Cocoa Butter as a facial moisturizer??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone have any thoughts or facts about using cocoa butter on the face? Is it a pore clogger? I have normal skin. And I mean pure cocoa butter, not a lotion with cocoa butter as an ingredient!

Thanks!

Jennifer

i think a lot of african american people use it as a moistuirizer because they tend to have dry skin. im not sure about using it on your face though as it could be too heavy.

I've never tried it as a facial moisturizer and probably won't. I'm an african american woman who has oily skin and it would just add to having even more clogged pores. Yet it has a great smell and I recommend it to anyone who has dry skin!

My face would totally disown me if I ever used anything other than a facial moisturizer or Cortaid.

It doesn't bother me much but I feel it just sits on my skin, thick and doesn't sink in well.

i am ablack girl with a dry skin.

i do that espacially in winter or if i feel my skin really dry. i rub a small amount and apply on my face. i wear alone or with a lotion.

not supposed to. i use queen helen or palmers cocoa butter. my bf has a very sensitive skin and use them both without problem.

i'd avoid using it on your face if you're prone to acne or breakouts. better safe than sorry!

those i use can go on the face. the first ingredient is water, so i know it wont be to rich.

i dont think i would use it on your face

when i had my tattoo done i used that on it and it made me get mild acne around the site of my tatto which is somewhere i have never had a problem with acnee, so i cant imagine putting it on my face where i allready have acne problems

i knew a guy who used it after he shaved and his skin was smooth and soft.. doesnt hurt to try i guess you wont really know untill you do.

I would not use it daily on my face. cocoa butter can burn the skin. So i dont recommend unless for scars or bruises. :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />)

Cocoa Butter (100% pure) is a great moisturizer for your face. Oil is actually good for your face. It's the harsh cleansers that do the damage. I rub a combination of Castor and Sesame oil on my face every night. I wash it off in the morning with a mild cleanser. During the day I use a lotion with spf. I have rarely had a break-out since I started this routine and my skin is super sensitive. :laughing:

I have not used it personally, but my mate uses this as she has very dry skin and Cocoa Butter is the only thing that keeps her skin from drying out..

I would stay away from cocoa butter for your face unless your face is REALLY dry. It is very high on the skin clogging scale so why risk getting pimples for this when there are butters that are less clogging.

Back