Bumps with no "heads"?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm new here, so first let me say hello !!!

I have a question, I have what I think is dry acne prone skin and I've noticed for the past few years I have what I call "bumpy road" skin on my cheeks and jaw line. The bumps are low, a little pinkish in color but not rash like, solid to the touch with no discernable head (black or white). Now I know I shouldn't but I have and do squeeze and solid white stuff comes out. Sometimes very thick other times more like silly string. If I leave them alone they just go away usually, one in ten will form a head-usually white.

The real question is are my pores just that clogged or are these bumps something else?

Welcome to Makeuptalk! Sorry, i can't help but i'm sure some of the other girls will have some answers for you. I just wanted to say hello ... oh, and your description of "silly string" made me laugh - i know exactly what you mean! Sometimes have the same problem, so any answers and thoughts would be most useful to me too!

I always thought they were a form of acne, but a different kind of stage as the zits that get heads. Just don't play w/ them so they go away and don't get worse!

Anywhoo, welcome to MUT !

I too got some bumps with no heads on my forehead, exactly like what you described. I got them the day after I used a new moisturizing cream and they have been there for a week. I hope they will go away after another 2 weeks or so. :scared:

First off, welcome to MuT! I'm Lisa. :icon_smil

It sounds like clogged pores so I would exfoliate on a regular basis. Glycolic acid products are also great! You may also want to investigate and see if it's your makeup or heavy creams that could be the culprit.

silly string was the best way to describe the stuff, LOL. I'll do some searching on the forums for gentle exfoliators-usually they leave my skin drier than the Sahara so I shy away......... but maybe there is one out there for me.

Thanks for the welcomes ladies!

i got them awhile ago and freaked out about it (it was on an area around my jaw line). my normal zit stuff didnt work so i went to nordstroms and got DDF Benzoyl Peroxide Gel 5% and it worked very well on getting rid of them quickly.

I love the silly string analogy-it is so dead on. You could try exfoliating as mentioned and BP works well too. I just try to leave my face alone sometimes because I always make it worse but it just is so tempting!

Hi! Welcome to MuT! That's a great question. I have those, too, but I never knew how to describe the problem. It seems like they have gone away for awhile since I started using Almay Skin Clearing foundation - my HG!!

I agree, it sounds like clogged pores -- I used to get a lot of them, they would usually come in patches where I would have 10 or 15 bumps next to each other on my forehead. They were small and pink, not big and red with whiteheads like normal acne. My doctor said it was clogged pores caused by my very oily skin, which is different than true acne (acne requires the presence of a certain bacteria). We tried several presriptions, and the best combination I found was using Clindagel twice a day and Tazorac once a day.

Lately I have been using over-the-counter stuff, and Neutrogenia On-The-Spot Treatment (2.5% benzoyl peroxide) has been working very well, *almost* as well as the prescriptions! Most drugstore acne creams have 10% BP which will dry out and irritate almost anyone (it was the only thing that ever dried out my super-oily skin!), but the 2.5% is just as effective as the 10% and it's much less likely to irritate your skin. You can use it as a spot treatment, but I slather it all over my face as a preventative measure and it works great!

I have more info on oily skin and acne in my notepad if you're interested!

I get the same thing! Mine are from clogged pores. I usually use some apple cider vinegar or natural white clay to clear out my pores and get rid of the bumps.

Yes......you definitely have clogged pores; I know exactly what you are talking about because I'm too am dealing with the same problem. I just purchased some Clean and Clear exfoliating products.......you just have to be patient. Just massage the formula in a circular motion so all of those bumps will rise to the surface, and in due time your pores will come unclogged. You have to eat healthier as well......because in order to see results on the outside, you have to first change what's wrong in the inside.

welcome to MUT! i get those sometimes, but mine just go away after a while. it's annoying!

Welcome to MakeupTalk.

I agree with others opinions and suggestions, it's clogged pores. I had that sometimes and what I always do is just leave them alone, put some tea tree oil treatment spot and it usually gets better by the next day.

Me too! Ugh I hate pimples..with a passion. Well I agree with the other girls-try a good exfoliator. To keep mine at bay, I use masks (I strongly recommend Mario Badescu's! All natural products and they are great!) and I also steam my face a few times a week over a pot of boiling water. Maybe you could try that and see if it helps.

Thanks so much for all of the advice and letting me know I was not alone in this, lol. I am going to get a list together of some products that you all have recommended. I figured my pores were totally clogged........I'm going to go on a little shopping spree this weekend and get my new regimen under way. I'll let you know how it goes.

Honestly, honestly....try glycolic acid. Since I've used the GA toner the remaining little bumps that I couldn't banish have disappeared completely. And I've tried a lot of other stuff these last few years but none have worked as well as this :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Now I have some bumps on my forehead & my jawline mostly, I have a few on my cheeks, but nothing comes out of them & there basically clear, it's just I can see them and feel them, don't like my skin not being smooth. What is it that I have & whats best to clear it up?

I get this too! i have it so bad at the moment, I always get it around my jawline but i have loads on forehead now too. Ive been using a glycolic acid toner, buts its dried my skin out completely... maybe im not being gentle enough? Im erally fed up about it :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> my skin looks so nasty these days

Back