Dark Hair With Fair Skin?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So my hair is naturally a goldeny brown colour and I have fair skin. I've always wanted like dark dark brown hair, like a rich chocolatey colour. Would it look too harsh do you think? I mean I know I guess it would depend entirely on the person, but generally speaking; what do you think?

Its all personal opinion, but I love when I see really pale/fair people with DARK hair. I think its gorgeous, exotic. *

ok the truth? I love it! I think it makes your make up more noticeable than ever! Everything will POP on your face. it's fun and amazing! You should do it! I did for like 5 years. Ya see I'm easy to burn, and I could be confused with white out..however...I did the dark hair thang. it was fun and looked very dramatic. it reminded me of the Marilyn era. Hot times! have fun!

Luv Anyah

Yea thats another point I forgot to mention I love. Eyes and makeup and all your features are so much more vivid with dark hair + pale skin. I love the look of light eyes + dark hair too ... so gorgeous! *

You could get away with it.. most people can. I just wouldn't go for black. Black is hard to pull of on just about anyone who wasn't born with it. But a dark brown I'm sure would look great on you! Now if you can post a pic of yourself... We can all give the thumbs up! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I love this look, personally. I know so many fair skinned girls with dark hair and i think it looks gorgeous.

I like the look of fair skin and dark hair(black hair doesn't work for everyone) but there are so many beautiful brown shades that could work. Your eyes really do pop and your features as well.

Thats exactly what I have. I'm really really white complected. Very porcelain ivory type skin but my hair is dark brown. My eyes are aswell. I think the look is gorgeous. I think if you wanna change it to having that look, a chocolate brown type of color would be great. It'll make it more intense and rich.

What I do like aswell is fair skin with black hair. I love that look. Its gorgeous. I dyed my hair black 1 time about 5-6 years ago, but it actually didnt work out. Maybe it was just me, but it looked weird. Like a witch. lol. But then again, I've dyed it pink and green and red before. lol. Loved the red one. :sdrop: I think I'll stick with a chocolate brown color. Its a great look. :sdrop:

That's pretty much what I have (see my avatar!). I think a rich chocolatey shade sounds great. Steer clear of flat dark browns or blacks and I'd say it'll be lovely.

i think that would be so pretty! Just look at Liv Tyler from 'Stealing Beauty' -very dark hair, very pale skin

I agree with the person who said, steer away from black - which may be too harsh.

I too, have naturally dark brown hair (like dark chocolate) and its natural highlights are reddish but not dramatic. I've never colored my hair. My skin is pale too. I'm pleased with my natural coloring.

^exactly what i was thinking.

in my opinion i think people with fair skin could pull of any hair color.

i'm so jealous... :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

but then again, black really stands out, so try a rich dark brown instead. a brown that is nearly black..

I think a dark chocolatey brown would be great. and I agree that you shouldn't go jet black.

I have really fair skin too, and my hair is currently a nice darrrk brown (naturally a lighter brown). I personally love the way it looks, It really makes my blue eyes pop. I say go for it!

I wish I had light eyes... I absolutly LOVE the way dark hair looks with light eyes.... it's so contrasting and gorgeous!!! :laughing:

I have Casper-pale skin and once years ago(in college)I dyed my naturally ash blonde/brown hair black--it was so flat a color though and so monochromatic that I just looked overly ready for Haloween!But, a nice Hershey chocolate brown, maybe with faint gold or auburn highlights, with your light skin--I think that would look lovely!

You can do any color you want... but the tone has to be right. Chocolate sounds great for you. You could go black if you want, not blue-black, but brown-black...there is a difference. Your hairstylist will probably know what to do to make it look good on you.

Ive naturally black hair.I'm tired of colouring n highliting my hair to various shades of brown coz didnt really work.I luv luv luv dark chocolate brown shades like posterofagirl said, but here at my place they 've to bleach my hair coz its too black in order to get dat rich brown.More reddish shades here!I've bleached before (was crazy aftr Jlo's hair) ended up my hair turned like a broomstick!! Sumhow aftr a gud maintainance frm Redken, it has helped my hair alot n now its totally black again.Many ppl said black suits me the best but im confused...is black in now?i've seen lotsa ppl is changing the shades into darker..

This is the kinda dark tress which i luvv to have!!

Miss World 2005 Natalie Glebova

i was thinking of doing the exact same thing! i've always had blonde hair but it has gotten dark as i've gotten older... bleh! so now my roots are dark blonde and my highlights are light blonde.i was thinking of going darker and keeping some lighter highlights around the face! my mom swears i will look "goth" if i do my whole head but i totally don't think so. like you girls said, it makes the features POP! i've used l'oreal ferria color in "french roast" (which is like... hmm... a faint reddish/bronze brown?) but i only did it to the underneath part. what i'm wondering is, what tone is best? their is 'bronzed' browns 'deep' browns. i just get so confused. i think i want a dark chocolate brown but i dunno which one! l'real ferrias dark colors are nice, so i want one of them. they are all found here:

http://www.lorealparisusa.com/haircolor/products/feria/index.asp

Latest posts

Back