-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic
Photo

Blister inside cheek?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 11 OFFLINE   mehrunissa

mehrunissa

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts
  • Joined 03-February 06

Posted 12 March 2006 - 04:45 AM

I woke up this morning with this ache on the inside of my right cheek, and at first I thought something was wrong with my teeth. I brushed my teeth, then checked what was going on and it looks like a blister, like a little bubble of air under the skin. What the eff? Has anybody else had this happen? It doesn't really ache, but feels more irritated and raw (probably from constantly being poked and tugged on by teeth and tongue). Should I be worried? Eeek!

#Post 2 of 11 OFFLINE   SqueeKee

SqueeKee

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,328 posts
  • Joined 03-January 06

Posted 12 March 2006 - 04:51 AM

I've never experienced anything like what you describe, but I was curious so I googled it! :icon_chee Check out this link: Ask Doctor Spiller Hope your cheek feels better soon! :)

#Post 3 of 11 OFFLINE   Marisol

Marisol

Elite Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,697 posts
  • Joined 12-February 05

Posted 12 March 2006 - 04:53 AM

Sounds painful. I would call your dentist/doctor and maybe describe your situation to them.

#Post 4 of 11 OFFLINE   VenusGoddess

VenusGoddess

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts
  • Joined 31-December 05

Posted 12 March 2006 - 11:44 AM

Yes, I would definitely call your dentist. I used to constantly bite the inside of my mouth while I was eating before I had my wisdom teeth pulled. Sometimes it caused a "sore" to form. But, it would be nice to see what the cause is and get whatever you need to treat it, if needed. Hope you feel better soon!

#Post 5 of 11 OFFLINE   dentaldee

dentaldee

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts
  • Joined 09-January 06

Posted 12 March 2006 - 12:05 PM

is it on your cheek or on your gum?? how big is it? can you bite your teeth together without pain? let me know these things and I'll try to help more!!
Did you ever stop to think.................and forget to start again!!??

#Post 6 of 11 OFFLINE   mehrunissa

mehrunissa

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts
  • Joined 03-February 06

Posted 12 March 2006 - 04:21 PM

Kee, thanks for the link, but eep! The pictures were kind of...graphic. Lol. It's nothing that scary looking. Marisol & VenusGoddess, thanks for the advice. :) dentaldee - it's definitely on my cheek. When I brushed my teeth last night and this morning, the toothbrush would kind of bump the sore spot when I'd reach to brush the very back teeth (on the right side). I tried to get a better look at it, but I'd have to unhinge my jaws to really get a good view. Either way, what I could see was a small-ish spot that was white in a kind of bloodless way. And the surrounding area was a little red. It doesn't look scary, just like what a bugbite would look like. Except it's in my mouth...And it feels bruised. I hope that's descriptive enough!

#Post 7 of 11 OFFLINE   dentaldee

dentaldee

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts
  • Joined 09-January 06

Posted 12 March 2006 - 04:46 PM

well from what I read I have 2 ideas.....mind you it's diff. if I could see it!!! But........ if it is acctually on your cheek like say the middle if it, I'd think you were most likely grinding or clenching your teeth in your sleep and you pinched your cheek between your teeth or if it's closer to your teeth at the back b/c you mentioned your back teeth?? I'd say it was your wisdom teeth erputing, if you haven't had them removed yet.this would be more painful. what is your pain level 1-10....10 the worst? either way ....... I suggest salt water rinces...1 tsp of salt in 1 cup of warm water 4 x daily. If it persists more then 1 week I'd go to the dentist. I hope that helps .... keep me posted!!

#Post 8 of 11 OFFLINE   anne7

anne7

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,716 posts
  • Joined 04-June 05

Posted 12 March 2006 - 04:53 PM

It definitely sounds like a canker sore to me. I get them sometimes, although I'm not sure exactly why I get them. DO NOT try to pop it or anything like that, they just have to go away on their own. If it doesn't start to go away on its own in a week (all of my canker sores go away if I leave them alone), I'd go to your dentist to be on the safe side. Check out this link for more info on them. http://en.wikipedia....iki/Mouth_ulcer
all your life, you were only waiting for this moment to be free

#Post 9 of 11 OFFLINE   XDelicateX

XDelicateX

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Joined 07-March 06

Posted 15 March 2006 - 12:26 AM

I absolutely hate canker sores. They are just so irritating. I find that many of the times I got canker sores was when I was extremely stressed. To try to help get rid of them, like someone suggested earlier, is to basically gurgle salt water. Also, try not to touch it, otherwise, you'll probably just irritate it more.
Crystal from Virginia19 years old***Filipina~*~Olive/Tan Skin with Yellow Undertones~*~Oily/Acne Prone Skin~*~Black Hair&Dark Brown Eyes***Sex appeal is fifty percent what you've got and fifty percent what people think you've got.-SOPHIA LORENClassic Beauty

#Post 10 of 11 OFFLINE   mehrunissa

mehrunissa

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts
  • Joined 03-February 06

Posted 15 March 2006 - 05:02 PM

Thanks for all the advice and help, everybody! It went away by itself after a couple of days, and I can't even remember what it was I was whining about anymore. Geez, I'm such a baby...I did the salt water rinses and it helped - it kind of soothed the soreness. Again, thanks!

#Post 11 of 11 OFFLINE   dentaldee

dentaldee

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts
  • Joined 09-January 06

Posted 15 March 2006 - 05:25 PM

I'm glad it's all good now!!!!:satisfied: Most of the time if you wait things out for a week, whatever the case may be, it usually goes away if it's nothing serious!!!!!!