Some tips for maintaining weight or loosing weight that i've tested.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi ya ladies! I know some of us on this board work out or watch what we eat etc. I have been maintaining my weight, but trying to tone up and loose a few pounds without challenging myself to drastic changes (coz that will work the opposite on me:satisfied: ).

These are some tips for those of you who are looking for small changes, that REALLY DO WORK for me:

-i love tea, so i drink hot tea at least 3 cups a day, on a hot day i drink it iced with lemon and splenda or just like that. So recently I noticed that when i drink hot tea in the afternoon (between lunch and dinner) my sweet food cravings magically disappear! I fill up on it, like for example today, i couldn't make myself even eat a healhty afternoon snack after a cup of warm green berry tea. It may not help you loose weight but trust me on the cutting out your appetite for fatty sweets.

-Some of us love chocolate, right? So i found this sugar free chocolate in the diabetes section, its made by some company called Ross i think, dark, thick sweet chocolate that you can enjoy guilt free after a dinner. I eat one or two little squares and get full.

-Also, I noticed that after I brush my teeth or even mouthwash right after lunch I can't eat anything, just don't want to. Gum and mints do the same trick on me.

-When i really crave something chocolatey and creamy I make this sugar free chocolate pudding with skim milk and voijla, add some whip cream on top if you want.

-I also love fruits so i try to reach for them after dinner or lunch they are filling and sweet and good for you.

-Lately I have been walking more, if i go grocery shopping i will start from the back of the store and will walk forward, its a good 30-40 minute walk.

Anyways, these are small changes and they work, I hope everyone is not pushing themselves too hard, at this time everyone is trying to loose weight for the bikini season, good luck and I am glad to share my tips with you, hope you try it and it works for you as it does for me. :icon_smil

If you want to share your secrets or tips that work for you please feel free!!! =)

thanks for the tips, ill try the tea thing! i recently discovered these dried banana rings covered in yogurt or chocolate, and they make a great substitute for the unhealthy snacks i usually eat. they still have some chocolate but the base is fruit. you can also get them without anything on and they are very nice and crispy. i am going to substitute my snacks like brownies, and crisps with these, and various nuts.

Those are great tips!I have also experienced that I don't get food cravings when I have just used mouthwash.

One tip from me: Snack on flavored yogurt. The ones with fruits at the bottom are great. Yogurt is good for health and is a much healithier snack than potato chips or chocolate.

good tips. i need to start drinking more water to fill me up along with clearing up my skin.

i've been into dried fruits too and beef jerky.

Thanks for the tips on losing weight......I noticed that chewing gum helps fill me up longer, why? I do not know, but it helps. And, I'm definitely am going to make a outh to myself, to drink at least 32 ounces of water a day; my skin needs it.

I am sure there is in the healthy section of the grocery store, reduced fat and sugar free mint patties for example. sugar free is enough for me though. :w00t:

Back