would love to find a good primer! i have this problem also, and it seems to be getting worse as i get older!!!

my mom has huge pores, so i'm scared mine will be like that when i'm her age :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

i hope everyone finds the answer!

My pores are getting larger and run in my family so I'm not looking forward to when I get older! I tried the Photofinish primer with the DW when I used to use it and it didnt really do anything for me. that's why I gave it away, IMO there's a lot of hype around this product and while I think it probably does work for some people the majority of people I know who have tried it didnt see any difference. I also find putting my foundation on with a brush accentuates my pores so I just stick to using my fingers - not sure whether you use a brush or not though Laura??

I have huge pores too -- on my cheeks (right by my nose almost) :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> and like you said Laura they are even more visible with makeup. I try to keep my skin and clean as possible, do masks, and use this pore refiner from Prescriptives which does fill them in a little.

I just started with the ACV, and have noticed the oil on my face has gone some and my skin feels softer and smoother. But I would like to see any other suggestions for this issue, so keep them coming girls!!

I use green tea as a toner & it seems to refine my pores pretty good.

I've heard really good things about the Pure Luxe Eraser (not the powder form), and that it is great for filling in pores. I have yet to try it, but I plan on ordering within a week or so. www.pureluxecosmetics.com Maybe Becky has tried it since she has ordered the pigments from them?

Some people say primer; some say pore minimizer. I use Cle de Peau's Translucent Corrector (when I am going out at night / special occasions). It is pretty pricey ($50 last time I checked) but it will last for quite a long time as you only need a little.

CDP30220.gif

It is described as a silky powder concealer which minimizes the appearance of pores. Spherical pore diminishing powder minimizes/creates a perfect finish. Oil-attracting powder absorbs excess sebum to prevent oxidation. Enhances the long-lasting wear of foundation.

HTH

Idealist from EL should help quickly but for real pore reducing I'd recommend Clarins Lotus oil. Used regulary make them much smaller ( I can see results by me)

Back